Ski instructors teach and help individuals on how to ski. Their main duties include teaching new skills and techniques, administering first aid if necessary, maintaining safety during skiing lessons, complying with skiing procedures, establishing lesson plans for clients and coordinating daily ski activities.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Ski Instructor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Ski Instructor resumes for your reference.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 1
- Certified for over 600 students in climbing, hiking, and snowboarding.
- Instructed Canadian students in climbing, skiing/snowboarding, and exercise for fitness.
- Trained to the full completion of Advanced Kundalini Tai Chi Chuan with master instructor in 13 weeks.
- Became certified to teach international Tai Chi Chuan at the highest level of system application and skill control by the largest worldwide organization of choreographers and instructors.
- Tested significant improvement in my physical strength, agility, dexterity, balance, speed, endurance, flexibility and muscular endurance due to consistent repetition of physical training.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 2
- Trained over 500 students in ski, snowboarding, and wakeboarding skills.
- Lead monthly ski study classes for over 250 students.
- Managed a daily ski patrol in and out of the mountains on snow-covered terrain.
- Trained over 80 volunteers including adult and youth snowboarders who facilitated instruction to over 100 children at an annual event.
- Created five training courses and a standardized test to certify Ski, Snowboard, and Wakeboarding Instructors.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 3
- Instructed over 100 clients in diverse levels of skiing performance, balance, and competency.
- Trained a new employee in the art of snow safety and mountain management.
- Driven to teach group classes and private lessons despite an ankle injury; accomplished classes despite a sore throat, broken ribs, and fractured leg.
- Maintained a fun-loving attitude while educating skiers with disabilities in ability, balance control, and independent movement; earned respect from special education staff for attention to detail with special needs students.
- Earned a promotion through outstanding job performance in the face of a flood that washed away lessons and equipment.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 4
- Proved to be effective in the coaching of children’s skiing during 8 years of instruction at an alpine ski resort.
- Achieved a balance between teaching ability and personal success by being named instructor-of-the-year twice.
- Developed a program of self-improvement for less skilled athletes that resulted in future Olympic medalist’s goals for overall skiing improvement.
- Proven capable of achieving through motivation and example a high level of performance and personal satisfaction.
- Received many awards; remained dedicated to the well-being and self-confidence of his students.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 5
- Guided groups and individuals in the ski resort industry by instructing safe skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing techniques.
- Rode chairlift with an eighty-year-old woman for her first time to teach her the basics of skiing; recognized for Outstanding Customer Service by the Resort Manager.
- Developed a number of exercise routines that assisted students in losing weight and increased metabolism, which improved their overall health.
- Accommodated children’s needs with specialized instructional methods that challenged them while teaching others how to do the same.
- Earned Skiing Association of America Group Ski Instructor Certification; recognized for Outstanding Instructional Skills by peers and resort management.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 6
- Instructed a total of 500 participants in skiing, skating, and snowboarding skills.
- Trained staff members to teach others the same skills, in addition to evaluating them for their respective abilities.
- Achieved Ski Coach certification through Professional Ski Coaches Association (PSCA).
- Anticipated needs of individual skiers and didn’t allow riskier situations that would have resulted in injuries and/or death.
- Achieved overall rating of “excellent” from participants, including a 90% participation rate among 500 participants.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 7
- Provided private and group skiing lessons to over 50 men, women, and children; each taught in the style of their choice.
- Facilitated development of new skiiers with drills appropriate to abilities; adopted instruction to tastes of newcomers and children.
- Trained an advanced student through White Belt level in five months.
- Wrote four newsletters during a two-year period, which doubled as a program guide for beginners as well as a monthly e-zine for advanced skiers.
- Produced a video demonstrating sport technique with amateur actors in less than twenty days while maintaining budget.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 8
- Skilled in all aspects of skiing, alpine and cross-country.
- Educated and assisted a diverse population of guests from novice to expert levels.
- Trained a variety of people from around the world in the intricacies of skiing by creating appropriate lesson plans and adaptable teaching styles, resulting in a 100% pass rate for beginners.
- Efficiently organized lesson plans, rentals, and equipment on daily basis; received Excellence Award for devotion to teaching excellence and client satisfaction.
- Certified first aid responder; provided emergency care for patrons involved in various accidents.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 9
- Assisted customers to reach their specific goals by offering tailored learning, exercise, and nutritional plans.
- Trained, developed, and motivated an staff of three to deliver exceptional service with a genuine smile.
- Motivated a staff of thirteen employees in the launch of work-out circuit classes and the creation of safety guidelines that increased employee satisfaction while reducing injury rates.
- Ran a successful program, boosting revenue by 15% over two years through the introduction of new products and services, including individualized nutrition counseling.
- Organized complete sales campaigns for home exercise equipment that resulted in impressive profit margins while increasing corporate shares.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 10
- Motivated and inspired the physically active to push their limits and pursue goals of skiing down expert slopes.
- Demonstrated how to ski with elegance and power; used physical, mental, and verbal cues for operation of equipment.
- Encouraged elite skiers to complete a series of challenging runs from moderate to expert slopes in record time.
- Developed sense of joy and challenge for skiing after leading participants through challenging terrain.
- Created friendly competition among novice skiers; maintained professional attitude toward others, especially toward the clients that resulted in sales opportunities for the resort.
Ski Instructor Resume Sample 11
- Accomplishes goals for fitness, ski performance, and health at the same time.
- Selected to teach intense group fitness four days a week; developed one-one relationships with seniors and established exercise routines for senior centers.
- Accomplishes goals for fitness, ski performance, and health at the same time; created new members in the Senior Center by maintaining good relationships with area physicians.
- Provides an additional service to Senior Center users by dynamically incorporating his teaching skills into a daily class schedule of cultural integration in the arts and through physical exercise.
- Accomplishes goals for fitness, ski performance, and health at the same time; creates new members in the Senior Center by maintaining a good relationship with area doctors.
To work as a ski instructor, you require a high school diploma or its equivalent and certification by the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI). Ski instructors must demonstrate patience, excellent communication skills, a good sense of humor, skiing skills, customer relation skills, first aid skills and interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.