A billing representative manage the billing process and perform administrative tasks. A billing representative’s responsibilities include billing invoices, receiving payments, keeping financial records current, responding to client inquiries, answering phones, and coordinating with managerial staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Billing Representative Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Billing Representative resumes for your reference.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 1
- Handled incoming and outgoing calls professionally, using proper telephone etiquette; recorded information accurately in an efficient manner.
- Provided positive customer service by responding to customer questions and requests; made appropriate referrals and provided additional assistance.
- Handled multiple projects simultaneously while keeping abreast of changes or updates to company-wide procedures.
- Recognized as a Quality Control Supervisor, effective at detecting and resolving issues that may result in a negative impact to the company or its customers.
- Received Outstanding Employee Award for exhibiting professionalism and dedication on the job every day.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 2
- Recognized as a Microsoft and Lotus Certified Accredited Provider; effectively utilized Microsoft Office software to enhance organizational productivity.
- Recognized for providing exceptional service by company management on a daily basis; complimented for quality of work and professionalism.
- Received outstanding customer service award from company management for exceeding customer service expectations; received bonus pay at the end of the year in recognition of this award.
- Awarded three excellence awards during the year, including a peer commendation as well as an employee-wide award which was presented to me by the President of Fidelity National Title.
- Recognized by company management for the highest customer satisfaction score on a customer survey; received annual cash award from President, who acknowledged my efforts to achieve this goal.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 3
- Completed all required training courses to qualify as a billing specialist; consistently documented complete and accurate billing records.
- Demonstrated ability to work around various demanding deadlines, while maintaining an excellent reputation with both employees and customers.
- Accurately noted the number of hours worked on an hourly basis by classifying time out at job sites.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills; received outstanding evaluation rating on performance efficiency report card.
- Satisfactory rating on personal hygiene exam with regard to appearance, hygiene, and social behavior.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 4
- Performed added duties such as maintaining all databases, ordering supplies, and completing time sheets.
- Received training from Certified Billing Specialists on ‘Return-Oriented Accounts’ for which they can expect to receive a 30% bonus; effectively resolved customer concerns regarding errors in billing and tax credits.
- Collected proof of payment before issuing refund checks to customers.
- Achieved award of outstanding quality; trained over 50 new employees on computer programs to process loans and calculate loan fees and interest properly.
- Received outstanding quality award as a “highly productive” billing assistant.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 5
- Achieved acknowledgment as an administrative team member; maintained support of management by assisting with the opening of new branch locations.
- Secured account status in accordance with the company’s confidentiality code of ethics; trained employees in all imaging system and reference archival tagging procedures.
- Achieved recognition as a team member, who consistently exceeds expectations; trained new employees on a variety of computer software programs and continued to research new technology to streamline business processes.
- Maintained first-rate document retention policy; searched archives for older accounts, which resulted in uncovering credit discrepancies and prompting investigation by regulatory agencies.
- Achieved recognition as a team member for outstanding performance; volunteered for additional training to ensure continued knowledge of computer software, including an on-the-job training program called “The Classroom”.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 6
- Received outstanding performance award for meeting client delivery goals; effectively coordinated with two sales representatives and two billing clerks for charges, payments, and payments reconciliation.
- Certified as internal control expert based on the company’s audit of its financial records.
- Achieved recognition as the billing representative of the month; met escalated sales goals and exceeded billing expectations.
- Received outstanding achievement award; qualified as a certified medical transcriptionist; completed a two-week internship at an outside source with 100% accuracy and received an 80% on a comprehensive exam.
- Receiving outstanding achievement award for meeting customer service guidelines; met and resolved clients’ needs while maintaining client confidentiality.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 7
- Maintained strong customer relations with co-workers, supervisors, and clients; participated in management team meetings weekly and acted as a liaison between the company and clients.
- Fielded questions from clients regarding employment benefits; provided information to clients regarding benefits.
- Maintained accurate, up-to-date files to support company’s payroll and benefit packages.
- Managed all personnel actions in a timely and efficient manner, including hiring, termination, and recruitment.
- Maintained fiscal and administrative controls over company’s payroll and benefit packages.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for meeting billing deadlines while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Recognized by the State Superintendent of Schools as an outstanding employee who consistently goes beyond the call of duty.
- Met all deadline requirements for compiling transcripts and issuing diplomas.
- Awarded for achieving a 99% score on the billing accuracy test; ranked in top 5%.
- Nominated by peers and supervisors as an outstanding employee; consistently went beyond the call of duty to achieve company goals.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 9
- Reimbursed vendors for services performed.
- Maintained accurate billing notes; accurately documented trips and mileage.
- Responded to customer inquiries in a timely manner; answered questions regarding delivery of their products or service.
- Collected valid payment and communicated with vendor when no payment was received.
- Completed all requisitions promptly according to policies and procedures, ensuring that documents were submitted on time.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 10
- Receiving awards for excellence, received recognition as a top customer service agent.
- Executed billing processes by researching prior bills, retrieving payment records and applying these actions to the current bill.
- Proactively recognized need for a change in the billing system’s coding format; improved billing performance by 50 percent.
- Achieved exceptional performance award for being in the top 20% of all Billing Representatives for proactive follow-through with customers.
- Received recognition as an outstanding customer service agent; effectively researched and resolved customers’ questions, concerns and problems.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 11
- Managed billing operations for two hotel chains; remained aware of current collections, expense management, and report generation.
- Acted as an effective coordinator; provided superior customer service to the executive staff and customers alike.
- Successfully supervised the administration of a health maintenance organization; acted as a counselor while ensuring the company continued to meet its financial obligations.
- Operated in accordance with FHA guidelines while acting as a primary liaison between customers and skilled nursing facilities.
- Achieved an award for outstanding presentation skills; effectively presented reports to management.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 12
- Provided customers with telephone and written responses to their questions, concerns, and complaints.
- Compiled data into reports for senior managers; reviewed errors in billings and collections.
- Recognized by superiors for exceptional performance regarding customer service; worked with other departments to resolve customer issues.
- Achieved award for excellent cost savings through initiative including streamlining billing systems.
- Received award as a top performer; personally improved the productivity of at least three other employees through outstanding customer service, accuracy and direction during times of high stress.
Billing Representative Resume Sample 13
- Researched customer’s requirements in order to efficiently communicate information related to their account records with fax messages and e-mails.
- Achieved award for excellent quality score; effectively organized accounts, compared customers with similar qualifications to determine appropriate loan types, and fielded phone calls from borrowers.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively attended mandatory training seminars regarding changes in the public assistance program.
To become a billing representative, a high school diploma is required. A billing representative must have excellent math skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be detail-oriented, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent time management skills, and must have excellent organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.