An account manager is responsible for managing their clients’ portfolios. Their duties include forming relationships with clients, preparing sales reports, answering clients’ questions, searching for new business opportunities, negotiating contracts, and collecting and analyzing data.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Account Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Account Manager resumes for your reference.
Account Manager Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for completing all job tasks assigned by the area supervisor by following office procedures and departmental guidelines.
- Followed procedures to provide information found in the accounting software.
- Adhered to all departmental policies and procedures; took initiative to resolve minor issues of concern.
- Demonstrated commitment and enthusiasm while representing the company at a charitable event sponsored by a community organization.
- Served as a capable backup candidate for an urgent project requiring limited clerical duties. Adhering to established deadlines, completed project ahead of schedule with only minimal assistance from other staff members.
Account Manager Resume Sample 2
- Achieved substantial sales quotas. Worked collaboratively to motivate, develop, and respect the strengths of staff members. Adhered to all company policies.
- Maintained confidentiality of client information by utilizing only personal information provided at the time of application; maintained a filing system to support personnel requests; completed filing requirements in a timely manner according to filing guidelines.
- Handled sensitive time-sensitive information for over 300 clients in an accurate and timely manner.
Account Manager Resume Sample 3
- Effectively managed a program in which clerical, administrative, office support personnel were accompanied by an individual who was trained in the job they performed.
- Established and optimally utilized business processes primarily in the areas of finance and accounting, public relations, sales and marketing.
- Used creative approaches to solve difficult problems and issues that affected employee morale.
- Managed daily operations while remaining focused on strategic solutions and objectives that helped to increase profits.
- Developed personal and career relationships with decision makers at corporate headquarters when formulating recommendations for managing resources.
Account Manager Resume Sample 4
- Effectively managed multiple projects, accounts, and schedules to meet business deadlines.
- Managed professional development of several team members; contributed to the growth and success of an Ad Agency employing over 150 staff members.
- Collaborated with management to gain efficiencies in a high-volume call center operation; established new procedures for customer service applications and implemented them accordingly.
- Contributed to the performance of multiple departments in a multi-million dollar company as a reporter, Coordinator, Project Manager, and Administrative Assistant.
- Realized potentials within professional lines of work; gained valuable experience in business administration by working as an administrative assistant from a 3F company.
Account Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed and scheduled projects to meet deadlines and achieve budget goals.
- Established a key to professionalism with excellent customer service; scheduled, performed, and completed multiple tasks as required.
- Initiated project identification for all assigned new client requests. Established the course of action for all new projects.
- Managed client service in accordance with company standards from start to completion. Served as a liaison between clients and administrative staff.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively organized, maintained, and upgraded computer systems used in the office. Enrolled paper forms into computer program; used program to update filed records while integrating forms into system files properly.
Account Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed a $24,000 per month investment portfolio for a private client. Worked to achieve 15% annual growth.
- Prepared client tax returns with accuracy, efficiency, and on-time submission.
- Controlled expenses for $5 million business property portfolio; recognized by corporate management for reducing operating costs by 3% in six months.
- Organized quarterly meetings with a group of eight account executives to establish exchange of information among the group members in the areas of customer relations, marketing techniques, and new products.
- Developed an open-door policy with my support staff that encouraged staff members to voice concerns and make suggestions on improving service to clients.
Account Manager Resume Sample 7
- Selected to, and presented at, a national conference held in Chicago.
- Achieved award for exceptional performance while managing a team of telephone solicitors.
- Established, and maintained, the highest call rate of all managers when assigned to the post-call review committee.
- Recognized by department manager for innovative problem solving when assigned to investigate a client’s unproductivity issues; increased sales by five percent while decreasing employee error rate by fifty percent.
- Won over-all trophy during sales competition with twelve other competitors; accurately solicited thousands of dollars in new business within one month’s time period.
Account Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed, trained, and supervised the operations of two workers at a business location for monthly product sales of over $500,000.
- Established solid relationships with clients to gain repeat purchase and generate recommendations from influential contacts.
- Completed a database management system for a client’s specific product, service, or industry; saved the client from losses and increased profitability.
- Trained under an administrative supervisor for acquisitions in telephone etiquette and data entry procedures, achieving knowledge of computer equipment.
- Identified job-related training changes for self; prepared to pursue first class certification in school administration education.
Account Manager Resume Sample 9
- Maintained customer satisfaction and loyalty by maintaining a clean and organized office environment, communicating company policies and procedures, and offering efficient service to customers.
- Mentored trainees to become loyal customers by passing on knowledge of products, services, and company culture.
- Achieved 100% customer retention rate in spite of competitive price pressures; educated customers on the importance of long-term relationships within the industry.
- Promptly submitted reports before deadlines; produced accurate sales statistics each month for management review.
- Trained new employees in customer service responsibilities and company policies; mentored dealership employees to improve motivation for sales team operations.
Account Manager Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in production of more than 70,000 accounts receivable.
- Managed over 10 employees and was a respected team leader within the accounting department.
- Earned respect from employees and peers for abilities to be diplomatic, fair, and for the ability to solve problems through creative thinking.
- Maintained high expectations for all staff.
- Knew all aspects of office procedures and computer operations including, but not limited to:, accounting transactions; record keeping; payroll; staffing, etc.
Account Manager Resume Sample 11
- Acquired prestigious Award of Excellence for outstanding performance in customer service; well-regarded by the GPO, Regional Director, and Special Agent.
- Earned nomination for Outstanding Customer Service Award; successfully assisted customers in resolving debts.
- Demonstrated customer-friendly attitude; showed consideration, respect, and compassion.
- Developed outstanding rapport with client; building strategic commitment.
- Performed three-month contract as a temporary employee to locate and locate missing files in an expedient manner.
In order to become an account manager, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, or another relevant field. Account Managers should display an understanding of consumer behaviors, knowledge of their product, computer proficiency, adaptability, strong communication skills, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.