An appliance installer installs appliances, such as refrigerators, washers, and dryers. An appliance installer’s duties include testing appliances to ensure they are operational, professionally installing appliances, assembles appliances, answers questions and concerns from clients, advise clients on appliance use and maintenance, and abide by safety standards.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Appliance Installer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Appliance Installer resumes for your reference.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 1
- Installed, tested, and repaired toilets and bathtubs at eight clients’ homes within one hour during emergency repairs.
- Replaced five refrigerators with new units, including removal of old units and disposal, as well as installation of new ones.
- Restored full operating capacity to multiple customers’ kitchen ranges after replacing defective heating elements.
- Calibrated valve linkage within 25-foot high-pressure gas lines to prevent leaks upon system startup after tests for faulted connections.
- Supported customer service and “amenities” by providing maintenance and repair services at night and on weekends due to time conflicts with primary job duties.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 2
- Employed and trained over 100 technicians and salespersons throughout the metro area.
- Reviewed, installed, and repaired appliances for five appliance stores.
- Supervised over 60 personnel for six months in solving complex problems and troubleshooting repairs during initial installation/installation of renovations at a business establishment.
- Founded a company with 19 employees after serving as President and major stockholder from inception to sale in 4 years.
- Created/managed successful techniques for overcoming obstacles, time management, self-motivation, goal setting, interpersonal communication strategies, competitive environments, social media marketing campaigns…yep.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 3
- Increased productivity by 100% citing successful management of customer relations and inventory.
- Delivered complete technical knowledge of product use, care, and maintenance.
- Achieved high quality in all installations and repairs through detailed work and expertise.
- Demonstrated exceptional skills in all aspects of daily business, including scheduling, training, supervision, recruiting, and hiring.
- Maintained a high level of productivity in the service industry with over ten years of experience as a local technician for a major appliance retailer/wholesale distributor.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 4
- Established name for having the fastest speed in the appliance repair industry.
- Applied to and completed four-year college degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, earning six university certifications.
- Trained professionally with local appliance companies to troubleshoot complete hardware, software, and work order issues, as well as lead electrical safety classes for over 150 employees each year.
- Hired multiple professionals with prior experience to complete major installations of top-of-the-line appliances within a two-week period allowing me to remain on schedule without interruption or waste of time.
- Motivated, trained, and created a team of up to three co-workers to generate energy within the workplace by creating a positive working environment.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 5
- Repaired and installed over 100 refrigerators, freezers, ranges, washers, dryers, dishwashers, and other household appliances.
- Trained in the latest appliance technology to better serve customers with greater technical knowledge of both standard and high-end equipment.
- Provided consultation on new appliance purchases to help customers select proper appliances for their lifestyles and budget.
- Researched and installed all new household appliance equipment within a single working day.
- Met the needs of customers with a wide variety of appliance needs from custom-built appliances to service calls.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 6
- Diagnosed, repaired, and maintained all appliance models including washing machines, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, ovens.
- Diagnosed and repaired problems for residential customers with limited knowledge of or exposure to home appliances.
- Developed skills to diagnose by eliminating flaws in customer complaints against specific problems.
- Trained to become certified on all brands of high-end home appliances including Maytag, Sub-Zero, KitchenAid.
- Installed all home appliances using the proper tools, including refrigeration units, water heaters, circuit breakers.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 7
- Serviced and repaired appliances in a variety of applications, including a hospital, a school, a federal government agency.
- Demonstrated ability to safely feed electric lines and pipes around the home without causing physical harm to the lines or pipes.
- Increased quantity and quality of production in the job by cutting machine set-up time from 30min per machine to 10min per machine per day.
- Received an 80% increase in billable hours from new customers from coworkers with less experience.
- Trained coworkers at the rate of 1-2 days per week in appliance repair with a 94% success rate in training, with minimal misuse of tools or workspace.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 8
- Maintained and repaired an average of fifteen residential and commercial appliances and heating systems for twelve years.
- Serviced at customer’s request over thirty-five major appliances, such as dishwashers, stoves, washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, ice makers, microwaves, ranges, and ovens.
- Studied operation of the common household appliance and heating system; researched causes of malfunctions; solved problems with electrical devices; diagnosed problems affecting central air conditioning and heat pumps; repaired blowers and motors.
- Installed new electrical appliances in homes (range hoods/microwave ovens/refrigerators/freezers).
- Replaced batteries in thermostats, and made minor adjustments.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 9
- Successfully and effectively installed and repaired all makes and models of home appliances, primarily for five families over a 10-year period.
- Trained to the full completion, from White to Black Belt, two private students by 6 years of home appliance installation.
- Sealed the leaks in the plumbing around the bathtub as well as the more than 100 other leaks in three residences.
- Saved an entire house from fire twice over a short period by effectively repairing faulty electrical wiring and problems with the furnace and water heater systems.
- Discovered new uses for old and discarded appliances during my first year as a residential appliance installer.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 10
- Installed and repaired fifteen faulty Tappan ranges in a two-year term on a multi-unit apartment complex.
- Inspected, installed, and repaired over five faulty GE washers and dryers on a five-unit condominium complex.
- Troubleshoot over 14 broken Kitchen Aid mixers during one six-month term at a commercial laundry.
- Learned the fine art of appliance repair after taking part in a three-year stint as a repair technician for Maytag.
- Researched the intricacies of cabinetry, ventilation, and plumbing while working on prefabricated buildings at an Air Force refinery.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 11
- Trained over 200 fellow employees to service & repair appliances, including installation.
- Served as a maintenance supervisor for over a decade.
- Responsible for installing and supervising maintenance projects for each appliance servicing customer.
- Taught customers to sight-see, identify unfamiliar symbols understand common problems, and perform simple repairs on appliances at their own homes.
- Served as an employee benefits coordinator and trained twenty publications staff to sell advertising space in yearly publications. Anchored the publications’ success by creating long-term relationships with vendors and customers throughout the Bay Area area.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 12
- Trained in the installation of electrical, air conditioning, and heating systems.
- Performed precise work to eliminate system failure, while completing installations within strict time limits.
- Conducted 1-year service calls for warranty calls on motors, compressors, controllers, thermostats, switches, and wiring problems.
- Enjoyed building camaraderie with coworkers who later became business partners in start-up companies.
- Met personal goal of working full-time at age 17 by successfully installing all appliances sold by company before end of two years.
Appliance Installer Resume Sample 13
- Installed high-end household appliances like wall ovens, dishwashers, and stoves after professionally training on simple plumbing systems.
- Installed new kitchen cabinet parts, which were complicated by the installation of different materials – venting of exhaust fan, cold water lines, drain cleaning.
- Installed microwave for an elderly couple in their home.
- Taught husband of family starter carpentry work on their new home – foundation walls for bathroom and utility room, repairing of molding around windows, etc.
- Worked with National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to assist during re-design of the International Space Station (ISS).
To become an appliance installer, there are no official requirements. An appliance installer must be good with his or her hands, knowledgeable about an array of appliances, have excellent interpersonal skills, can work well in hot temperatures, knowledgeable about repairing appliances, organized, and able to solve problems that arise.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.