These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Biochemistry resumes for your reference.
- Developed and formulated an automated, high throughput, in-vitro Zika Virus Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) immunoassay to combat the current public health crisis.
- Assessed various antigens, magnetic particles, fluorescent markers, and protein-based buffer formulations for sequestration and detection of human Zika Virus NS1 antibodies.
- Supported research leading to an $8.9 million grant by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) for further development of a Zika Virus IgM immunoassay for the FDA’s 510(k) submission process.
- Isolated human PBMC (peripheral blood mononuclear cell) from Ampligen patients and evaluated natural killer cells cytotoxicity and degranulation using flow cytometry and ELISA assays.
- Trained in cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) documentation and regulations and GLP compliance of the laboratory.
- Maintained general laboratory inspection for QC and R&D departments.
- Readily transitioned between projects and platforms at various development stages, rapidly becoming accustomed with new systems and procedures while effectively working with new team members.
- Assisted the Technical Lead with generating DOE’s for feasibility studies.
- Provided regular out-briefs to management and implemented feedback into future design of experiments.
- Experience with patient sample (serum and plasma) preparation and handling, reagent and buffer preparation and testing on clinical instrumentation.
- Analysis of resultant data using standard statistical techniques to meet or optimize current assay specifications.
- Experience conducting root cause analysis in collaboration with manufacturing for failure to meet assay design specifications using DOE methodology.
- Experience with writing project reports for submission at the end of pre-feasibility, feasibility, verification, and validation phases of assay development.
- Oversee the maintenance and functionality of immunoassay systems, specifically the ADVIA Centaur and ADVIA CP, in the Immunochemistry Department.
- One of only three operators within the Validation Group of the Department with operating access of systems to complete projects.
- Scope of responsibility extends to validating immunoassay systems that are used to test for various medical conditions such as infectious diseases (hepatitis B), fertility, thyroid problems (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone), STDs, allergies (IgE antibody) and cardiovascular problems.
- Led technical efforts to develop in-vitro diagnostic assays on automated instruments including assay design, reagent formulation and assay parameter development.
- Conduct design verification/validation studies according to quality procedures and prepared data summaries for regulatory submissions to the regulatory agencies such as FDA and CFDA.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary R&D team in the development of new automated instrumentation.
- Work closely with Assay Development group and performed variety of laboratory procedures using automated analyzer system.
- Analyze results and data using Datajak software and other electronic software’s.
- Responsible for maintaining the automated system and troubleshoot problems that may occur.
- Supported immunoassay development, analysis, verification studies, method comparison and stability studies.
- Responsible for assay development/validation for performance evaluation of evacuated blood collection tubes.
- Assessment of pre-analytical quality of human serum and plasma to develop understanding of product performances.
- Assisted in assessing technology feasibility and material specification for new product development with a focus on Vacutainer brand blood collection devices.
- Performed research in areas of functional cell analysis such as cell growth, metabolic activity, and cell signaling.
- Designed and conducted experiments on automated instruments for analysis of assay performance, assay robustness, and stability to create better Immunoassays for the market.
- Analyzed and summarized data to create final reports of the performed studies.
- Conducted Commercial Product Support experiments to find a new Antibody for coating beads with and a new reagent to be used in the Immunoassay.
- Microbial inoculations for the development and maintenance of axenic cultures.
- Media preparations for microbial growth and cultured pure colonies through serial transfers.
- Conducted and monitored shake flask experiments, followed by continuous assay techniques for spectroscopic analysis of enzymes.
- Established protocol for quality control of biological products such as endotoxin testing.
- Optimized the protocol of neuronal medium to promote the growth of normal human neurons in vitro.
- Performed basic techniques to make products including RNA/DNA isolation, cDNA synthesis, carried out ELISA to test protein product’s performance.
- Trained a new Research Assistant in GLP and various bench skills, such as operating pH meter and aseptic techniques.
- Processed B-Elispot and T-Elispot Assays and analysis using Rhesus, mice, and rat test subjects.
- Designed and executed ELISA experiments working with both human and mouse IgG in a variety of sandwich assays.
- Carried out RNA extraction of human B Cells, antibody amplification using RT and TaqMan PCR, and analyzed cloning efficiency and via agar gels and electrophoresis.
- Performed Ligation independent Cloning Experiments, and Blunt end cloning experiments, plating colonies to be sent off for sequencing.