Computer Specialists provide technical support for companies. Their duties include diagnosing users’ computer problems, walking customers through problem-solving steps, repairing computer equipment, installing hardware or software, developing training materials, and verifying correct system operations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Computer Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Computer Specialist resumes for your reference.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Resolved system errors, data problems, and enhanced workplace productivity by maintaining windows systems and application installations.
- Deployed new software to enhance department efficiency; increased computer accuracy in employee documents.
- Designed school computers for optimal functionality; provided technical support for all day-to-day operations.
- Established the department’s first web page and established a connection with the office of information technology at Princeton University.
- Retained an employee by maintaining her morale and effectively crafting various IT policies; handled multiple end-of-year projects and attended numerous meetings throughout the year.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Troubleshoot and repaired all operating systems within an eight-user network of computers and computer peripherals following a knowledge and approval of network security regulations.
- Implemented new software systems to increase efficiency, reduce production time, and improve communication within work groups.
- Created an online registration database for the entire college; reduced registration time by 25% while ensuring accuracy of data entry.
- Instructed staff members in the operation of new software; interactive lessons improve quarterly instruction quality standards.
- Assisted in the creation of a new e-mail system; addressed problems encountered during the installation process while educating multiple users on its use.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Successfully provided professional technician support and client service assistance to computer users.
- Troubleshooted application issues with end-users, programmers and developers, and IT managers.
- Mentored new staff members on how to maintain quality standards in professional customer service and technical support.
- Forecasted future demand for hardware, software, service technologies and storage hardware requirements to plan for customer needs; participated in budget processes.
- Increased productivity through effective application support programs; maintained a general knowledge of all products and services offered by the company.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Designed, implemented, and maintained a valid and reliable system of internal procedures.
- Analyzed, created, evaluated or modified files and databases by necessary computer programming.
- Obtained the required permissions to perform appropriate functions in an access-controlled environment.
- Used knowledge of the general use of advanced office software packages to develop standard operating procedures for data processing systems to meet departmental needs.
- Implemented an overnight file sharing program which greatly reduced hard disk space requirements for existing files.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Developed new computer software for use by school districts and businesses to improve student success and school climate.
- Trained staff to upgrade computer systems from PCs to laptops.
- Completed a training program in micro-computer repair and became certified in the process.
- Delivered presentations at conferences, qualified as Instructor Trainer with CNT, became Certified Computer Network Technician (CCNT), performed numerous installation projects of networking and related systems, led computer equipment teams, successfully completed an internship with a University system, and began developing new applications for microprocessors.
- Developed new software for state agencies to automate their compliance with federal regulations pertaining to transportation safety programs.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Assisted in the implementation and enhancement of several multi-million dollar computer systems used by data mining, scientific research, and other academic institutions.
- Designed and implemented business intelligence solutions for various financial institutions, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase Manhattan Bank, Citibank.
- Assisted in the automation of loan processing across multiple banking systems with minimal staff.
- Successfully integrated multi-million dollar technology systems using C++ and Java. Created reports and interfaces to include SQL databases.
- Enhanced existing systems by upgrading computers with new hardware components, integrating new software applications; created effective integration plans that satisfied all client requirements.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Enhanced computer capabilities by upgrading software and hardware.
- Redesigned Web pages to conform with new business strategies; increased profitability by $1 million.
- Coordinated and worked with internal departments to maximize corporate efficiency in the use of online data storage.
- Created database to improve quality control; reduced error rate by 15%.
- Negotiated new contract with client to increase business income by an additional $1 million per year.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Provided support, design, and maintenance for a wide variety of information technology systems, including budget planning and database administration.
- Edited online press releases for different projects; created, edited, and managed a digital library.
- Communicated with clients to help them meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Completed computer training for another employee and provided support to the company’s social networking site with user privileges.
- Acted as the Internet liaison between the company’s IT department and all departments within the organization.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Designed and implemented an efficient computer infrastructure for twenty-five heavily used classrooms and an accounting department.
- Defined a set of standardized guidelines for the maintenance of all school computers, file servers, firewalls, and network switches.
- Authorized software licenses for three classes of approximately 180 students each; mastered the use of Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
- Strived to find innovative solutions to common lack-of-user problems such as migrating files between computers, maintaining security settings on shareware/shareable media, securing confidential data on public-accessed media, and setting up mail forwarders between popular Web mail providers.
- Maintained a drive-to-drive file-synchronization between three computer labs, five classrooms, four teacher workstations, and an accounting department.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Designed and implemented computers for a large company’s retail division.
- Collaborated with three other IT professionals to analyze, design, and implement a new computer system for the company.
- Migrated existing software from an older system to a new one.
- Conceived, designed, implemented, and maintained support systems for the local university’s Information Technology maintenance department.
- Supported components of multi-million dollar project during which all systems were upgraded to the latest versions of software and hardware.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Documented, and implemented company-wide technology systems to increase online sales and services.
- Effectively applied technical training to direct the installation, maintenance, and operation of company technology systems.
- Converted electronic filing system from mainframe to client-server network, resulting in increased productivity of up to 40 percent.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of a new order entry system; the redesigned process was 100 percent more accurate than the previous manual-based system, with cost savings of 50 percent.
- Initiated workflow analysis to upgrade accounting software; developed innovative solutions for timely handling of customer orders.
Computer Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Reviewed and updated all computer systems; installed new network devices and software applications.
- Installed and maintained confidential information, including passwords, on numerous clients’ systems.
- Built, configured, and repurposed several servers for client organizations.
- Utilized expertise to troubleshoot problems, design solutions, and implement new projects successfully for over six years.
- Established training programs for network system administration and established job requirements for computer specialist position in company.
To work as a Computer Specialist you must complete a bachelor’s degree or possibly just an associate’s degree. Computer Specialists must demonstrate, ability to listen, having good problem-solving skills, having good communication skills, ability to handle frustrated users, being sympathetic, and having a broad knowledge of computer systems.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.