Planning Engineers create economic models and engineering designs for projects in an organization. Their duties include reviewing production schedules or engineering specifications, developing management control systems, designing control systems, authorizing quality control procedures, collaborating with clients about product specifications, and figuring out how to manufacture products with maximum efficiency.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Planning Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Planning Engineer resumes for your reference.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Produced plans for the addition of two 6-story buildings to an existing 10-story hospital.
- Improved schedule performance by 37% compared to industry standard with productivity gains of 12%; recognized by QA/QC Supervisor.
- Developed office network infrastructure including staff desktops, purchased equipment, set up software applications and user accounts, and trained all employees in computer use.
- Identified thermal imbalances during safety inspections; saved money through reduction in energy consumption improving life cycle cost analysis data on HVAC systems.
- Repaired drafts of city water supply survey using AutoCAD civil 3D; met deadlines on time while exceeding customer expectations.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Provided professional engineering services for a variety of land development projects.
- Identified and resolved several design problems with the assistance of other engineers to meet client requirements.
- Utilized knowledge in water resources to perform technical studies, prepare plans and specifications, estimate costs, and inspect construction for public/private agencies.
- Managed an office from start to finish, including recruiting employees, workflow management company deadlines and training new recruits.
- Introduced a new procedure for managing invoices in order to reduce time spent on administrative tasks during peak months by 50%.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Developed work plan and budget to build a new bridge over a critical bottleneck, saving the company $11 million in construction costs.
- Designed two software tools for managing projects, reducing project schedule time by 10% and increasing productivity by 15%.
- Planned and conducted six successful cross-country trips without any serious incidents or accidents.
- Implemented four cost reduction projects that saved company $20 million in expenditures during fiscal year.
- Completed program team assignment ahead of schedule helping organization meet objectives on time.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Collaborated on the development of a campus-wide traffic and parking program.
- Developed and implemented design standards for roadway, drainage, and sidewalk planning.
- Planned and conducted activities to increase public safety on roads, sidewalks, and intersections as related to new residents moving onto campus.
- Evaluated relevant software programs for trial use by city departments; recommended purchase of an appropriate application after extensive testing.
- Conducted research into new technologies that would assist with production reporting; identified benefits including increased accuracy and reduced labor costs, which led to a successful implementation of a ‘new’ technology. (Applied information from textbook “Successful Resumes For Professionals In The 21st Century”).
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Performed civil engineering project cost estimating and preparation of bid documents.
- Provided professional assistance in the investigation and resolution of material testing issues, review of geotech reports, and cost analysis.
- Successfully identified and resolved concerns with building conditions and compliance for a $150 million renovation project at the federal courthouse in downtown Chicago.
- Developed solutions for major structural deficiencies which included placement of shoring systems to provide temporary support while permanent repairs were made to cracked footings under four corner columns of drive-in area.
- Earned 3rd place runner up award at 2012 Golden Trowel Competition, judged by industry professionals on technical paper presentation, company display board, progress slides, and company interviews.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Collaborated with the City of Houston Planning Department to study traffic patterns, develop computer models for work zone transportation, and implement plans for downtown development.
- Provided support during Hurricane Ike, coordinating utility relocations for $20 million in projects.
- Developed long-range management plans that positively affected operations by increasing accuracy and reducing costs.
- Pioneered new ideas which increased workflow efficiency within the planning department using the latest in CAD/BIM technology.
- Authored technical reports, presented findings at national conferences, and made appearances on local news outlets garnering much attention to Transportation Planning Division’s cause.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Reviewed and analyzed cost estimates for a variety of engineering-related developments (e.g., new construction, renovation, site improvement).
- Designed roadway plans to resolve drainage issues; planned specifically to accommodate new development in the sphere of interstate highways.
- Researched new business growth opportunities with regard to contract bidding, logistics management, and materials/equipment storage (10% project participation).
- Planned geotechnical exploration work for deep foundations installation at Site E; collaborated with sub-contractors on specific excavation depths (20% project participation).
- Implemented scheduling programs for transportation infrastructure projects; derived best value of competitive bid proposals by analyzing qualitative data relating to price, quality, and time (10% project participation).
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Planned, designed and conducted studies that met requirements in a timely manner.
- Reviewed design for a variety of projects to ensure compliance with federally mandated regulations, then prepared reports in accordance with detailed specifications.
- Oversaw the inspection process from beginning to end when working on industrial projects within a contracting firm.
- Collaborated with other engineers in order to complete tasks such as designing water treatment facilities or plans for buildings simultaneously.
- Developed strategic vision based upon scientific research and analysis; led efforts toward completion of regional conservation plan.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Designed, updated, and managed public use accessibility programs for curbs, sidewalks, trails, etc.
- Used AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce Plat Books of subdivision lots with roads/structures/utilities/hazards.
- Conducted field engineering tasks which included hydrographic surveying that involved high-accuracy GPS measurements of water elevations.
- Worked with technical staff members to coordinate the design submission review process between Engineering & the State DOT.
- Contributed in participating in emergency response teams during Hurricane Katrina disaster relief efforts.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Developed an integrated development plan for aging infrastructure using GIS technology; recognized by the Director of Planning for outstanding performance.
- Performed as team lead on feasibility studies involving intergovernmental cooperation between city and county governments.
- Effectively led the design process for industrial subdivision roads by coordinating with public works, state transportation department, and utility companies; ensured compliance with code requirements before construction began.
- Successfully handled Civil Rights Act Title VI issues regarding impacts to water quality during interstate highway widening project.
- Pioneered new approaches to cost-saving strategies in transportation engineering during two years of employment at top consulting firm.
Planning Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Supported project teams by providing planning and bundling input.
- Calculated quantities for plan, design, and estimate (PDE) reports; performed cost analysis on projects; performed material take-offs; performed as-built drawings; provided support to contract administration services.
- Participated in the LEED v4 Green Associate study sessions and exam.
- Honored with a company award for selection as Best Overall Engineer of the Year.
- Identified potential environmental impacts resulting from construction activities by utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
To work as a Planning Engineer, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent, and previous work experience is preferred. Planning Engineers must demonstrate excellent analytical skills, communication skills, attention to detail, math skills, organizational skills, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.