A Windows Administrator keeps the MS Windows operating system running smoothly. Duties include daily monitoring of the system, reviewing logs of how the system runs, performing on-site tech support, designing new systems, re-configuring directories, re-building existing servers, configuring hardware, and monitoring servers.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Windows Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Windows Administrator resumes for your reference.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Administered servers, desktops, printers and upgraded devices to Windows 7 while providing support to users.
- Assisted in the daily tasks of maintaining, monitoring network printers and acted as a liaison between customers and other technicians.
- Collaborated with multiple departments to provide efficient solutions for business applications’ problems, including regularly scheduled maintenance on servers.
- Presented technical reports to upper level management that resulted in restructuring of IT department’s workflow.
- Oversaw security patches installation across all machines remotely from home office during off hours; resolved issues before customers were alerted.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Gathered key information from user reports regarding server functionality and security.
- Converted systems for Windows XP to Windows 7. Installed, configured, and deployed a VPN solution for a construction company of over 100 users.
- Introduced new software technologies; pioneered implementation of new tools; saved the corporation $650,000 in IT costs within 3 years.
- Resolved hardware and software support issues with groupware products such as Microsoft Exchange Server, GroupWise, Novell e-mail gateway (ZENworks), Lotus Notes, and SunONE Messaging System (SMS).
- Streamlined corporate communication with implementation of voice mail system; empowered remote employees by developing web-based audio and video conferencing system.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Managed and archived all user data including emails, corrections to security permissions for over five workstations, ensuring compliance with IT standards.
- Contributed ideas for improvements in the departmental workflow process; recognized by peers as an “ideas guy.”
- Collaborated with Information Technology professionals at other locations around the nation to resolve broadband connectivity problems.
- Organized and conducted weekly user group meetings which facilitated better communication between users and IT support staff.
- Trained coworkers on equipment maintenance after supervisor’s departure; appreciated by peers for helping people understand their roles during transitional period.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Administered and maintained Windows NT Server, 2000 Server and 2003 Server in a multi-user environment.
- Performed system software upgrades; resolved network connectivity issues; monitored system performance; created new users; verified disaster recovery procedures.
- Acted as team lead for server management with global support organization.
- Conducted training for end user community on the use of computer facilities and applications such as e-mail, word processing, databases, etc., used in daily operations.
- Reduced hardware costs by $4000 per year by reducing CPU cycle requirements of all Windows servers by 15% .
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Secured Windows servers from outside hackers by installing and configuring anti-virus software, as well as user account security.
- Assisted in the implementation of a new Microsoft Exchange server to ensure that all employees had access to email. Replaced defective equipment quickly and repaired network connections on several occasions when necessary.
- Achieved full productivity levels on a Windows workstation after resolving a virus problem that was preventing the use of any applications installed on it.
- Successfully migrated all users from an old file server to a new one within 3 days, which was completed without any disruptions to daily operations.
- Reorganized company workflow structure for improved productivity using categories related potentials and strengths of employees.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Acted as a systems and project leader for organization of 15+ technicians.
- Identified and remedied hardware and software faults, and managed operating system updates to prevent downtime; recognized by senior managers for outstanding problem solving abilities.
- Managed shifts of 25+ direct reports; succeeded in initiating economies of scale during purchase negotiations with external vendors.
- Improved skills as an MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) working across the U.S., Canada, India, Australia, New Zealand; added knowledge of cloud computing management practices during certification process.
- Spearheaded Windows 7 migration projects which increased user productivity by decreasing boot time from over one minute to under 30 seconds.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Effectively maintained user accounts, server configurations, security systems, and incident tracking database in accordance to company standards.
- Achieved much higher-than average marks on customer satisfaction survey; recognized for excellence by three different regional managers.
- Identified software problems by investigating system logs; developed solution using advanced scripting technology.
- Prompted successful year-long rollout of 25 new workstations into branch office by developing strategy to centralize all data backups.
- Presented Windows 7 migration to executives that was anticipated to save the company $1500 per computer; recognized for professional growth by senior management team.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Developed systems for managing computer processes, storage administration, security, and backups.
- Installed, configured, and developed system images using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Group Policy Management (GPMC), Sysinternals BgInfo.
- Managed Windows 7 desktops in an environment with over 2200 users by creating GPOs in Active Directory to standardize settings; recognized by the President of the company for excellent service.
- Utilized free Linux programs such as Nmap and Wireshark to perform network assessments on security vulnerabilities within an enterprise-level infrastructure.
- Assisted in developing plans for future needs of the IT department; provided insights on future software and hardware upgrades.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Updated documentation for all computer equipment, hardware, and software including Windows 7 to Windows 10 for server room security upgrade.
- Resolved technical issues with printers, network drives, database software, virus removal, mobile device management tools, firewall installation/upgrades.
- Authored five new documentation processes and procedures covering company-wide best practices and standard operating procedures using Knowledge Base Manager Pro.
- Reorganized and streamlined Information Technology Department’s filing system of over 1 million files to ensure more efficient customer support within required time frame; reduced cycle time by 35%.
- Managed computer accounts for more than 100 employees who received email notification of their daily use reports that detailed any changes made on their behalf.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Designed and installed new Windows 2000 servers, upgraded all workstations to the newest software versions, and helped develop a migration plan for hardware.
- Authored white papers on new technologies regarding hotel entertainment systems; presented at IT conferences and symposiums.
- Used remote administration tools to troubleshoot network problems and provide real-time support to remote users.
- Migrated over 100 workstations from Windows 95/98 to Windows 2000; ensured successful execution of new desktop deployment model.
- Developed a Security Compliance program that was adopted by every department in the organization as a best practice standard.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Managed and resolved performance issues for servers by troubleshooting hardware, network connectivity, and software errors.
- Effectively transferred technical knowledge to other support staff as part of a team effort to resolve system problems within two hours.
- Identified problem areas upon installation of new server; upgraded hard drive space and optimized functionality with little supervision.
- Authored 50 training manuals and directed 20 instructional sessions for maximizing company productivity through the use of effective computer programs and applications.
- Repositioned servers from side A to side B during relocation; minimized downtime while maintaining data integrity.
Windows Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Successfully deployed a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory infrastructure.
- Administered Windows Server 2008 and 2012 servers, including Hyper-V virtual machines using Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Administered Exchange Server 2010 to deliver email service to the organization; contributed to Return on Investment for business solutions.
- Administered VMware ESX/ESXi virtualization platform to deploy and manage hundreds of guest operating systems across multiple physical hosts.
- Administered security features such as permissions, account lockout restrictions, and anti-virus software in order to protect resources from unauthorized access and misuse.
To do this job, a bachelor’s degree in IT is preferred, plus 5+ years of experience as an IT support person and system administrator. Skills needed are multi-tasking, communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, knowledge of networking procedures, excellent customer service skills, ability to keep careful records, proficiency in MS office applications, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.