A MIS manger resolves issues and develops products related to databases and network systems. A MIS manager’s responsibilities include implementing Cat5E to support certain routings, developing use for VOIP phones, utilizing client server applications, developing various VLANS in order to split traffic, breaking up broadcast domains, and installing Dell SonicWALL firewalls.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mis Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mis Manager resumes for your reference.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 1
- Achieved award for implementing innovative procedures for cost reduction and increased productivity to the company.
- Recognized as Team Player of the Month; reviewed IT applications and made recommendations that resulted in efficiency gains from $22,000/mo to $30,000/mo.
- Introduced program to automate SQL queries in order to reduce manual processing from 3 hrs/month to 15 minutes/month; reduced manual processing by $7500/yr.
- Received appreciative letter from CFO for cost savings related to Automated Interface System (AIS).
- Authored white paper on User-Defined Field Execution; examined and documented business functions of over $300 million in annual revenue.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 2
- Directly supervised and managed onsite employees in performing the activities of an MIS Manager.
- Appropriately set up and maintained company’s computers to properly operate as systems to users.
- Effectively planned, staffed, budgeted and managed project activities as well as staff performance.
- Provided technical assistance to users and other departments.
- For direction, provided a productive work environment for employees; established and maintained good communication with employees.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 3
- Met the commitments of my group by completing assigned applications and developing programs to handle business needs.
- Trained employees on how to use computerized procedures, ensuring error-free transactions.
- Coded and developed databases, tracking software, and interfaces across multiple platforms; acknowledged by top-level management for outstanding accomplishment.
- Expedited reporting requirements by researching and analyzing data; completed tasks in a timely manner.
- Integrated newly acquired software systems into existing infrastructure; brought organization up to date with technology.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 4
- Achieved a profit using innovative solutions based on industry trends in customer service; reduced training costs by 30 percent.
- Exceeded performance goals and exceeded our region’s quota for new accounts by 15 percent; recognized at regional meeting for contributing to a 40 percent increase in sales during the last three months of the fiscal year.
- Reduced misunderstandings and improved employee efficiency with higher quality training programs.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 5
- Designed, developed, and implemented an enterprise-wide project management application to support the IT department.
- Trained staff in what a certified individual uses to manage project costs by using a cost estimating model; compiled and reported on details of five IT projects for review by management.
- Took initiative and delved into finding solutions for partners’ needs even though he was not required as a vendor.
- Supervised four subordinates; served as mentor to college interns by training them on best practices for working with supervisors.
- Demonstrated dedication to employees through his interactions with others; demonstrated willingness to put in extra hours without pay so others can work more hours without pay.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed and directed the setup, installation, maintenance, and repair of computer equipment and related software applications.
- Resolved complex network and systems problems on customer networks; identified solutions to problems with T1 lines, routers, switches, and frame relay connections.
- Developed integrated security framework for customer-based software system; worked with developers to create access policies.
- Initiated the implementation of a large-scale storage area network (SAN) environment by researching available products on the market; assisted in migrating data files across multiple platforms.
- Achieved outstanding rating in all performance appraisals; actively involved in resolving major customer issues within a short period of time.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 7
- Proactively identified IT management issues and developed solutions to increase productivity.
- Collaborated with business managers to develop alternative systems and procedures for improving the performance of the technology staff during peak transaction periods.
- Received award for outstanding customer service, as a result of delivering fast, accurate information to customers in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Recognized for ensuring that the technology operation is compliant with federal, state and local regulations through accurate completion of government forms.
- Presented proposal to management that resulted in 6% reduction in overall IT expenditures; recognized as an exemplary team player by the Director of MIS.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 8
- Developed and implemented best practices for information technologies.
- Maintained high standard for performance and quality in service to clients.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively coordinated with others, including managers, in promoting a client-focused culture that enhanced industry performance.
- Achieved award for excellent growth in new business, expanding day to day coverage of clients’ information technology needs through implementation of best practices.
- Met or exceeded customer satisfaction expectations; effectively facilitated the implementation of new systems that enhanced the efficiency of operations while enhancing customer satisfaction levels.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 9
- Accurately monitored the network, maintained security, documented downtime and resolved system problems according to IT protocols.
- Conducted staff development training programs for end users; led a team of Customer Service Representatives in providing excellent customer service in assisting end-users with their computer problems through remote access.
- Originally developed an online tutorial for desktop computers and laptops that was used by the entire department to train customers on basic functions of their computers.
- Orchestrated the preparation and implementation of an effective disaster recovery plan that ensured continuity of operations in the event of a business disruption.
- Assisted in the creation of a training program for new hires that provided an overview of computer operations, concepts and functions.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 10
- Installed, configured and integrated business software applications.
- Trained staff on use of software applications.
- Responsible for the selection, installation, configuration and integration of computer hardware; increased efficiency and productivity with changeover to new systems.
- Assisted in the development of data warehouses with strong customer service focus; client satisfaction metrics exceeded industry standards by greater than 50 percent.
- Implemented cost savings for customer service department through reduction in telephone bill costs.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 11
- Researched, developed, and documented new ways to support the business’ need for increased functionality and flexibility.
- Streamlined project management methodology, led by example, empowered team members to challenge old constraints and deliver results to tight schedules.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams across the organization to foster communication and improve overall efficiency.
- Recognized by fellow employees as a mentor who has inspired others through example and shared knowledge.
- Fostered an atmosphere of trust based on integrity; credit for increased levels of productivity among peers resulting from mutual respect and personal motivation.
MIS Manager Resume Sample 12
- Proven to possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills during the development of a new business unit.
- Positively contributed to the development of an internal operations improvement program while dealing with changing demands coming from within and outside the organization.
- Effectively presented data to management concerning needs and benefits of new technology products, products in progress, and cost savings resulting from technological improvements.
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding risk management concepts; successfully implemented a plan to identify risks associated with new applications relying on Oracle processes for data processing.
- Effectively managed personnel contributing to a smooth transition as project manager as well as future planning for new hardware/software applications.
To become a MIS manager, a bachelor’s degree in computer science is required. An MIS manager must be an expert with computers, must be diligent, must be detail-oriented, must be analytical, must keep current with technological trends, must be a problem-solver, and must be creative.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.