A Business Intelligence Consultant collects and analyzes data for business to help them improve processes and develop software. Their main duties include gathering data, using BI software, working with the business and technical clients, analyzing data, creating reports, delivering reports to their clients, and recommending improvements.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Business Intelligence Consultant resumes for your reference.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Led a team of four in the implementation of a new business intelligence reporting system; facilitated the development of new formulas, calculations, and reports.
- Achieved award for meritorious service; demonstrated an exemplary level of integrity and professionalism during my tenure with the company.
- Recognized by the manager for outstanding performance and dedication to job responsibilities; received positive remarks from team members and other departments.
- Promoted to higher-level analyst position; performed additional analysis and report preparation duties, increased reporting times from two hours to an average of two minutes per report.
- Earned top performer award for consistently meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations year after year.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Achieved outstanding performance rating for PC installation support; exceeded manager’s goal of 80% customer satisfaction.
- Exceeded team goal for defect resolution by achieving 98% resolution during a two-week period.
- Named “Supporter of the Month” in June 1996 by Computer Help Desk after resolving 50 callers’ problems during a single weekend.
- As an expert user of IBM’s Lotus 123, averaged an 8-hour response time to customers’ inquiries and effectively assisted callers in meeting their project deadlines.
- Received recognition for serving as team leader for the installation of more than 20 personal computers under $25,000 in one month.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Assisted Business Intelligence Administrator with maintaining a high quality of data through enterprise development, production management, and deployment.
- Managed the development lifecycle from initial requirements gathering to functional design and unit testing; effectively improved data modeling practices and helped evolve into a more scalable environment.
- Updated the data warehouse; enabled access to data through improved user interfaces.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Defined a detailed, current, and accurate procedure for conducting the analysis of enterprise data in a timely and efficient manner.
- Created an automated, comprehensive information management system to manage all IT services delivered to business units from the core applications such as Salesforce.com and Microsoft Azure; designed a program for assigning technicians among various business units and streams.
- Managed multiple workstreams by keeping track of deadlines, quality assurance procedures, project scope, and contract compliance within strict timelines.
- Received top Federal award for excellence in work performance; directly translated data into tangible business benefits for the organization; successfully managed multiple facets (in-house resources & outsourced resources).
- Clients have commented on how knowledgeable and responsive I am; consistently demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Contributed to the development of business intelligence and IT strategies that enabled government entities to have timely access to data, particularly reports in an accessible format.
- Analyzed information systems to determine system deficiencies, strengths, and weaknesses; recommended a course of action for continuous improvement; developed a plan of action with action steps and checkpoints.
- Identified deficiencies within the business intelligence infrastructure which included law enforcement records management; developed recommendations for remediation.
- Obtained new position within State government after the completion of my probationary period as a Business Intelligence Consultant (IT).
- Persuaded government officials to improve their data management processes by presenting detailed findings on their current information systems.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Supported the company’s decision-support system with supervisory responsibilities and delivered effective results.
- Supervised co-worker to assist the organization in services to the company. Effectively communicated with our clients while maintaining confidentiality. Submitted and qualified proposals for contract bids.
- Effectively advocated for resources to plan, develop, and stabilize an IT program for a new business as requested by a supervisor(s).
- Expertly wrote technical documentation that was used as a reference by other members of the IT organization.
- Established and actively maintained business relationships with IT system vendors as identified by a supervisor. Identified opportunities for innovation and effectively implemented new technologies.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Reviewed and compiled information regarding business intelligence needs; provided recommendations to senior management regarding the hiring of a new data analyst.
- Transitioned between different departments as required to deliver results in a timely manner; effectively worked in a team environment.
- Kept up with cutting-edge developments, attending trade shows and IT events to stay informed about current trends.
- Collaborated with business stakeholders, ensuring that all goals were achieved.
- Successfully demonstrated leadership skills when problem-solving through working across multiple departments at work.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Performed analysis for planning and troubleshooting purposes; maintained compliance with technical, privacy, and workflow policies; evaluated the performance of all components of an application for the purposes of planning, testing, and determining issues.
- Functioned as a subject matter expert for the education department; provided presentations to customers such as, “Introduction to Business Intelligence” and “Data Warehouse”.
- Wrote correspondence, prepared reports, performed analysis, and maintained records in support of project requirements. policies.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Processed data within the environment in which information was to be retrieved and formatted for views that were to be presented.
- Perform system testing, tuning, and configuration of database systems for clients.
- Collaborated with end-users to determine development needs; assisted with significant database redesigns.
- Performed database maintenance and migration work including support for major database upgrades.
- Developed requirements for database infrastructure to include both hardware and software solutions that were in compliance with client appetite levels.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Developed an in-depth business case study, which considered the implementation of an Enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and its costs and benefits to management.
- Identified a possible security breach in one of the company’s Web sites; presented timely recommendations for creating a safer environment for customers.
- Created a comprehensive process flow diagram that illustrated the activities performed by customers prior to placing orders through e-commerce.
- Implemented a marketing Web site, which featured an integrated calendar to allow event planners to quickly and easily schedule meetings with the company’s field sales force.
- Generated one-page summary reports of the company’s financial results that were used to provide proposed budget evaluations and customer marketing material.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Worked with a team to deliver an innovative solution to an information technology company; conducted data analysis on the study results in order to provide key financial, strategic, and performance metrics.
- Developed a reporting system that provided executives with information on sales and profits in real-time.
- Successfully created and maintained two separate databases without any errors or missing data input.
- Successfully presented the findings of a project to the Executive Management Team in less than 30 minutes.
- Supported multiple projects simultaneously; communicated extensively with peers, business unit leaders, coworkers, upper management, and vendors for resolution issues.
Business Intelligence Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Researched new software development, designed and updated software, and presented solutions to Senior Management.
- Acted as liaison between Software Development and Management staff in identifying opportunities for improved systems processes; increased efficiency while decreasing cycle time by 90%.
- Developed algorithm to streamline operations at Information Technology department; identified process improvement opportunities and reduced processing cost by 45%.
- Revised system design specifications; decreased the number of programming steps from 60 to 20. Increased system efficiency by 40%.
- Designed project management methodology; implemented peer review system for project delivery. Documented all projects in an online knowledge base for easy access of information.
To become a Business Intelligence Consultant a degree in computer science or similar field is required. A Business Intelligence Consultant should posses the following skills: teamwork, communication, math abilities, reporting, statistics, computer literate, attention to detail, organization, documentation, and analysis.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.