Assistant Art Directors is an entry-level employee who helps the art director with art designs to complete projects. Their duties include handling all work in every step of the process in pre-production, solving problems, reviewing designs, correcting design layout presentation, keeping documents updated, staffing, artist, art director.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Art Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Art Director resumes for your reference.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 1
- Supervised, trained 7 staff members to successfully complete assigned tasks within budget and time constraints.
- Established a detailed system for maintaining files that improved the paperwork turnover rate by 25%.
- Researched new methods for creating ad layouts, printing processes, and other requirements related to the company’s clients’ needs.
- Participated in the designing of an award-winning book cover for “Dropped Stitches” by Mary Gravitt Moore.
- Drafted sample ad design concepts with numerous different scenarios which resulted in successful sales incentives for books published by the publisher.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 2
- Painted a large mural to brighten up the mood of patients’ visiting the clinic associated with the University Health System.
- With the team, designed and constructed a full-size mobile concession stand for promotional use. Recognized at the company’s end-of-season party for winning project completion award.
- Used Adobe Illustrator CS5 software to create an original illustration that was used on package design in cooperation with the marketing department. Awarded $100 gift card by the art director for outstanding contribution in package design team meeting.
- Developed sketches and finalized layout designs for three different children’s books after scanning through text written in Microsoft Word to find necessary images within documents; received praise from publishing house regarding attention to detail and creativity.
- Conceptualized a new logo design for a local business, “Aztec T’s & Screen Printing,” that was used on apparel items to promote business.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 3
- Developed promotional material for the annual company meeting.
- Illustrated and hand-lettered selected copy to create original designs with strong attention to typography, color, and lighting.
- Collaborated with Creative Director to design an award-winning project for a major client that was recognized in the national industry publication.
- Created mood board and style guide before developing sketches of logo mark with a computer rendering.
- Provided creative direction and art-directed photo shoot of the product line within tight deadline parameters; final images were used across all print/online media platforms resulting in record sales month.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 4
- Collaborated with art director and staff to oversee layout of print ads, posters, direct mailers, billboards, websites, and more.
- Managed the creation of multiple monthly catalogs under deadline pressure.
- Directed a talented staff in delivering high-quality publications on time while staying on budget.
- Ensured that all graphic design projects were completed on schedule from rough sketches to finished product; conducted meetings around the country with local designers to discuss new projects.
- Initiated graphics library for easy access to assets by all departments throughout the company; created custom shapes in Illustrator CS6 (Vector) for a logo design for exclusive use.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 5
- Designed layouts for advertising, magazines, and newspapers; created original artwork/graphics to enhance the marketing message.
- Art-directed photo shoots wrapping around seasonal collections across all divisions of four major brands.
- Managed the design, development, and implementation of entire print-based projects (i.e., brochures) from conception to completion including timeline management.
- Authored book cover designs that were shared with international publishers for pre-release promotions in support of maximizing post-launch success rates.
- Orchestrated conceptualization and deployment of collateral materials supporting brand launches at trade shows while leveraging limited budgets.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 6
- Demonstrated proficient skills in Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Produced award-winning work for promotional campaigns; awarded by the Art Directors’ Club of Metropolitan New York for excellence in art direction.
- Managed public relations duties including handling email, scheduling interviews with media outlets, organizing social media posts and advertising events.
- Utilized highly developed time management skills to meet tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy during post-production workflow.
- Enhanced the company’s reputation among clients by skillfully creating works that matched their distinct personalities and tone.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 7
- Managed and taught all aspects of visual design to a 5-person team in a small marketing firm.
- Represented the company in meetings with corporate clients, designing information presentations.
- Achieved a high position in a one-year program designed for college interns; recognized for excellence in graphic design and illustration, professionalism, timeliness, and interpersonal skills.
- Promoted from Intern to Account Executive after achieving top sales standing among 14 other marketing trainees by implementing self-initiated sales strategies.
- Demonstrated exceptional stamina during 11-hour road trip creating digital art throughout the night to be used as input for next business day magazine layout.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 8
- Provided marketing suggestions for numerous print ads and advertising programs.
- Designed, illustrated, and revised over 40 catalogs including cover art, product blockout, photography layout/editing, wireframe construction, typography selection, logo creation.
- Initiated social media campaign of Twitter messaging promoting specific products from a new line of spring wear resulting in an increase in sales.
- Resolved style guide discrepancies by providing market research on current fashion trends.
- Edited existing artwork to meet the high standards of a brand-name corporation; earned a significant promotion as a result of accomplishments during three years with the company.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 9
- Gained professional work experience in various industries requiring strong visual presentation including retail, entertainment, and event coordination.
- Elevated awareness of the American Culture while living in Japan for six months; gained exposure to collaboration during the creation of a Japanese-English bilingual cookbook.
- Contributed artistic flair through conceptualization, design, and project management on print material for holiday events at major department stores nationwide.
- Collaborated with team members to transform basic designs into high-quality graphics that exceeded client expectations (NYX Cosmetics).
- Rejuvenated interest in life after drawing comic strips for my niece; still continue sharing art by teaching Intro to Digital Media college.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 10
- Effectively managed production schedules of three artists; developed daily work schedule.
- Aided in the coordination and design of print ads.
- Created new pencil-rendered advertisements for networks, magazines, fashion shows, and concerts to promote special events.
- Designed an exterior mountain scene mural on drywall for a fitness facility; recognized by the regional manager for creativity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Fully prepared costumes for outdoor theater marketing promotion in Philadelphia’s Love Park area; responsible for all aspects from renting to hanging.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 11
- Collaborated with Art Director to effectively meet graphic design needs of clients.
- Pioneered new acquisition techniques for acquisitions, including cold calling and finding new relationships.
- Helped create an award-winning game design; received accolades from customers for efficient, high-quality work during gameplay development.
- Managed day-to-day operations of art department; supervised artists in the coordination of art assets throughout the project cycle.
- Relentlessly pursued desired goals; effectively communicated visual language across multidisciplinary teams to produce excellent results.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 12
- Developed original designs for greeting cards, boxes, calendars, and other paper products.
- Improved departmental production schedule by reducing the turnaround time on projects from an average of 8 weeks to 3 weeks or less.
- Provided design support for product packaging, including layout design concepts to meet marketing needs.
- Researched retail market opportunities in preparation for the launch of new stationery products; developed displays and advertising proposals.
- Spearheaded the movement to use soy-based ink as a replacement for traditional petroleum-based ink.
Assistant Art Director Resume Sample 13
- Managed 20+ interns and assistants during peak seasons; established an effective schedule and coordinated the team.
- Collaborated with staff designers to develop original designs, concepts, templates, and styles for promotional materials.
- Produced creative documentation in a timely manner according to project deadlines.
- Provided creative design services for events such as concerts, fashion shows, art gallery openings, festivals, etc.
- Witnessed long-term success of my graphic designs being used nationwide in-store displays and advertisements.
To work as an assistant art director, you will have to have a bachelor’s degree in arts and four to five years of experience in the art department. Assistant Art Director must know how to operate presentation software, computer skills, photoshop, adobe creative suite, illustrator, graphic software, and social media.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.