Professional Makeup Artist are specialized beauty practitioners who offer general cosmetics services, consultation on makeup techniques, and prosthetic design. Their duties include application of cosmetic products, creating custom makeup looks, consulting with clients on cosmetic application techniques, and creating custom prosthetic looks for costume purposes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Professional Makeup Artist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Professional Makeup Artist resumes for your reference.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 1
- Collaborate with stylist to create a variety of fresh and innovative looks for print and video editorial.
- Applied makeup to photographer, models, directors for photo shoots in New York City, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles.
- Established own freelance makeup artist business after graduating from Makeup Artist School.
- Pioneered new trends in high fashion by creating a series of abstract paintings that became the basis of runway looks for leading designers in Italy and Paris.
- Utilized knowledge of beauty to repair a model’s sunburned face prior to appearing on Good Morning America to increase public awareness about skin cancer treatment options.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 2
- Designed makeup concepts for advertising, catalogs, stage performances, television ads, and runway presentations.
- Collaborated with stylists to develop the most flattering looks for photographic shoots.
- Expertly crafted a variety of avant-garde looks including color blocking, contrast texture, optical illusions, monochromatic palettes, graphic geometry and fine art brushwork to convey diverse messages or moods.
- Created intricate special effect designs for horror films by layering prosthetic pieces with blood effects and extreme aging techniques.
- Developed training curriculum for makeup application techniques focusing on building core competencies in an accelerated learning environment using motivating teaching.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 3
- Estimated time for complete makeup application according to guidelines, facial features, skin type, and face shape.
- Aveda Makeup Artistry graduate of the New York Institute of Cosmetology; created a signature look for new customers at photo shoots.
- Assisted with hair removal using waxing, tweezing, threading, bleaching or chemical depilatories to remove unwanted hair from eyebrows or other parts of the body.
- Provided support before during and after surgery by applying creams and powders to pre-operative areas of patient’s bodies. Dressed wounds with gauze pads, cotton balls, adhesive tape.
- Presented mobile beauty business to beauty show; helped educate audience of attendees about topics such as skin rejuvenation, makeup application and hair removal.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 4
- Created a new look for a high-income customer, which secured her return and word of mouth business.
- Gathered acclaim as an industry leader by participating in educational seminars and conventions.
- Promoted talented artists through social media and online marketing techniques to increase exposure and grow the company presence amongst customers.
- Planned, implemented, and executed the Toronto Makeup Show, Canada’s largest such event with over 1,000 attendees.
- Pioneered initiatives in the Canadian cosmetics industry, being recognized by our suppliers for creative thinking.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 5
- Specialized in color-correction and corrective camouflage techniques that were hailed by clients.
- Earned a spot on the roster of professional makeup artists for a national bridal magazine who flew out to stage weddings around the world.
- Won a regional beauty pageant, received exclusive training from a former Miss USA.
- Implemented new techniques discovered during international business experience including corrective airbrushing painting and body anatomical detailing.
- Utilized hair styling skills with extensions, coloring, texturizers, relaxers, perms, updos, wedding styles and chemical smoothing treatments.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 6
- Managed a profitable business that provided beauty treatments and cosmetics to approximately 100 customers per week.
- Became a well-known makeup artist by creating unique looks for celebrity red carpet events.
- Developed a keen sense of color coordination after working with clients from all cultural backgrounds and walks of life.
- Promoted positive self image through the use of make-up, skin care products, and fashion accessories during personal consultations.
- Enthralled teenage girls as their ‘boyfriend proof’ makeover specialist during one summer as mall kiosk manager.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 7
- Enhanced my client’s image and confidence by applying professional makeup; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of clients.
- Pioneered and designed a unique beauty technique that can be applied to men and women, all skin types, with outstanding results.
- Created lasting relationships through strong customer service skills within an upscale salon environment.
- Developed an extensive cosmetic line for application as well as networking tools such as business cards, brochures, gift bags, product packaging design.
- Ambitious work ethic lead me to open up my own studio where I apply beauty services for complete self-expression with exceptional results.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 8
- Gained extensive knowledge of the most effective and efficient use of makeup for cinematographic purposes.
- Collaborated with designers, stylists, hair dressers, models, and photographers to produce photo shoots that reflect their vision.
- Aware of most current makeup trends and techniques; regularly consult fashion magazines and beauty blogs.
- Proficient in creating make up looks according to skin tone, face shape, features and coloring – as well as eye color.
- Knowledgeable about different types of foundations (liquid, cream or powder), blushes (powder or cream), primers (foundation or moisturizer) concealers (gel stick or liquid).
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 9
- Determined that cosmetic lines were effective in skin tone, texture, and product adhesion while conducting consumer testing.
- Planned advertising strategies by researching demographic information for target audience.
- Designed marketing layout and wrote copy to promote new cosmetics line by looking for ways to increase potential sales.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to create communication materials; designed tools to help the field sell products at Trade Shows.
- Developed new techniques in the use of red color makeup suitable for theatrical productions; recognized by college professor for originality.
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 10
- Maintain skin and hair health, and wellness.
- Present complete physical appearance through application of industry-specific techniques and products.
- Educate clients on daily skin care regimens including cleansing alternatives and masking recommendations.
- Enhance individual beauty using both natural and artistic approaches to makeup artistry for fashion photography shoots, commercials, theater productions, high fashion editorials, red carpet premieres, bridal parties, live television appearances.
- Achieve total perfection by applying flawless makeup enhanced with theatrical lighting for print media such as billboards spreads in magazines such as Vanity Fair, Vogue Cover to Cover (UK), Grazia (UK).
Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 11
- Participated in a contest to win a high-profile photo shoot with a local photographer and won for their beauty look.
- Designed, styled, and executed eight different looks to coincide with upcoming seasons at multiple fashion shows.
- Implemented over 200 makeup kits for bridal parties, including 36 trials of wedding makeup applications.
- Trained junior artists on the fundamentals of makeup application to keep clients satisfied while senior artists conduct other business activities.
- Training new talent at Cosmo Beauty College; instructing hands-on courses, teaching students how to practice complete makeovers on mannequin heads using basic tools and products.
To become a Professional Makeup Artist you need a degree from a specialized beauticians school and obtain a state cosmetology license. Professional Makeup Artists must demonstrate knowledge of light and color, understanding of stylistic design, attention to detail, creative mindset, exceptional listening skills, interpersonal skills, and extensive product knowledge.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Professional Makeup Artist Resume Samples
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 1
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 2
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 3
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 4
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 5
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 6
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 7
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 8
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 9
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 10
- Professional Makeup Artist Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up