A freelance graphic artist is a freelance contractor who works directly under client(s) to complete their graphic design needs. Their duties include looking for projects, negotiating pay with clients, give clients finished work, getting projects done on time, print and digital advertising, flyers, videography and motion graphics.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Graphic Artist resumes for your reference.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 1
- Prepared a resume in a creative and professional manner.
- Designed an annual business event promotion brochure for ABC Company.
- Researched Internet resources to improve design skills.
- Attended workshops and classes to improve graphic design skills.
- Created a CD to showcase my portfolio.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 2
- Achieved award for outstanding service; provided creative ideas and assistance to clients with project development.
- Received recognition for excellent graphic design skills; proofread and edited print brochure material for the employer.
- Earned employer’s respect as an essential team member; voluntarily went beyond the scope of responsibilities to complete projects.
- Saved employer thousands of dollars by designing web graphics that were compatible with multiple browsers (Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox) on both PC and Mac platforms.
- Completed various projects ahead of deadline; improved workflow processes by developing self-training manuals for team members.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 3
- Designed key graphics for industry leader’s national campaigns based on company’s direction—which resulted in raising sales by 20% versus the previous year.
- Created a new logo for the top-selling product line—which was used nationally, driving sales of more than $17 million.
- Developed innovative design on new packaging for the leading-selling product line, resulting in increased sales of more than $8 million.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to develop a full-color magazine that included a feature article on new product lines; magazine allowed the company to achieve more than $7 million in media exposure.
- Appointed top graphic artist in the region based on a peer evaluation.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 4
- Started career as a graphic artist with the goal of becoming a full-time professional.
- Became proficient in digital design, photo retouching, and vector graphics, and is now an expert in the fields of photography and fine art.
- Developed website portfolio to enhance credentials; demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with coworkers and clients to create effective designs for marketing materials.
- Continued development of digital design skills under the supervision of professional designers; built the site using XHTML and CSS languages.
- Won an online recognition award for exceptional work in the design of three projects.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 5
- Obtained projects from the major cities of the country.
- Formally represented myself by holding a portfolio of my work.
- Obtained projects for well-known companies, including Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Oreo Cookies, IBM, UPS, American Family Insurance Company.
- Obtained high-paying government & corporate clients such as Dell Computer Corporation and was dubbed “The Best of Show” in a local art show.
- Achieved award for career progress from the career counselor at HICAS after 5 years of working in the field of Graphic Design/Sculpting/Animation/Painting/etc.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 6
- Published a mini-catalog depicting contemporary art exhibits for 250,000 viewers.
- Promoted creative design through research and compilation of information for art exhibitions catalog.
- Developed logos for Latin-based companies that were unique and innovative.
- Captured the essence of the creative process via a creative imagery portfolio.
- Reduced costs by successfully negotiating with a printer to reduce printing costs by over 10%.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 7
- Designed corporate logos, signage, brochures, and PowerPoint presentations for multinational corporations.
- Met with clients to develop concepts and summarize their needs.
- Created 2D and 3D computer graphics for web pages.
- Trained clients how to use new graphic design software; developed instruction manuals for new users.
- Provided idea generation and design solutions to clients based on their graphic design project objectives.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 8
- Completed freelance projects on schedule, adhering to project specifications.
- Received special recognition for exceptional quality on artwork submitted by the Board of Education for their new school logo.
- Rejected a large number of low-quality submissions, which increased my professional reputation and ensured that I was able to accept project work involving brand-name clients.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 9
- Modified original drawings to meet the needs of the client.
- Designed web pages for various clients using various software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Dreamweaver.
- Conveyed information in a clear manner that is readable to all members of the organization.
- Used computers to quickly complete tasks.
- Performed other duties as assigned.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 10
- Completed a 24-page semi-gloss, full-color brochure for a government agency in 3 months’ time; clients were impressed with the quality and way it translated their message.
- Translated a large hand-drawn laboriously detailed sketch of space station orthographs to computer vector illustrations for mass production to be used as kits for elementary-age students who would then construct the stations inside of the classroom.
- Hand-drew lettering and ornaments for a logo design competition for an international high tech company; created original artwork despite heavy competition from other top graphic artists; work shown above right.
- Organized a large poster art show at a major university focusing on the techniques of the famous illustrator and artist, Maxfield Parrish; involved students from various colleges as well as members of the public to gain interest in art.
- Designated an art student as one of the top-producing students in his school’s art class; motivated, creative, and encouraging.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 11
- Hand-lettered over 200 wedding invitations including enclosures, envelopes, and reception programs for a start-up business.
- Carried full-time workload at graphic design studio including conceptualizing ideas, creating logos, laying out brochures, correcting errors in published materials.
- Developed unique plotter design elements for sale to various retailers nationwide.
- Trained new employees on the operation of plotters.
- Won 3rd place award in state-wide plotter competition for innovative plotter design elements; designed plotter elements were manufactured and sold by an international plotter distributor to stores nationwide.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 12
- Awarded appreciation by government agencies for designing posters, pamphlets, and brochures.
- Art directed team of freelance artists for various corporations.
- Created advertisements based on the company’s objectives for a new product launch.
- Revised existing specifications to ensure brand name visibility; brand name visibility enhanced by design changes.
- Redesigned packaging to reflect an upscale image for a new product line targeted towards the “upscale” consumer.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 13
- Collaborated with three additional freelancers to design and develop the website for a new business owner.
- Invested in an overhead projector, appropriate poster paper, and brushes as a personal investment to enhance software skills as a graphic artist.
- Designed and developed promotional materials for a local nonprofit organization; received a request from the same organization to design similar promotional materials for six additional events.
- Self-published a flyer announcing a special sale at a local store; received 40% of sale profits.
- Designed and developed fliers promoting local art exhibits; designed fliers for two other art exhibits along with using Photoshop to design event advertisements.
Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 14
- Achieved award for outstanding work in Graphic Design.
- Referred clients to other artists, design experts, and marketing professionals for specialized design services.
- Achieved award for work in Fine Art.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in creating color palettes for websites and business cards.
- Recognized by other artists for outstanding graphic design abilities.
To work as a freelance graphic artist a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field is normally required but sometimes training in the graphic design field will suffice. Freelance graphic designers must demonstrate ability to work in a constantly changing environment, be self-motivated, organized, prioritize multiple projects at one time, creativity, communication, and branding.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Samples
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 1
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 2
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 3
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 4
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 5
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 6
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 7
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 8
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 9
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 10
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 11
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 12
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 13
- Freelance Graphic Artist Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up