A building maintenance technician provides maintenance and repairs for buildings. A building maintenance technician’s duties include carpentry, pest control, painting, general repair, landscaping, and maintenance of HVAC.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Building Maintenance Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Building Maintenance Technician resumes for your reference.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 1
- Maintained over 3,000 units at 4 different properties. Installed smoke alarms in vacant units to prevent loss of life and property resulting from the absence of smoke detectors.
- Completed bi-annual inspections on all common area floors, parking lots, grounds keeping equipment, roofs, and screens by the deadline.
- Reduced water use by 40% through identification of defective irrigation heads and installation of automatic shut-off valves for guest rooms with wasteful usage patterns.
- Trimmed trees around buildings, removed debris from gutters, made minor repairs to exterior areas around building foundations, doors windows and frames; re-painted curbs where needed.
- Collaborated with landscapers to identify areas needing repavement or reseeding. Coordinated start and completion times for each landscaping project; completing projects on time and under budget.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 2
- Maintained a full staff of 20 tradesmen who completed over 100 projects a year.
- Implemented safety procedures to reduce accidents and property damage rates by 50%.
- Initiated new purchasing program that reduced consumption of office supplies by up to 40% which increased operational efficiency.
- Promoted from Maintenance Technician after receiving highest quality performance rating for maintaining 200 rooms, 4 lounges, and 16 corridors on an active military base.
- In charge of executing small building improvement works consisting of drywall repairs, painting, ventilation system upkeep, and re-grouting tile during hotel renovation process.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 3
- Met tenants’ needs during a power outage by installing a generator and extending the time between maintenance checks.
- Provided technical support for telephone services in order to ensure that the building had uninterrupted access to phones, cabling, and data lines.
- Diagnosed faulty automatic sprinkler system requiring repairs; developed plans for corrective actions.
- Determined cause of water damage from leaking roof’s skylights; obtained necessary parts from warehouse on short notice to complete maintenance tasks expediently down the road.
- Achieved award for completing work above and beyond the call of duty while repairing fire extinguisher system.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 4
- Maintained and repaired all building components throughout campus to support daily operations and promote a safe living and learning environment.
- Identified and responded to problems with the heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) system; advocated for replacement of cooling tower fan motors, air handler motors, HVAC controls/units.
- Performed preventative maintenance on exterior lighting systems; replaced defective ballast tubes in T-8 lamps.
- Resolved tray line issues within the dish room by replacing multiple faulty pumps in three days.
- Completed rewiring tasks without incident during Hurricane Ike while maintaining an active presence throughout the storm to ensure safety of fellow staff members and students.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 5
- Maintained amenities for a 38-story luxury hotel that included the pool, sauna, and gym.
- Repaired building air conditioning units, furnaces, heaters, plumbing, hydraulic systems. Installed new carpeting in office areas.
- Removed burned out light bulbs from hallways within one week of being called to task by the Manager.
- Earned appreciation as an outstanding craftsman who completed numerous jobs on time without interruption.
- Managed multiple priorities daily with maximum efficiency resulting in successful job completion choices despite setbacks experienced due to physical conditions or situations beyond my control.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 6
- Installed, inspected, and maintained fire sprinkler systems for commercial buildings.
- Documented energy consumption of buildings over a time period to track trends and measure performance.
- Repaired malfunctions in heating system controls; reduced downtime by substituting parts from inventory instead of waiting on vendors.
- Executed preventive maintenance tasks such as changing filters, lubricating parts, and filing paperwork regarding procedures adhered to during inspection cycles.
- Troubleshooting completed quickly with adherence to protocols that met property requirements including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations within the United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 7
- Ensure that all building systems operate correctly while keeping employees, tenants, and visitors safe.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule with team members to ensure efficient service of multiple buildings in the complex.
- Responded quickly to every resident’s needs or requests for repairs, replacement parts or other services.
- Built rapport with residents by conversing continually regarding their needs and concerns regarding the operation of their apartment units.
- Provided leadership by supervising junior repair technicians; managed repair technician staff to preserve integrity of company image.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 8
- Ensure building and site security, and safety of grounds and staff.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in assigned work areas by responding to requests by the public and following directions from authority figure.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on assigned equipment such as pool filter equipment.
- Repair electrical appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, ranges, microwaves ovens, washing machines, dryers among others.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests visiting the rec center; received commendation letter from supervisor for outstanding performance in opening/closing procedures related to repair projects.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 9
- Assigned lead on new construction projects while supervising assigned team of building maintenance technicians for three years.
- Maintained HVAC, electrical, plumbing equipment in over 250 units throughout the community; recognized by apartment managers for excellence in service.
- Improved the profitability of assigned properties by reducing operating expenses through energy conservation measures and price negotiations with vendors.
- Eliminated costly system failures through preventative maintenance techniques resulting in improved life cycle performance of property assets.
- Innovated cost effective waste management program that reduced trash disposal costs by $10,000 annually; recognized by regional superiors for exceptional leadership initiative.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 10
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, heating, and cooling equipment.
- Keep buildings well-insulated to ensure heat retention in winter and coolness during summer months; especially important for non-air conditioned buildings.
- Complete all maintenance tasks as requested by superiors.
- Promote safety as a primary concern on the job site; always wear mandated PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Establish superior rapport with customers, both commercial and residential; often asked to complete additional work outside of normal responsibilities.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 11
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise a team of contractors to complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Conduct on-site inspections regarding actual repairs performed on properties; work with tenants regarding repair issues.
- Manage inventory of parts for on-site property repairs; direct scheduling staff to fulfill requests on time.
- Support on-call emergency calls within ten minutes; assure safety protocols are followed while addressing potential hazards in an efficient manner.
- Keep track of maintenance equipment including trucks, tractors, forklifts, and other vehicles so the company can maximize the upkeep of their property portfolio.
Building Maintenance Technician Resume Sample 12
- Excelled in janitorial services, completing all tasks on both weekly and monthly schedules with minimal supervision.
- Improved building security by rekeying locks of office doors for new employees.
- Elevated property values after implementing proactive pest control procedures to prevent damage from infestation.
- Upgraded facility accessibility by updating signage throughout the campus, including room numbers on exterior of classrooms.
- Earned praise from management team after undertaking three-month project to create a master equipment maintenance schedule for more efficient maintenance staff workflows.
To become a building maintenance technician, a high school diploma is typically required, or prior experience in maintenance work. A building maintenance technician must be willing to work in inclement weather, must be able to work with hands, must have great stamina, must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent time management skills, and must be knowledgeable about general repair and maintenance.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.