Rehabilitation Counselors help people with physical, mental, emotional, physical or developmental, disabilities live independently. Their duties include creating a treatment plan to work with clients to manage or overcome the effects of their disabilities.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Rehabilitation Counselor resumes for your reference.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 1
- Consistently exceeded the Chief Executive Officer’s expectations in regards to customer service, counseling techniques, and overall performance.
- Ranked in the top 10% of all counselors nationwide; achieved by both revenue generated and quality of services provided.
- Earned an award for outstanding performance; recognized by regional representatives for consistently exceeding corporate expectations.
- Received special recognition award; presented to one individual in the state for overall excellence in counseling techniques.
- Accomplished numerous modifications under difficult conditions, including short deadlines and large amounts of data entry; managed to balance the needs of all involved parties (clients).
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 2
- Increased customer satisfaction by 50% within six months through effective communication and relationship-building skills; improved client retention rate by 25%.
- Improved client satisfaction by 100% within six months through effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Received outstanding quality award; assisted clients in obtaining all necessary funding needed to begin the rehabilitation process.
- Received outstanding quality award; delivered training to our agency’s staff on the use of our new rehabilitation system.
- Provided professional counseling on a wide variety of topics to a diverse group of clients.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 3
- Played a major role in the development of a drug/alcohol rehabilitation program for mentally challenged individuals.
- Assessed the effectiveness of the rehabilitation program by tracking data related to clients’ progress.
- Convinced an insurance company to provide financial assistance for home repair services to consumers whose homes were damaged during Hurricane Andrew.
- Gained recognition as an outstanding counselor; conducted seminars on disaster relief and disaster insurance.
- Received positive feedback from clients; provided financial counseling services pertaining to tax incentives, retirement, and profit maximization strategies for small businesses.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed eight (8) rehabilitation plans for a client with a $125 million portfolio.
- Mentored a junior associate and helped this associate become a specialized Rehabilitation consultant.
- Recognized as being an outstanding Rehabilitation Counselor with the sales team for meeting their sales goals consistently during my tenure.
- Consistently received excellent ratings from clients as well as management for always going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Awarded “Employee of the Month” by senior management for outstanding dedication to my clients, company, and peers.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 5
- Segmented the program so that lower-income residents could easily participate.
- Educated people in the community on the power of forgiveness, re-entry, reconciliation, and choices in order to achieve financial stability.
- Maintained multiple client relationships in order to follow up with clients after their release from prison.
- Attained certification in Independent Living Skills by attending training at Georgetown University provided by the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines from clients who visited the center to obtain information pertaining to obtaining a home.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 6
- Improved the quality of life for over 100 individuals; recognized with an outstanding “Met Life” award.
- Achieved outstanding quality and productivity awards; prepared and submitted yearly statistical and analysis reports to meet annual company goals.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service; recognized with an outstanding “Met Life” award.
- Achieved outstanding customer service award; provided guidance to individual members of the board association.
- Received an award for exceptional team performance, helping the organization reach company goals while maintaining a positive working environment.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 7
- Accomplished a rehabilitation project to a daily walkthrough level of satisfaction from the client within the time frame.
- Analyzed and provided inspection reports for properties that were visited.
- Accomplished a schedule change request from the client but did not have room in his schedule to meet the request.
- Performed truck inspections; obtained flight plans; maintained flight plans; prepared flight plans; and secured lenders in escrow.
- Keep up with requirements for insurance, licenses, and bond in order to comply with lender guidelines and state laws in Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 8
- Eliminated human resource issues by ensuring the personal fit between the client and the employee.
- Gave clients tips on how to maintain their houses so they didn’t need to go through the hassle of selling them.
- The management teams decided to bring in a new consultant for this particular client after my year-long employment was over. I felt that this client would be a perfect fit for me since I was very familiar with their needs, goals, and desires concerning their home.
- Became the Director of Marketing for the company; helped develop search engine optimization (SEO) strategies.
