Laboratory Technicians (Lab Tech) performs various technical and administrative tasks at a clinical laboratory or medical facility. Their duties include ensuring that all safety guidelines are followed, maintaining equipment, receiving, labeling and analyzing samples, designing and executing laboratory testing, assisting in ordering laboratory supplies, and Record all data and results.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Lab Tech Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Lab Tech resumes for your reference.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 1
- Developed and implemented effective solutions to optimize laboratory equipment and optimize efficient use of laboratory space.
- Effectively integrated manufacturing and maintenance by installing, maintaining, and repairing manufacturing equipment.
- Set up an expertly maintained inventory system for spare parts.
- Managed a start-up team of three technicians and two warehouse personnel to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Supervised over $250,000 in inventory, advanced calibration testing procedures to ensure adequate test runs for each task performed.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 2
- Recognized as “Best Employee” annually for consistently exceeding our expectations and driving efficiency and productivity.
- Attained certification as a Certified Welder and Fabricator (CWP) and registered as a Journeyman Electrician (JWE).
- Reorganized the production line; scheduled, scheduled, scheduled…all while concurrently repairing various high-end equipment at an aerospace facility.
- Completed over 1000 hours of overtime building the largest air conditioning unit (45’x20′) in approximately two years at a facility in Southeastern Louisiana.
- Attained pre-employment training to become an ASCP Certified Security Guard – CISM – ISO 9001 – 2008.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 3
- Delivered high service level to build, repair, maintain, and tear down equipment used in the physical therapy rehabilitation process.
- Responsible for performing maintenance work within the facility in order to ensure that all equipment is in prime working condition.
- Served as a technical instructor to train new technicians on how to perform tricky maintenance tasks.
- Adhered to strict safety requirements; received numerous safety awards for exemplary safety record.
- Maintained top technician ratings through consistent, high-quality work; earned superior technician award at the annual ceremony.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 4
- Observed proper safety procedures when handling hazardous chemicals. Recognized as a most productive member of the team throughout my tenure.
- Improved department’s earnings with productivity, by 35%, during the year of my employment; resulting in an increase of over $30,000 in revenue.
- Discovered numerous cost-saving ideas to benefit management; implemented various suggestions to improve work environment and conditions.
- Brought innovative marketing plan to department’s attention resulting in consistent increase in customers’ satisfaction with services performed.
- Attained recognition for outstanding performance; continued improvement on knowledge of products and services throughout my tenure by completing training programs provided by management.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 5
- Optimized production equipment to increase efficiency and decrease downtime.
- Extracted a six-inch screw out of a wall with a power drill.
- Installed a new electrical box into a tight space where the hole was no larger than three inches in diameter.
- Removed and replaced water from an air conditioning unit using long nose pliers.
- Soldered together an expensive piece of electrical equipment, following the instructions of an electronic manual, by hand.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 6
- Designed and constructed a computerized data acquisition system from standard hardware and software components.
- Installed, upgraded, and maintained computer network systems to support multiple users in a professional environment.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring discrepancies within the walls of various buildings to determine the cause of the malfunction.
- Trained clients in the use of advanced network infrastructure hardware and software to support company needs.
- Created a computerized program which monitors temperature, pressure, humidity, and motion within a building environment.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 7
- Performed over 700 jobs for over 300 clients from the best to the worst clients.
- Evaluated and repaired broken or defective items without authorization from other technicians.
- Properly maintained and corrected malfunctions in medical equipment, while maintaining a low accident rate.
- Received excellent performance awards for safe and effective maintenance; established a new standard for workmanship in the lab.
- Organized and completed all preventive maintenance tasks on all equipment, while maintaining a zero accident rate.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 8
- Received commendation from facility owner for excellent workmanship in the handling, loading, and unloading of laboratory equipment from the back of a pickup.
- Performed a variety of jobs with high accuracy, integrity, and timely performance. Was valued for the ability to learn new procedures quickly while maintaining high standards of quality while working in a tight timeframe.
- Maintained accurate records while tallying production by logging time and materials used. Also performed many other maintenance chores on equipment at the facility, including oil changes on forklifts, soot blowing machines, and vacuums.
- Trained and coached two new team members in how to work the Oil, Grease, and Rust (OGR) Vapors Unit.
- Researched tools, materials, and equipment for maintenance of the OGR.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 9
- Reduced material costs through organizing and reorganizing maintenance facility tools.
- Redesigned the safety layout of the maintenance shop to increase safety for employees.
- Cooperatively implemented a new safety policy that resulted in a reduction of work-related accidents over a six-month period.
- Maintained a clean, healthy, and safe environment within the maintenance facility by keeping it organized and free from clutter.
- Developed a training program for new employees in order to transfer knowledge of technical skills to six new employees who were hired during the previous twelve months.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 10
- Achieved supervisory level, empowered to make decisions regarding budgets, purchases, technical situations, and projects.
- Managed projects related to new systems installation and networking of 97 personal computers at four locations.
- Initiated innovative procedures used by team members to repair non-functional PC boards that the manufacturer could not repair in a timely manner.
- Coordinated new Quality Control measures with Engineering departments.
- Involved in troubleshooting high-use printers on an everyday basis by following the manufacturer’s guidelines for quality assurance issues.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 11
- Demonstrated and taught record keeping and inventory control for maintenance and repair supplies.
- Led a team of five to maximize production through teamwork; engineered new processes to facilitate a forty-five percent increase in productivity.
- Trained; assisted; and instructed subordinates, technicians, and supervisors in total job performance responsibilities.
- Scheduled, coordinated, and maintained heavy equipment for efficient operational flow.
- Delivered workshops regarding safety procedures regarding power tools, machinery, electrical applications, and hydraulic lines.
Lab Tech Resume Sample 12
- Troubleshoot and repair various pieces of equipment/appliances that were used by the main security force, as well as by the R&D department.
- Recognized as a valued member of the team due to excellent job performance and eagerness to learn from others.
- Able to explain technical issues to both lab staff, and loyal customers from all backgrounds. Relocated from one facility for a higher paying position with a different company.
- Respected for expertise on certain issues/problems, outspoken on others, yet able to handle any problem that arises during his shift.
- Born and raised in Puerto Rico, where interests were engrossed by the company. Gained appreciation for different cultures, befriended many co-workers and made a full transition from his native tongue to English.
To work as a Lab Tech you must have a bachelor’s degree in clinical or medical lab technician, obtaining Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) Certification licensing might be required depending on states. Laboratory Technicians must show independence, time management, meticulous, attention to detail, teamwork, analytical, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.