Echocardiography Technicians helps physicians by creating real-time images of the heart. Their duties include operating equipment which uses sound waves to produce the images of the heart, evaluate heart function, diagnose heart ailments, interview patients, and review their medical records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Echocardiography Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Echocardiography Technician resumes for your reference.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 1
- Accurately diagnosed patients with various heart diseases; consistently diagnosed and treated patients within prescribed guidelines.
- Created and maintained a comprehensive manual outlining the procedure for determining average ESR, creatinine, blood pressure, and other measurements needed to accurately diagnose patients.
- Used a variety of digital, traditional, and printed methods to document patient encounters.
- Created the documentation for ECHO labs tests ranging from the ordering of tests to scheduling follow-up appointments accordingly.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively documented appropriate documentation all in accordance with Federal Regulations.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 2
- Acutely pinpointed cardiac conditions in patients; documented additional findings of patient symptoms and pertinent medical histories.
- Accurately interpreted echocardiograms as specified by the American Society of Echocardiography; promoting a positive work environment with peers and staff.
- Approved all echocardiograms prior to transmission to the referring physician; ensured that diagnoses were accurately made.
- Assisted with testing of new technologies in conjunction with a research project at the University of Illinois; contributed to the advancement of cardiovascular medicine.
- Recognized by patient referral program for obtaining exceptional echocardiogram readings, thereby contributing to indigent care.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in the accurate evaluation of heart sound velocity, as well as phonocardiograms to determine the presence of valvular disease.
- Maintained and updated Echocardiography Technician training records.
- Performed routine preventive maintenance on Echocardiography equipment.
- Designed training curriculum regarding Multi-Dimensional Echocardiography for technicians and physicians.
- Trained incoming students in echo procedures and maintenance of equipment.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 4
- Sought challenging opportunities as a result of the desire to grow professionally.
- Contributed towards department’s success; trained new hires, observers, and graduate students.
- Selected for an intern training program where I completed rotations at 3 prominent hospitals throughout Pennsylvania, Delaware & Maryland.
- Participated in the hospital’s medical staff and quality improvement committee; designed programs for physicians and nursing staff members to improve patient care.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to procedures and procedure notes.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 5
- Achieved perfect scores on all written and performance tests; accredited by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Managed the division of echo studies from several other states, effectively organizing patient files and data; earned the appreciation of customer service representatives who often had to deal with irate customers.
- Successfully completed a shift without any customer complaints; recognized for providing exemplary services by senior techs who had previously handled calls from irate customers.
- Promoted to department manager of Echo Lab, where staff increased revenue by 10%; recognized for overseeing staff, scheduling shifts, and ensuring the satisfaction of customers.
- Welcomed new employees by communicating company policies and procedures; recognized for the excellence of training program by several customers who had previously felt intimidated by inexperienced technicians.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 6
- Read studies and interpret test results.
- Prepared reports for physicians and specialists.
- Developed departmental policies and procedures manuals; drafted guidelines for a group of non-medical personnel.
- Performed echocardiograms slides and films from films on my computer; answered inquiries regarding interpretation of results. Organized EKG studies and interpret test results.
- Advised department physicians and specialists on proper procedures for test interpretation; administered echocardiograms, EKGs, and stress tests.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 7
- Obtained clients; obtained referrals to ensure high returns on investment.
- Diagnosed and treated patients in a timely manner; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Earned a superior quality award from peers; effectively processed services for customers.
- Effectively implemented and tracked programs for customers in an efficient, effective manner; promoted company spokesperson position.
- Achieved award of promotional excellence; earned multiple awards for superior customer care and support as an echocardiographer technician/technologist/anesthesiologist.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 8
- Committed to the ongoing education of myself and my co-workers through involvement in continuing medical education, video recording techniques, and participation in staff development workshops.
- Attended, performed, and documented carefully required cardiovascular ultrasound examinations.
- Provided courteous care to my customers; offered assistance were needed during my shift.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively published articles on electrocardiogram interpretation as well as color-flow Doppler ultrasound examination techniques.
- Adhered to strict HIPAA guidelines; disciplined through internal communication.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 9
- Performed echocardiography tests on patients and assisted with EKGs, Holters, and routine physicals for over 5 years.
- Completed a study for implantable defibrillators at the National Institutes of Health (NIH); the report was published in a medical journal.
- Earned certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Participated in numerous research studies to improve diagnostic procedures; able to increase the efficiency of tests.
- Maintained accuracy rating of 100% during quality checks by Director of Research; recognized as an outstanding employee by receiving an award from Medical Center Director.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 10
- Supported research by performing echocardiograms on experimental rats. Assembled and maintained ultrasound equipment to ensure continued smooth operation.
- Created daily protocols for the lab’s echo diagnostic equipment. Troubleshot any machine malfunctions.
- Provided training to lab technicians on utilization of new ultrasound equipment, including maintenance and safety practices; increased efficiency and accuracy in diagnostic procedures.
- Coordinated with colleagues in other departments to acquire specimens for analysis; proficient at setting up acquisitions, scanning, and analyzing images so that research could continue uninterrupted by possible crisis situations.
- Served as an instructor for fellow students in the Basic Echocardiography Course, a 3-week course in echo.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 11
- Successfully completed a cardiac ultrasound training program; recognized for excellent academic achievement.
- Assessed cardiovascular functions via echocardiogram (echocardiograph) and prepared reports; conducted tests on patients referred by physicians.
- Demonstrated a high level of customer service via focus groups conducted in a hospital system.
- Recognized by peers and superiors as a valuable member of the diagnostic team; participated in research projects.
- Member of a research team that developed an algorithm used to assist cardiologists in predicting the risk of a stroke in patients who suffer from atrial fibrillation (abnormal heartbeat).
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 12
- Demonstrated knowledge of parameters and troubleshooting solutions to accommodate exceptional images.
- Maintained high professional and technical skills by participating in an extensive continuing education program; earning awards for clinical performance, customer service, and computer proficiency.
- Organized a charity fund-raiser for the benefit of a growing industry association; designated as chairman for the fund-raising committee.
- Developed and implemented an effective clinical practice plan for the local hospital.
- Promoted a healthy work-life balance by prioritizing work responsibilities to accommodate a personal life outside of the hospital.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 13
- Assisted the medical director in improving the ultrasound diagnostics system.
- Acts as a mentor to fellow students to help prepare them for careers in medicine.
- Actively participates in research on a new ultrasound diagnostic system that will benefit patients.
- Collaborated effectively with physicians and other technicians in a medical team environment; received outstanding performance recognition for role in maintaining high-quality standards.
- Worked as a member of a medical team to administer contrast and administer medications to patients with irregular heartbeats.
Echocardiography Technician Resume Sample 14
- Skilled in Echocardiography; effectively diagnosed cases based on patient symptoms, physical exam, and blood tests.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively diagnosed cases while adhering to pre-established standards regarding patient privacy.
- Received excellent credit for completing work within the established time frame and adhering to the established guidelines.
- Acquired certification in Echocardiography; effectively diagnosed cardiac cases during emergency room visits.
- Performed an Echocardiogram on a child to document mild heart damage without complications over a couple of hours on a Sunday morning.
To become and Echocardiography Technician, you need to have at minimum an associate degree in Echocardiography, meet certification requirements and/or state licensure or registration. Echocardiography Technicians need physical endurance, hand dexterity, hand-eye coordination, pay attention to detail, clearly communicate, be adaptable and understand social nuances.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.