Architectural Draftsmen are tasked with drawing up architectural plans. Their duties include using computer software to draft designs, analyzing building codes, including electrical and mechanical designs to architect designs, designing room arrangements for large buildings, gathering information that is needed to make designs, and consulting with clients to ensure drawings meet their standards.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Architectural Draftsman Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Architectural Draftsman resumes for your reference.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 1
- Drafted by hand and using AutoCAD, 2D plans of designs for commercial buildings in town.
- Created 3D models of churches, performing arts centers, & office complexes.
- Contributed to blueprints of shopping centers, industrial parks, factories, golf courses.
- Devised the complete design concept for 3 large multi-use buildings on a local college campus.
- Articulated floor plan layouts for 6 individual homes by designing complete exterior elevations with shading & materials options.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 2
- Designed and drafted structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Resolved design challenges for first-time builders to help them achieve goals within their budgets.
- Developed full set of construction drawings with the aid of AutoCAD software utilizing client’s program preferences.
- Effectively projected ideas into aesthetically pleasing final concepts by studying topographical topology.
- Collaborated on “Waterfront Park” including three buildings; one completed in record time of 4 months before deadline.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 3
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microstation, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash.
- Designed conceptual interior layout drawings for hotel/resort proposals including perspective views with 3D modeling.
- Proactive member of team responsible for developing pre-construction documents and presentation materials for an airline’s terminal renovation project at the international airport.
- Displayed capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously by maintaining work flow deadlines while allocating time efficiently.
- Managed large-scale production projects by establishing design file naming convention that facilitated integration into database application; consistently met or exceeded time management goals.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 4
- Exhibited exceptional artistic ability that lead to the creation of original artwork for interior décor.
- Gave input on existing designs and assisted in restructuring layouts, design elements, and color schemes which drove customer satisfaction up by 30%.
- Provided detailed two-dimensional drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Created detailed floor plans with graphic presentations for developers to showcase their company’s vision for a new commercial development.
- Implemented effective time management skills to organize projects from start to completion.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 5
- Prepared sketches for production of project working drawings.
- Managed and coordinated with sub-consultants to meet program requirements on time, within budget.
- Sketched color options for livable spaces by analyzing finishes and textures.
- Designed water distribution systems, furniture layouts, built-ins, cabinetry specifications.
- Drafted plans using CAD software; designed components to meet available space parameters.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 6
- Created graphics, illustrations, and models for construction firms including technical drawings from design development through shop drawings.
- Collaborated with a team of architects, engineers, interior designers and subcontractors to ensure that all project requirements were met within allotted time frame.
- Accurately produced over 200 detailed shop drawings for housing subdivisions demonstrating attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Effectively managed the relationships between the firm’s customers and other associates/subcontractors during projects; increased brand awareness through personal networking.
- Provided leadership to the production crew that oversaw three separate project sites ensuring constructions proceeded as scheduled while maintaining high quality standards.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 7
- Expanded draftsmanship skills through refinements of drawing techniques for cut sheet presentation, sectional views, and perspectives.
- Collaborated with engineering team to design residential structures in the United States and Japan, managing projects throughout their development to reach client satisfaction.
- Design individual residential units according to zoning regulations by applying building codes and environmental laws.
- Conceptualized the design of two new urban retail centers following client guidelines of ‘value conscious’ development; won first place award for outstanding concept design.
- Developed innovative concepts to include energy efficient features in an office complex that combined both open space and work areas; increased productivity while reducing monthly utility bills.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 8
- Sketched designs for buildings, signs, and display systems. Prepared layouts of building interiors including furniture, wallboard, doors, windows, stairs, decks.
- Utilized sub-contractor guidance to prepare full set blueprints that were utilized by development planning groups for contractual projects.
- Effectively managed time by prioritizing tasks according to urgency levels; effectively fulfilled client demands in timely manner avoiding last minute rush at the end of the day.
- Worked well under pressure without compromising accuracy or attention to detail while working closely with clients and other architects to produce plans within short timeframes.
- Creative individual who is not afraid to voice an innovative idea even if it differs from the usual method; proposed an alternative design for a utility building that increased its structural integrity.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 9
- Aided in the design and development of a 500,000 square foot recycling facility.
- Took lead role in the drafting and implementation of designs for a new 30-story office building; recognized by management staff as one of top draftsman in company history.
- Made significant contributions to production and profitability levels by designing cost effective equipment systems and components, including conveyor belts, belt spindles, and head pulleys.
- Facilitated high level production throughput at three different companies through utilization of time study techniques; earned perfect score on every recorded time study performed during my tenure at all three locations.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 10
- Created exterior elevations, floor plans, and sections for Seattle-area middle school.
- Advanced knowledge of house blueprints and construction materials.
- Designed a new community plan including amenities such as swimming pools, spas, tennis courts, clubhouse, gymnasiums to accommodate future expansion.
- Re-designed regional shopping mall based on input from retail management team; layout revisions included changes in storefront facades and signage.
- Determine optimum tenant space utilization by studying traffic patterns throughout the building.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 11
- Drafted and designed new residential and commercial buildings.
- Translated client description into prepared set of drawings and specifications for preparation of construction documents.
- Created custom woodwork designs to match interior millwork used throughout the project.
- Managed projects from pre-design stages through final inspection stages, including closeout documentation using AutoCAD software.
- Collaborated on efforts to redesign existing building areas to improve workflow processes and transition of work assignment between project team members.
Architectural Draftsman Resume Sample 12
- Produced an array of drawings including site, building, landscape layouts, elevations, roof plan/sections/elevations , wall sections, electrical plans, interior perspectives and details to the construction documents.
- Managed production drawings for three different design projects including drawing inspections and submittals. Participated in material takeoffs to coordinate with the engineer’s estimate for each project.
- Assisted in overseeing one major construction contract ranging from $55 million – $65 million; organized work breakdown structure (WBS) for accurate estimates.
- Translated complex data into automated CAD (Computer-Aided Design) format; accurately manipulated various drawing sizes up to 42″ x 36″. Used architectural drafting tools such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, and VectorWorks.
- Familiar with technical aspects of other aspects of architectural construction, including insulation, acoustics, power distribution, plumbing systems, and HVAC.
To become an Architectural Draftsman, you will need a bachelor’s degree in architecture. The skills needed for this position are strong math skills, strong computer skills, time management skills, communication skills, organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, creativity skills, and ability to work independently.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.