A Director of Accounting manages consulting services to controllers and the finance department within a company. Their duties include preparing financial statements, analyzing financial statements, revising journal entries, prepping for audits, providing financial consults to controllers and finance department, and budgeting.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Accounting Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Accounting resumes for your reference.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 1
- Oversaw the accounting department, monitoring daily work flow to save time, improve customer service, and save money.
- Used innovative techniques to improve accounting functions for greater accuracy and less paper work.
- Established new system that streamlined data entry process, reducing it from 3 days down to 1 hour per year.
- Increased billing revenues by 50% within 1 year of taking office during economic downturn; led team responsible for generating 30% revenue growth in all lines of business.
- Implemented cost saving measures which reduced operational costs by 20%; saved over $100K annually through negotiated vendor contracts, reallocation of resources, and eliminating redundancies.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 2
- Recruited and interviewed over 15 candidates for the Director of Accounting position, resulting in a re-engineered team with an outstanding performance record.
- Increased department revenue by 10% within first year; recognized as a result of outstanding performance by Regional Vice President.
- Received the highest possible score given to a financial examiner on a routine annual examination conducted by governmental regulatory agencies.
- Successfully proposed managing organization’s operating budget from $500 million to $900 million dollars in four years after achieving substantial growth within existing staff.
- Oversaw successful closing of fiscal year audits for five different entities with combined assets totaling nearly 500 million dollars.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 3
- Managed a staff of eight full-time, three part-time employees and 12-15 temporary employees.
- Budgeted company assets, funds, and payroll as well as prepared financial statements for board meetings.
- Developed an account classification system which increased the timeliness of billing from 40 days to less than 10 days.
- Established the first ever non-profit organization in town by securing 501(c)(3) status with the IRS. Set up entity documentation, bylaws, operating procedures, officers’ duties & authority’s matrix, financial recordkeeping systems & accounts payable procedures; hired bookkeeper and accountant maintaining all donor records under Sarbanes Oxley Act compliance guidelines.
- Oversaw the complete renovation of an old historic building. Created new accounts for three non-profit organizations. Streamlined workflow by computerizing the accounting department and implementing a new software program for real estate holdings, accounts payable & receivable, inventory, payroll, HR documentation, fundraising, and donor records.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 4
- Acted as liaison between financial departments, conceptualized and developed annual departmental budgets for state and federal taxation compliance.
- Recognize for winning company award; deemed by firm to be most valuable director of client relations.
- Acted as chief negotiator and administrator for all State and City tax audits within the accountancy department.
- Introduced the implementation of new accounting software into state-wide operations increasing work flow 20% amongst staff; recognized by budget director with letter of appreciation.
- Recognized as a team player by fellow staff members after successfully meeting quotas upon request from managers numerous times throughout past 12 months without complaint or lack thereof in quality.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 5
- Planned, directed and coordinated all accounting activities for an international oil company.
- Introduced the use of spreadsheet applications into daily reconciliations. This enabled the department to meet auditing deadlines while reducing errors by approximated 60%.
- Managed four Federal/State audits simultaneously; developed methodology to provide independent review of financial data prior to presentations.
- Authored technical publication on risk assessment which was favorably received by two Fortune 500 companies.
- Spearheaded the design, development and implementation of SAP system which increased accuracy by 80% while decreasing time spent on general ledger close from 5 days to 1 day.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 6
- Tracked company’s cash position for more than six years while maintaining accurate records and journal entries.
- Oversaw all accounting for the corporation, including accounts receivable and payable, general ledger, taxes, and analysis.
- Administered payroll taxes and implemented new time-keeping procedures; ensured department had accurate records to meet local, state and federal requirements.
- Established effective internal control policies within budgeting process; improved the system by implementing new technology and accounting software.
- Initiated changes in management information reporting process to allow for timely financial data analysis and facilitated regulatory compliance.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 7
- Balanced a $9,000,000/mo. general ledger and reconciled major accounts in a timely manner while meeting all due dates for board of directors reporting packages.
- Oversaw the processing of monthly financial statements while overseeing 300+ employees to ensure that work was completed according to contractual agreements and internal controls were followed.
- Effectively managed the preparation of annual budgets with revenues over $200M including bi-weekly ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Managed team through fiscal year end process from beginning to end while updating accounting systems during transition from mainframe to client server environment.
- Established an effective partnership with internal staff, external auditors, regulators, and other stakeholders resulting in no findings or restatements since 2003.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 8
- Managed up to 4 staff members in accounts payable, receivable, and payroll.
- Introduced online accounting software to streamline workflow between departments; increased productivity by 50%.
- Led the development of internal procedures for general ledger reconciliation, account analysis discrepancies, general journal entries, time sheet approvals, and other accounting-related activities.
- Implemented processes for accounts payable disbursements that resulted in a 56% reduction in days outstanding.
- Supervised the annual audit process including preparation of initial SOWs (Statement Of Work), writing audit protocols to fit scope of engagement, reviewing completed workpapers for accuracy and adequacy, reconcil findings with company’s financial statements before issuance, and updating procedures to address identified weaknesses.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw staff of five accountants and one assistant auditor.
- Led all phases of annual audit for $35 million company, focusing on Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Provided key leadership that resulted in $5 million revenue increase over three years; led all efforts to ensure profitability through the economic downturn.
- Promoted to director level after half-year tenure as manager due to exceptional performance and capabilities.
- Exceeded expectations by completing projects well beyond targeted deadlines and quotas. Recognized by Executive Leadership for exemplary contributions and dedication to the organization’s success and bottom line results.
Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 10
- Oversaw the monthly close process for three business units, which generated over $40 million in revenue.
- Consolidated complex financial data into concise reports that assisted management in making business decisions.
- Identified discrepancies related to cash receipts and accounting transactions, most notably caused by lack of internal controls.
- Implemented new accounting practices that have reduced the number of hours spent on company’s annual gross revenue filings.
- Achieved financial management certification by successfully completing the required coursework and passing an intensive exam.
To become a Director of Accounting, you need at least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field, in addition to years of experience in the field. A Director of Accounting must be good with numbers, must be analytical, must keep current with financial trends, must be adaptable, must have excellent leadership skills, must have excellent communication skills, and must have excellent time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Director Of Accounting Resume Samples
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 1
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 2
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 3
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 4
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 5
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 6
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 7
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 8
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 9
- Director Of Accounting Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up