An apprentice mechanic performs repairs on automobiles at garages and dealerships. Duties include performing basic repairs, utilizing manufacture checklists, learning advanced repair techniques, writing estimates, inspecting vehicles, testing vehicles, testing batteries, cleaning the shop, and ordering auto parts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Apprentice Mechanic Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Apprentice Mechanic resumes for your reference.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 1
- Completed the apprenticeship program at Langston University; also passed all certifications in ASE (Automotive Service Excellence), GMP (General Motors Program), and Ford’s A-1.
- Recognized as one of top 4 Journeyman Mechanics by General Motors; certified to align and balance tires on the computer using the MSC (Master Service Center).
- Achieved award for assisting customers with all their automotive needs, including repair services, body work and paint, muffler replacement, and installation of vehicle navigation systems.
- Recognized as Mechanic of the Month on multiple occasions; served as leader in organizing a training session for new employees that addressed customer satisfaction guidelines.
- Recognized for receiving most customer recommendations during employee referral recognition program; presented with award at annual employee appreciation banquet.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 2
- Performed preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; prevented breakdowns and minimized idle time.
- Acted as a repair technician; replaced and installed parts and components on assigned machinery.
- Achieved award for meeting productivity guidelines at the end of the fiscal year based on meeting the number of service calls required in a given period.
- Awarded ‘Employee of the Month’ by management during my apprenticeship program; encouraged improvements in areas such as quality, safety, and attendance.
- Researched spare part availability and cost to recommend alternative parts that would allow cost reduction for monthly maintenance contracts for equipment related to sanitation services at branch locations.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 3
- Performed engine and transmission maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Experienced a positive learning environment and demonstrated ability to deliver quality service.
- Received quality nomination at the local shop; received superior acknowledgement as a Mechanic Apprentice.
- Received outstanding evaluation abilities through working on multiple projects.
- Acquired a positive work ethic, being open to constructive criticism, and maintaining 100% attendance.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated leadership qualities as a student group president, mentor, and coach; received award for outstanding commitment.
- Expertly diagnosed malfunctioning radiator and replaced pump in less than 30 minutes; saved company thousands of dollars in expected repair costs.
- Worked independently on the job site; completed several projects without supervision.
- Received award for highest GPA in school’s program.
- Improved department’s efficiency by streamlining computerized tracking system; improved overall department performance rating by more than 10%.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 5
- Delivering high-quality repairs to customers within the time frame required.
- Performing ongoing preventative maintenance on customers’ vehicles.
- Recognizing and taking pride in his work (e.g., wearing a clean uniform and smiling while performing repairs/maintenance); maintaining positive working relationships with customers; providing accurate information regarding scheduled appointments and completion of repairs/maintenance work, in a timely manner; demonstrating leadership qualities (e.g., by coordinating with other staff, taking initiative when necessary, supervising employees, etc.).
- Preventing unnecessary auto repairs by recommending and instructing customers to regularly schedule maintenance.
- Continually improving own skills by attending seminars and reading manuals relative to specific auto repairs; taking initiative in developing new methods to more efficiently perform assigned duties; working with coworkers, management, and/or customers to resolve problems/issues in a timely manner.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 6
- Maintained all fleet vehicles and equipment for clients according to the company’s standards. Met all deadlines for annual state and federal inspections.
- Completed repairs on delivery trucks, snow removal equipment, and generators in less than two workdays, with only three hours of training; recognized by foreman as a ‘true professional.’
- Rehabilitated a generator that was previously deemed irreparable by senior technicians; decreased cost of repairs by $1,000.
- Diagnosed and repaired four ceiling fans in one workday; earned award for excellence in customer service.
- Received outstanding quality award; completed line repair on a gas tank trailer less than two workdays after being assigned the job.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 7
- Improved customer satisfaction through listening capabilities that resulted in quick, effective resolutions to customer concerns.
- Provided outstanding customer service to new customers as well as existing ones; recognized as “Outstanding Customer Service Associate” by the Director of Customer Service.
- Held a 100 percent average rate in the quarterly employee survey; empowered to resolve questions, concerns and complaints of customers by department managers and the owner.
- Recognized for proactive role in identifying equipment problems through excellent communication with customers; manager stated that my ability to communicate effectively and professionally contributed to a significant sales increase.
- Achieved a 75 percent success rate in troubleshooting customer complaints; resolved customer issues in a timely manner.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 8
- Installed a new air conditioning system for cars and trucks; replaced worn belts, hoses, and pulley systems.
- Rebuilt power steering; adjusted fluid levels and filters.
- Diagnosed ignition problems of vehicles; cleaned surface of distributor cap to obtain good contact with leads.
- Diagnosed electrical short in brakes by checking connections, grounding points, and voltage across leads.
- Cleaned carburetors; replaced washable filters with high-quality ones purchased at local auto parts store during downtime.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 9
- Honed skills in metal sheeting, pipe fitting, and welding under the supervision of experienced technicians.
- Installed HVAC units in association with state-of-the-art control systems; adhered to company standards for part replacement and maintenance.
- Propelled to the position of Supervisor overseeing a team of three journeyman technicians without previous training or management experience.
- Achieved certification from a top training facility as a Journeyman Technician with expertise in freon recovery and hydrostatic testing.
- Expedited foreclosure properties with minimal supervision after creating baseline standards.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 10
- Consistently repaired and maintained vehicles to the highest standards; quickly diagnosed problems and suggested solutions.
- Maintained and repaired fleet of buses and trucks with utmost efficiency; ultimately decreased maintenance cost per unit by 7% during first year of employment.
- Rewired dish room at restaurant, saving the company $500 in wiring charges; installed ceiling tiles in break room to add value to an area that had previously been undervalued by customers.
- Created repair manual that allowed company to maintain a fleet of more than 100 vehicles without ever losing money on a vehicle, even while using “mechanics” who lacked formal training.
- Completed assigned tasks in a timely manner; generated time-and-a-half pay for all overtime hours worked.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 11
- Performed daily preventative maintenance on company vehicles; ensured that vehicles were in good running order.
- Trained technicians to effectively perform repairs on company vehicles.
- Diagnosed and fixed faulty starting conditions on vehicles; determined that vehicle’s computer had incorrectly diagnosed a problem and ordered replacement parts to have vehicle repaired by the dealership.
- Diagnosed and corrected problems with air conditioning units; determined faulty electrical components, replaced them, and had unit operating normally within 24 hours.
- Tested heating blower motors; found them to be operating at insufficiently low RPMs and had the blower motors corrected at no charge to the customer.
Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 12
- Received award for receiving the most on-the-job training hours.
- Presented project of building a boat lift for competition that was recognized at the state level because it designed and constructed according to stringent industry standards.
- Received award for completing projects with fewer problems and less down time or cost overruns than other apprentice mechanics.
- Recognized by peers and supervisors as a team player who demonstrated leadership skills and inspired trust while executing duties; encouraged others to improve their own performance levels in order to meet production goals.
- Awarded recognition as Apprentice Mechanic of the Month several times; always achieved 100% quality ratings on inspections.
A High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid driver’s license is required. Skills to succeed as an apprentice mechanic include friendly customer service, the ability to bend, stoop, lay down, crawl, and lift more than 40 pounds, the ability to communicate effectively, troubleshooting skills, problem-solving skills, and analytical abilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Apprentice Mechanic Resume Samples
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 1
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 2
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 3
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 4
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 5
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 6
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 7
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 8
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 9
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 10
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 11
- Apprentice Mechanic Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up