- Attended all training programs for new employees, including field training programs.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 9
- Used a set of standard forms to conduct a home rehabilitation survey including a disability report, a home condition report, an energy-heat survey, and a housing condition survey.
- Used the Disability Report as it related to the City of Saginaw’s ADA requirements.
- Selected three or four jobs from jobs files as per client guidelines based on client needs and presented those jobs as well as the existing systems that need improvement.
- Reviewed bids for work done according to city code and identified problems.
- Saved money by not having the water shut off during rehab due to inspection violations.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 10
- Conducted intake on clients; evaluated client’s needs, interests, and expectations on property recovery.
- Performed initial assessments on property weaknesses; provided services necessary to make property inhabitable.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; professionally produced reports for the property owner; assessed property values; completed property recovery contracts according to contractual agreements.
- Prepared feasibility of rehabilitation plans with the assistance of the owner’s agent.
- Recognized by the regional supervisor for outstanding performance in rehabilitation counseling of low-income residences in the city of Sodus, New York.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 11
- Recruited and trained team members for rehabilitation programs managed by the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- Conducted orientation and assessment activities on behalf of the Corporation for National and Community Service’s Volunteer Rehabilitation Program, including providing one-on-one counseling, conducting individualized home visits, and developing individual rehabilitation plans.
- Developed a one-on-one counseling approach to communicating with program participants on their progress.
- Worked with participants to initiate, monitor, and finalize individualized rehabilitation plans.
- Developed a detailed work schedule and a budget for each participant.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 12
- Analyzed workers’ compensation cases, determining whether rehab services were appropriate.
- Diagnosed workers’ compensation injuries.
- Prescribed appropriate rehabilitative activities/services to injured workers.
- Developed reporting systems showing patient progress and care provided.
- Rewrote work restrictions based on doctors’ recommendations and reported weekly to the Department of Disability Determination Services (DDDS).
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 13
- Facilitated the six-step rehabilitation process for an organization of one hundred.
- Conducted workshops to inform employees on career opportunities, career advancement, and counseling strategies.
- Provided counseling services to individuals engaged in an internship.
- Led a team that provided career counseling for an organization of three hundred.
- Provided counseling services to individuals engaged in an internship regarding work values, job experiences, and self-assessments.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 14
- Achieved rating of 5 on the performance rating scale; received an award from my supervisor for exceeding goal.
- Received top rating on the performance rating scale; rated highest in peer review by all department heads and most peers.
- Promoted to a new position in a different department due to my outstanding work ethic and performance.
- Maintained a close working relationship with the marketing director, addressing the needs and concerns of clients, while communicating effectively with clients regarding marketing strategies.
- Attended continuing education seminar in developing rehabilitation plans for single-family residences using FHA guidelines.
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 15
- Helped the homeless, low-income families, and seniors find quality housing.
- Developed tools to help individuals make the transition to permanent housing following their eviction.
- Utilized statistics to determine closings for properties transitioning from public assistance to private lease assistance
- Performed analysis on neighborhood characteristics; recommended strategies for successful integration of new residents into communities.
- Coordinated with area schools in regards to transportation, homework clubs, and health education activities
Rehabilitation Counselor Resume Sample 16
- Achieved award for successfully implementing a successful corporate training program which increased corporate profits by 30%.
- Achieved award for increasing corporate profits by 20% through the implementation of a financial awareness campaign.
- Conducted a workshop on risk assessment and is recognized as an expert in employee process management.
- Improved turnaround time from 60 days to 30 days which is recognized as an outstanding achievement by upper-level management.
- In one year, reduced employee grievances from 100 to 2; recognized as the lead troubleshooter for any issues that arise at the workplace.
To work as a Rehabilitation Counselor, you must earn a master’s degree in rehabilitation counseling, and pass licensure from the National Counselor Examination External (NCE) and/or the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination External (NCMHCE). To become a certified rehabilitation counselor (CRC), you must pass the CRC examination. Rehabilitation Counselors are compassionate, and patient, and have listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.