A Collector contacts customers to get them to pay their past-due bills. Duties include keeping accurate records, explaining the collections process to customers, counseling customers, contacting customers via telephone, being sensitive about a customer’s financial situation, establishing rapport with customers, contacting customers via letters, and explaining payment options.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Collector Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Collector resumes for your reference.
Collector Resume Sample 1
- Assigned a portfolio of 150 delinquent accounts, each with a different financial institution.
- Successfully negotiated a total settlement of $75,000 after creating a new payment arrangement for the debtor.
- Identified and liquidated an amount over $22,000 from loans that were charged off as uncollectable.
- Negotiated to resolve numerous requests from individuals who had been previously assigned as debtors on collection accounts without filing lawsuits against them successfully.
- Systematized credit bureau reporting during reorganization through assignment of new codes and effective monitoring procedures.
Collector Resume Sample 2
- Increased accounts receivable by $50,000 in three months; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Repositioned to a larger role and increased accounts receivable by $150,000 in six months; recognized for outstanding contribution.
- Expanded knowledge base through attendance of professional training seminars including Negotiations Workshop and State & Federal Tax Updates.
- Guided collection efforts to result in collecting over $300,000 in delinquent debt within twelve month period; recognized for excellence with a bonus.
- Received appreciation from customers after working hard to resolve their concerns/problems satisfactorily while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Collector Resume Sample 3
- Identified and resolved problems in the collection process; increased productivity by 25%.
- Reorganized processes to cut filing time in half; decreased backlog from 2 weeks to 1 day.
- Successfully trained new team members to meet department goals.
- Received Award for Outstanding Achievement in Collection Process Improvement; recognized his initiatives, good work ethics, and team leadership.
- Developed a customer service orientation and implemented training program resulting in improved communication with customers and better relations.
Collector Resume Sample 4
- Preserved and defended customers’ credit by carrying out creditability and accurately identifying and researching customer accounts.
- Rewarded for taking daily responsibility for clearing all items from the office floor before leaving work.
- Recognized with a prize on two occasions during peak periods of productivity.
- Lead in creating efficient new system to manage customer’s delinquent account which reduced number of calls from customers within 30 days from 20,000 to less than 900.
- Recipient of Chief Operating Officer’s Award for outstanding performance; responsible for increasing collections by 19%.
Collector Resume Sample 5
- Collected individual payments for Business start-up; negotiated payment plans, processed payments via check and credit card, issued receipts.
- Installed collection software system; maintained high sales volume with team ranging from 6 to 20 collectors.
- Supervised group of 6 collectors; conducted weekly review meetings while promoting ongoing improvement in customer service standards.
- Increase revenue by soliciting new clients through frequent contacts while maintaining quality of outstanding collections services.
- Maintained regular communication between Collector’s Office, Credit Department, Banking Operations, and Collection Department to ensure efficient data exchange procedures.
Collector Resume Sample 6
- Searched, tracked, contacted, and negotiated work with delinquent clients for outstanding debts.
- Constructively persuaded clients to make payment arrangements; effectively followed up on client account status.
- Researched client accounts for accuracy; ensured proper credit reporting of collections.
- Met quota based on revenue generation by increasing number of new accounts met through call campaigns and appointment setting.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; won “Collector of the Year” award for highest amount collected in category during one month period after exceeding previous records established two years prior.
Collector Resume Sample 7
- Maintain and balance work schedule for 10 employees, as well as open and close daily cashier location.
- Ensure all collections are collected within expected time frame; resolve any issues with customer immediately.
- Process over 500 outgoing payments a day, including bills and large-sum deposits, up to $15 million total transaction amount per day.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to customers by providing accurate information in a friendly manner.
- Act as a liaison between different departments within company to ensure smooth workflow of assigned projects from initial planning stages through completion.
Collector Resume Sample 8
- Supported and maintained the highest integrity and performance standards while working with customers and co-workers to ensure prompt payment of accounts receivables.
- Effectively handled crisis situations by applying exceptional interpersonal skills during emergency calls from distressed individuals.
- Received award for outstanding performance in Call Monitoring; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
- Amplified company’s presence within local community organizations by initiating several programs that contributed underwriting funds towards endowments; worked closely with board members on philanthropic projects.
- Selected as lead trainer for Automated Collection System (ACS) implementation; trained employees across five states to successfully operate the ACS system.
Collector Resume Sample 9
- Authored over $12,000 in additional monthly revenue for company through assigned accounts.
- Exceeded daily quota by an average of $700 per day.
- Pioneered new account acquisition by identifying 150+ prospects to the marketing department.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised five new employees after expansion of office services to meet growing demand.
- Received Employee of the Year award; consistently demonstrated superior performance in all areas including quality work output, cost-cutting measures, time management, collaborative effort with coworkers and customers, recurring positive workplace culture building activities.
Collector Resume Sample 10
- Collected over twelve thousand dollars in cash on assigned accounts.
- Processively collected payments on delinquent accounts with effective phone calls, letters, and face-to-face approaches.
- Achieved established goals for assigned work, and resolved any outstanding issues in a timely manner; recognized by manager for integrity and professional ethics.
- Acquired the adherence of customers to contractual agreements, and solved all problems in a friendly, courteous way within management’s guidelines.
- Earned appreciation as “Miss Goodwill” from customers, merchants and subordinates for cheerfulness and friendliness while performing tasks such as collecting money owed or paying out receipts.
Collector Resume Sample 11
- Promptly collected debts totaling $17,350 through bank referrals.
- Administered appropriate actions for accounts of non-paying customers by sending them courtesy letters and balance statements.
- Improved phone techniques in order to enhance collections results by reading scripts that were previously ineffective.
- Artificially increased customer satisfaction rates by initiating new procedures to ensure that all complaints are escalated to the proper departments.
- Identified problem areas regarding agent productivity which created opportunities for process improvement that reduced call time per account by 12%.
A high school diploma is required for this job, plus 1 year of collections experience. To be successful a person must have these skills: confidence, independence, a proven track record, ability to follow directions, good data entry skills, a stable work history, and excellent math and computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.