A Professional Medical is someone who provides medical care at a hospital or clinic. Their duties are responding to patient medical concerns, ordering lab tests, maintaining patient and doctor confidentiality, reviewing medical records, deciding the course of treatment, and keeping up to date with medical developments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Professional Medical Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Professional Medical resumes for your reference.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 1
- Provided proficient nursing assessments; recognized as a professional clinician by peers and supervisors.
- Aided in the diagnosis and treatment of patients; rewarded for being a prolific contributor to patient care.
- Expedited invasive patient procedures with precision and accuracy; recognized nationally as one of the top 3% of nurse anesthetists in performance metrics.
- Implemented comprehensive plans for optimum care of patients; aided in the avoidance of disease transmission from medical equipment.
- Rejuvenated preoperative patients by instilling confidence and assuring their comfort levels; maintained 100% satisfaction rates in accordance with national standards for patient satisfaction.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 2
- Received appreciation award from medical office staff; managed and analyzed customer accounts ensuring that all deadlines were met along with a smooth patient flow.
- Developed innovative solution to coding procedures, which resulted in the office saving more than $10,000 in annual coding costs.
- Recognized for outstanding cost savings for the practice; achieved exceeding $100,000 in savings annually by streamlining business practices.
- For my continuing commitment to excellence and achievement as a Medical Assistant; I was awarded as STAR employee of the Year as well as won recognition from my peers and supervisors.
- Recognized by peers and supervisor as a ‘go to person’ for innovative solutions to practice challenges; nominated twice for Practice Award of Excellence.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 3
- Achieved award for outstanding performance on patient safety issue resolution.
- Obtained great satisfaction from the manner in which patient care was performed; corrected misdiagnoses, made appropriate referrals, and provided excellent customer service.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive “business plan” for the organization.
- Received awards on a consistent basis for organization performance, including but not limited to achieving leadership and extraordinary performance awards.
- Adhered to HIPAA and all other applicable laws and guidelines, while also addressing patient concerns.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 4
- Comprised statistic that increased department earnings by 10% during first year, by finding a way to track patient satisfaction ratings.
- Trained, recruited, and supervised volunteers for all events.
- Aided in development of standardized procedure for tracking patients’ visits, surgical history, and immunization records.
- Oversaw the implementation of a new standardized system for tracking surgeries; recognized by the Vice-President of Medical Operations for outstanding performance.
- Received appreciation from the Vice-President of Medical Operations; shifted focus away from administrative paperwork to improve quality of clinical care.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 5
- Recognized for providing excellent customer service as an Out-of-Network Dental Hygienist.
- Through the use of a medical software program, completed diagnosis and treatment within all scheduled time frames.
- Reviewed patient records and patient history to ensure accuracy and completeness in record keeping with regards to patient history, clinical findings, treatment plans, and progress notes.
- Worked closely with dentist to help prevent a relapse of tooth decay and gingivitis due to improper tooth brushing technique.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to dental visits.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 6
- Followed up on a patient complaint filed with the Joint Commission and discovered an error on the doctor’s part.
- Discovered error in insurance company code pertaining to bill.
- Contacted pharmaceutical representatives to arrange discounts for patients in an effort to maximize income.
- Discovered Medicare Overpayment; returned payment to the insurance company and credited it back to patient’s account.
- Received outstanding customer service excellence award; referred patients, responded to emails, and called patients with appointment or prescription changes.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 7
- Identified the nature and cause of a patient’s problem and described the rationale for treatment.
- Performed medical procedures such as lumbar puncture, thoracentesis, gastrostomy tube insertion, and catheterization.
- Performed a procedure within the scope of practice in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and professional standards.
- Diagnosed an acute or chronic illness or injury; counseled a patient about symptoms or prescribed medication for treatment of a disease or disorder.
- Exhibited knowledge of 1 or more conditions/diseases; identified possible sources of infection/toxicity; prescribed correct treatment given symptoms.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 8
- Completed a comprehensive history and physical examination of new patient in less than 20 minutes – record time.
- Earned the award for having the most effective one-on-one patient counseling techniques; resolved issues/concerns that were on-going.
- Established rapport with patients, allowing them to feel comfortable enough to share their deepest concerns.
- Achieved award for Outstanding Performance; achieved 100% compliance with all HIPAA guidelines and policies.
- Obtained certification as an EKG Technician, allowing the company to access a wider range of patients.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 9
- Educated patients on compliant use of a medical device, addressing concerns over cost, insurance coverage, and warranty requirements.
- Created policies to prevent future errors in patient care; implemented systems that improved efficiency by 33%.
- Achieved award for clinical excellence; developed and implemented a training program for all staff members that increased the level of service to patients by 15%.
- Promoted to Director of Nursing for outstanding achievements in clinical research; led the facility to receive accreditation from the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Awarded commendation from American Medical Association; revised policies and procedures and addressed gaps in staff education to attain Gold Seal certification.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 10
- Recognized as a nurse with outstanding clinical expertise for having participated in the implementation of changes to increase efficiency, reduce error and decrease costs.
- Awarded for resourcefulness and dedication as a result of implementing new processes to increase productivity.
- Recognized for excellence under pressure in an emergency; provided leadership to reduce stress among patients during an incident requiring evacuation.
- Rated among the top neurologists in the state; promoted by hospital administration as a result of effective staff management, improvement of patient satisfaction scores and reduction in errors.
- Recognized by the board when my suggestions resulted in reduced cost per surgery by over 20%.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 11
- Performed patient physicals and advised patients on health habits by using scientific principles, data interpretation, informing patients of risks and benefits of procedures, drugs, or therapies with positive results.
- Diagnosed and treated male infertility; counseled infertile and subfertile couples on alternative approaches to achieve pregnancy.
- Provided medical guidance by recommending a treatment program after reviewing the medical history, performing a physical examination and ordering lab tests.
- Achieved the highest level of medical certification, the CME.
- Attended continuing medical education seminars and presented papers on the management of disease-specific conditions.
Professional Medical Resume Sample 12
- Identified degenerative disease process in a 60 year old patient that was masked by existing conditions.
- Developed strategy to help business clients improve scheduling in a timely manner.
- Developed report on how to eliminate wasted time associated with an event log process.
- Drafted standards for training medical staff for the day-to-day operation of their department and created training materials for their use.
- Registered six new nurses, prepped equipment, and trained them to use the new wheelchairs.
To be considered for this role you will need a degree in biology, physics, and chemistry, a degree of medicine, five years of residency, and a license to practice medicine. A skilled doctor will have empathy, strong computer skills, strong communication skills, analytical skills, organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure,
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.