A Dog Trainer is responsible for providing training to dogs such as behavioral training and house training. Their duties are consulting with clients to determine dog’s needs, identify behavioral issues, create training programs, teach dog behavioral techniques, implement proper training programs, clean workstations, and answer client inquiries.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Dog Trainer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Dog Trainer resumes for your reference.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 1
- Trained and maintained a canine for a blind owner; the dog’s exceptional training skills were recognized by local media.
- Assisted clients in training their dogs using positive reinforcement, and developed a service dog training program.
- Used the Koehler method in training dogs; consistently praised by clients for using humane techniques.
- Formulated a training program to teach dogs to sit, stay, and heel in preparation for therapy work.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability as a trainer, demonstrated by gaining certification as a Certified Professional Dog Trainer.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 2
- Trained team of canine athletes to work in conjunction with their handlers to serve as Police K-9.
- Provided training services for private sector clients; recognized by Clients for consistently delivering quality obedience training services.
- Recognized for implementing innovative training techniques; trained service dogs to alert the deaf and blind.
- Developed key partnerships between canine trainers and pet daycare centers resulting in increased business growth, client referrals, and happier pets.
- Taught specialized tracking techniques; recognized by local law enforcement for effective tracking skills resulting in numerous arrests leading to convictions.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 3
- Supervised lifeguard dogs for beach patrol safety.
- Stood up work at high risk of injury to provide an opportunity for rehabilitation.
- Saved 8 lives through last resort programs, including fostering, fostering/adoption, rehoming, and foster-to-adoption.
- Delivered training courses to improve handlers’ skill level in handling their dogs.
- Demonstrated positive leadership skills by leading by example, while working closely with the director of animal services.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 4
- Shaped dogs’ behavior to ensure they are clean, calm, and obedient.
- Accomplished goal of enhancing my team’s popularity by building positive relationships with clients.
- Provided dog obedience training for customers with aggressive canines; effectively implemented constructive disciplinary techniques to eliminate destructive behaviors.
- Trained dogs to respond to verbal commands in a timely manner; recognized for time-saving methods during dog training sessions.
- Earned appreciation for loyalty and commitment when called upon during the absence of my supervisor.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 5
- Trained and cared for dogs while working with several prominent organizations.
- Spent more than 10 years working with various breeds of dogs; developed a strong familiarity and confidence in handling and training all manner of dogs.
- Handled more than 50 different kinds of dogs on average per week; developed the capability to effectively train and rehabilitate aggressive dogs.
- Performed evaluations on more than 2000 different kinds of dogs; developed expertise in the identification of potential behavioral issues in puppies, including puppy-kicking syndrome.
- Conducted behavior evaluations on puppies with a wide variety of behavioral ailments. Compiled data requiring intricate analysis through the use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 6
- Growth-oriented dog trainer was commended for maintaining a state-of-the-art training facility that showcases the latest in dog training techniques.
- Enhanced the success of my business by providing specialized instruction on “how to correct problems” for dog owners who utilize outside trainers.
- Provided individualized training programs for the owners of shelter dogs that enabled them to more effectively control their pets.
- Launched a successful doggie daycare business with educational programs geared toward teaching doggie manners and etiquette.
- Developed an educational video series titled, “How to Be Your Dog’s Best Friend,” which is now distributed nationally on cable television.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 7
- Enrolled in an obedience training course to become a certified dog trainer for dogs ranging from 7-months to 2-years old.
- Completed an after-school dog training program at the local animal shelter.
- Trained three dogs to pass the AKC’s Canine Good Citizen certification test, which included 100 commands over a three-week period, ensuring that dogs would be well behaved during visits to parks or other public places.
- Volunteered with local animal rescue organizations, making sure that dogs are socialized appropriately with comfortable with being around people.
- Canine Good Citizen tested 16 dogs for one organization.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 8
- As a Dog Trainer, successfully trained and placed dogs with families for a non-profit organization.
- Trained and placed six dogs in the greater Chicagoland area; received award from organization for outstanding service.
- Trained and placed three dogs in the greater Chicagoland area; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Trained and placed ten dogs in Colorado; obtained outstanding quality award.
- Trained fifteen dogs; obtained recognition for achieving high company standards regarding training techniques and heartworm prevention products.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 9
- Attained Hands-on-Training award for attending classes in dog behavior, nutrition, and diet; also attended seminars in canine breeding.
- Reared three dogs that became Best-in-Show dogs in competition with dogs reared by other animal care workers.
- Taught five dogs to perform in agility competitions; received a commendation from the Dog Agility League for training the dogs to master five different obstacles within 6 months.
- Received honor of Television’s Top Dog Trainer for teaching three puppies to retrieve Frisbees on the TV game show, “Are You Smarter than a Puppy. . .?”
- Successfully trained a dog to retrieve a water-repellent cube from a pool of water.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 10
- Performed veterinary care for sick dogs; obtained information pertinent to the medical care of the dogs.
- Supervised kennels; established routines and fed dogs according to schedules.
- Assisted with running the vet clinic, including ordering supplies, updating patient records, cleaning cages, and performing other duties as needed.
- Trained new employees in the basics of their jobs by modeling changes.
- Performed other tasks as required to maintain daily operations.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 11
- Trained dogs for good behavior, placement, and health.
- Recognized for exceptional customer service; received superior ratings on a customer satisfaction survey.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively prepared client information for client’s retirement needs.
- Interacted with clients and their pets; provided verbal and written information regarding the company services, procedures, and benefits.
- Achieved award for animal care; maintain a clean and well-maintained training facility.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 12
- Trained a stray dog to not bark at strangers.
- Trained a dog to sit and stay on command, as a requirement for a silent dog contest.
- Enrolled a young puppy in Puppy Agility Training.
- Obtained certification as an American Kennel Club Dog Trainer.
- Trained pet dogs for owners who were going away.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 13
- Discovered and took immediate action to remedy issues found in the dogs’ daily interactions, such as house-training problems, separation anxiety.
- Worked with the dog’s owner to develop a schedule for administering medication and medications, such as insulin; monitored daily progress of a patient.
- Identified behaviors that were detrimental to a dog’s health and safety in a timely manner in order to take corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Strengthened relationships with animal services agencies in order to provide comprehensive training programs for owners of aggressive breeds.
- Gained extraordinary customer service skills through dealing effectively with customers who have diverse backgrounds and/or cultures.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 14
- Trained dogs by providing obedience training according to the owner’s needs. Conducted socialization/obedience classes for puppies.
- Obtained rescue dogs through the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) and trained them for customers in accordance with customers’ needs.
- Achieved award for being part of ASPCA “Handy in a Pinch” team in responding to emergencies in the greater Los Angeles area. Had to care for animals affected by fires, floods, earthquakes, etc. Also provided disaster relief during hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- Trained dogs to serve as emotional support animals for both children and adults with autism, depression, anxiety disorders, and other emotional disabilities.
- Helped a client set up a dog training business using a training package purchased from a manufacturer.
Dog Trainer Resume Sample 15
- Trained dog using positive reinforcement.
- Obtained an average customer satisfaction rating of 90% with pet owners and clients.
- Received recognition for exceeding customer service and animal handling and care guidelines.
- Promoted to Lead Trainer; efficiently trained two new employees regarding all aspects of the dog training program.
- Certified as the company’s most valuable employee based on employee evaluations, bi-annually.
To become a Dog Trainer, you will need a High School Diploma or Equivalent, and Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers. The skills needed for this position are knowledge of dog training, passion for animals, strong communication skills, strong enthusiasm, analytical skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, and the ability to work independently.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.