Corporate Accountants take care of an organization’s accounts and financial records. Their duties include overseeing the corporation’s finances and budget, as well as preparing reports, supporting business decisions, analyzing data, and enforcing accounting procedures and regulations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Corporate Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Corporate Accountant resumes for your reference.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Hired and developed the accounting and finance team for a new startup.
- Established and implemented monthly closing processes; increased efficiency, minimized errors, and ensured accuracy of financial statements while meeting deadlines.
- Acquired extensive experience in all phases of accounting, from generating journal entries to performing month-end close process audits.
- Led total tax compliance through research, interpretation, and filing of 39 different federal, state, local tax returns.
- Took responsibility for daily accounting operations during management’s temporary absence from the office.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Prepared data for monthly reporting, regulatory filing and external audit.
- Wrote journal entries to account for the acquisition of an affiliate with a creative treatment of intercompany loans.
- Aided in the design and implementation of a new general ledger system as well as the reorganization of several accounting processes.
- Crafted complex tax strategies to generate over $100M in cash from expiring capital gains tax attributes generated by a spinoff transaction by partnering closely with finance colleagues and external legal counsel.
- Authored a methodical, thorough approach to analyzing credit risk that drove key decisions at lending committee meetings resulting in best-in-class portfolio performance.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Reconciled data of five Regionals, eight state organizations, and over 100 grant expenses.
- Supervised the preparation of multi-state income tax forms for 72 client organizations.
- Consistently performed quarterly tests with over two million dollars in accounts receivables on time.
- Reduced travel costs by 50% through process improvement project which yielded a six figure return on investment.
- Saved regional organization $600,000 in combined taxes through investment property structuring project.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Identified and implemented new procedures and calculations for corporate accounting systems.
- Tracked complex accounts receivable reconciliations to ensure vendor invoice accuracy.
- Assisted in preparing a monthly report of the financial results from the subsidiaries, as well as consolidated balance sheets, cash flow statements, and income statements.
- Provided senior management with weekly updates on the status of accounting projects, including preparation for audits by outside accountants.
- Set up a new subsidiary’s accounting system; monitored daily sales transactions and resolved discrepancies between bank deposits and subsidiary records.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Resolved client issues through consultation, analysis, and application of the most appropriate accounting principle.
- Assisted clients in preparing financial statements for consolidations; earned A+ rating on all projects completed during internship.
- Reconciled trial balance errors by identifying problem areas associated with sales refunds, invoicing mistakes, and service charge miscalculations.
- Increased efficiency by developing process improvements that reduced cycle time for PO verification and bank reconciliations.
- Redesigned current manual reports into automated system to increase efficiency of monthly audits; designed new report to identify trends in quarterly tax liability reserves.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Increased tax refunds by $25,000 per quarter (annualized) through automated tax refund routing system.
- Achieved monthly goal in two weeks; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance after processing 3 times prior quota within 6 months.
- Decreased days receivables outstanding (DCO) from 45 to 21 days (annualized).
- Managed accounts payable department budget of $150,000 with no overages during month.
- Provided timely financial reporting and analysis to subordinates by producing weekly cash position reports, daily journal entries, spreadsheets, data entry of debits and credits in general ledger per group headings.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Analyzed account sheets, distribution reports and actual inventory counts to identify discrepancies.
- Pioneered a system to monitor the necessary information for all bank accounts as well as those held by the company as a whole.
- Implemented a centralized database containing complete set of financial records with real-time access from any location in the company.
- Received recognition from executives after quickly resolving an error that had been overlooked by several experienced employees.
- Assisted in analyzing complex international tax guidelines for worldwide subsidiaries by providing thorough analysis into current state and future projections based on previous conditions.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Analysed construction company’s monthly accounts payable to identify delinquent payables.
- Reduced office processing time by 60 percent through streamlining invoice, cheque, and timesheet workflows.
- Named Assistant of the Month for consistently receiving positive feedback from team members on professional conduct and interaction with customers.
- Achieved award for successfully resolving customer billing issues in less than 48 hours without escalation or additional cost to the firm.
- Recognized as one of three employees who improved daily workflow most substantially over 12-month period; year-over-year increase of 6 percent in efficiency resulted in an annual expense savings exceeding $75,000 USD.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in preparation of $20M+ Balance Sheet due to year-end merger.
- Resolved $12,000 discrepancy with bank reconciliations by determining that check was not properly deposited.
- Reconciled accounts receivable for five subsidiaries to reveal a balance of only $0.45.
- Managed payroll processing for one Fortune 50 client; reduced errors on monthly 941 report from 8% to 0.5%.
- Identified and corrected missing transactions while conducting research of financial statements, saving company over $7 million in interest charges while maintaining 100% accountability over the A/R ledger process.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Calculated the financial effects of closing times for business clients.
- Established procedures and reduced costs by consolidating billing systems for inventory transactions among multiple retail stores.
- Provided guidance to other staff members through ad hoc requests; reorganized files, cross-indexed work papers, and scheduled due dates for projects.
- Improved accuracy in tax returns by developing effective strategies that reduced client compliance costs while maximizing client service levels.
- Helped minimize downside risk to bank’s earnings through audit services on off-balance sheet loans; recommended solutions which guided banks’ credit department towards mitigating potential future impairment charges.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Monitored 450 thousand dollar corporate account for accuracy and prepared 4 Z-Reports.
- Showed why client must pay more by analyzing balance sheet; negotiated favorable terms resulting in additional $8,500 per month.
- Introduced new policy permitting employees to check their on-line accounts on company computers; resulted in increased revenue by 15%.
- Streamlined departmental procedures, generating annual savings of $25,000 through reduced errors.
- Identified new software that saved company $30,500 annually; recognized with employee achievement award.
Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Implemented SAP to generate reports, track inventory levels, and calculate true costs for financial reporting.
- Updated Excel budget models for multiple international subsidiaries with data from the US GAAP system.
- Wrote a custom software program that automated a manual process of entering daily transactions into QuickBooks which saved employees over 20 hours per week. Recognized by the Vice President for my initiative.
- Expertly resolved month-end close discrepancies in payroll transactions between the US GAAP system and bookkeeping systems, saving several hours of manual research.
- Achieved 6% reduction in accounts receivable during 6 months using strong analytical skills to identify potential sources of credit risk based on customer accounts aging.
To work as one, education requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance for entry-level roles, and an MBA with an accountancy concentration for higher positions. Corporate Accountants must demonstrate knowledge of accounting regulations, have experience in risk analysis and forecasting, know how to operate MS Office (especially Excel) and finance software, and they must also be analytical, problem-solvers, team players, and have integrity.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Corporate Accountant Resume Samples
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Corporate Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up