An account director manages the operations of a campaign. An account director’s responsibilities include briefing the designers and copywriters, setting up a budget, establishing client relations, responding to clients’ requests and inquiries, overseeing day-to-day operations, and collaborating with staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Account Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Account Director resumes for your reference.
Account Director Resume Sample 1
- Met with key executives and created Account Plan; effectively marketed our services to area hospitals.
- Managed an increase in accounts by 30%; increased revenue by 20% for the company.
- Set up bi-weekly meetings with Medical Director to ensure positive customer service.
- Increased the number of accounts by over 400% within two years; achieved 100% customer satisfaction ratings by phone survey results.
- Created a meeting plan that involved 12 hospitals in the immediate region; achieved the award for outstanding service performance based on customer feedback forms.
Account Director Resume Sample 2
- Developed and supervised the implementation of a new account management/sales plan; this strategy resulted in a 40% increase in sales, which was recognized at the corporate level.
- Conceived and developed a database management system with multiple applications; developed and developed a pricing and reimbursement compliance program.
- Achieved and surpassed revenue goals for over five consecutive years; consistently ranked in the top one percent of the sales force for performance measures.
- Recognized by corporate with the prestigious award for achievement in business development; submitted 4 patents to the R&D department, resulting in positive cash flow for the company.
- Ranked in the top 15 in the company and in the top one percent of the sales force in the company; served as a member of corporate leadership and held membership on corporate boards.
Account Director Resume Sample 3
- Earned “Best Practices” Award for effectively managing multiple projects that contributed to the Company’s goals.
- Achieved recognition as a scorecard Superstar; coached members of the team to adhere to quality metrics for tracking, database management, and overall department success.
- Achieved recognition for helping customers resolve customer service issues through effective use of time management and negotiation skills.
- Achieved recognition as a “Top Performing Leader” which was based on team members’ willingness to complete projects on time, ability to successfully engage with customers, and proactive contribution of ideas that improved the overall effectiveness of the department.
- Achieved award for “Word of Mouth”; successfully served as a confidential resource for team members to get answers for questions pertaining to materials, pricing, and “softer” customer service issues related to the products marketed by the Company.
Account Director Resume Sample 4
- Actively pitched potential new clients; generated leads and negotiated contracts; drafted and submitted contracts that were accepted into the client’s contracts management system.
- Prepared, reviewed, and presented the business budget to key managers; provided creative solutions to meet budgetary, financial, and technical requirements.
- Actively achieved oral and written objectives; excelled in influencing employee attitudes toward their future; possessed exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Maintained a professional attitude at all times with the ability to articulate ideas in creative terms.
- Supported initiatives with ongoing contact with key partners in order to ensure that our corporate vision was achieved.
Account Director Resume Sample 5
- Earned Top Gun award for serving clients/customers on time, which resulted in positive ratings on customer satisfaction surveys.
- Recognized as the first-quarter top producer; sold over $400,000 of new business; exceeding quota by 30%.
- Achieved “Best of the Best” status by selling 98% of homes during an economic downturn; achieved 20 home sales in 15 months.
- Recognized for exceeding the plan by selling $7million of life insurance policies within one year.
- Achieved award for being the most productive/successful producer during a period when the company was experiencing record-high sales.
Account Director Resume Sample 6
- Increased sales by $200,000 in one month; recognized for outstanding efforts by the District Manager.
- Achieved highest sales increase over a period of five years; won the award for sales achievement.
- Identified and resolved data discrepancies within the medical billing system; received an award for exceptional performance from the CIO (Chief Information Officer).
- Received positive and encouraging feedback from customers and internal departments; recognized for outstanding communication skills.
- Mentored new employees on interviewing and communication skills; recognized by management as a team player.
Account Director Resume Sample 7
- Enrolled new accounts into the database.
- Obtained online access to all necessary data to assist account executives in developing strategies for account development.
- Assisted in the development of information for print ads and mailers to promote sales.
- Pre-qualified accounts for presentation at annual sales meetings, providing feedback on sales opportunities, which led to increased sales.
- Analyzed competitor data to identify opportunities for account development.
Account Director Resume Sample 8
- Increased the number of prescriptions filled in target areas.
- Improved old account activity by receiving, monitoring & implementing bank menu items to increase walk-in clients.
- Earned excellent closing margins on prescriptions purchased via contract pricing, which equates to 40% above the industry average.
- Met monthly objectives for prescriptions purchased during the quarter, which resulted in improved bottom line results.
- Received award for Financial Administration & Reporting; reported over 1,200 accounting transactions with accuracy and timely reporting of 31 days or better.
Account Director Resume Sample 9
- Established a marketing strategy for a new product line.
- Implemented creative marketing strategies to increase market share and revenue; lead the creation of Web sites; created and trained staff on data mining; spent time developing creative marketing strategies.
- Developed and implemented creative marketing strategies to drive sales growth; successfully communicated through recorded messages, e-mails, and telephone calls with clients and prospects.
- Implemented a new process for receiving orders for pharmaceuticals; created procedures for the administration of clinical studies and increased revenue by $600,000 annually.
- Implemented a new business model for selling prescription drugs by developing a relationship with the client.
Account Director Resume Sample 10
- Processed assigned accounts on time according to industry guidelines. Determined the best method of servicing the accounts based on banks’ guidelines.
- Established an effective customer service atmosphere with all constituents; effectively supervised and trained customer service team members to deliver excellent service.
- Awarded for outstanding customer satisfaction; effectively resolved escalated issues with customers.
- Received award for exceptional performance; effectively reconciled vendor files without reprogramming, prompting, or re-entering data into the system.
- Received award for the outstanding quality of work product; implemented strong systems that were easily operated by staff and users alike. Served as a mentor benchmark for other employees.
Account Director Resume Sample 11
- Recognized by the US Department of Health and Human Services as “one of the most innovative marketing professionals in healthcare marketing today” for creating a customer-focused methodology that led to a process improvement of 20% in accounts receivable.
- Achieved goal of “sales through service” by implementing a system that reduced cost per order of $10,000 and improved order-flow velocity by 40%.
- As evidence of leadership, earned award for leading an agency team executing over $100 million in advertising campaigns. Served as an important member of a $130 million agency-owned and operated organization.
- Designed and implemented a marketing campaign that resulted in a 20% increase in Medicare spending on prescribed medications and a 15% increase on historical average.
- Achieved award for achieving top sales team results; led an account management account team to new levels of customer satisfaction; achieved records as the ninth fastest-growing media advertiser for brand penetration with healthcare.
To become an account director, many companies prefer candidates with a master’s degree in business administration or a related field. An account director must be analytical, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be able to work under pressure, must be adaptable, must have excellent time management skills, and must be able to work in a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.