A management manager is in charge of caring for and maintaining their employer’s building. They do this by making sure that everything is working or up to date and by having maintenance workers repair anything that needs to be fixed. They could also be In charge of making budget cost reports from repair and maintenance or may even have to do certain tasks like repair themselves sometimes.
How to Become a Successful Maintenance Manager?
A high school diploma or a GED (general education diploma) and experience in maintenance or a related field like plumbing or electricity. You can make up for lack of experience by going to community college or vocational school to learn the skills you need to be a maintenance manager.
You can also just start out by getting a job as a maintenance worker or maintenance man to get the experience and skills you need to become a maintenance manager.
Another way to become a maintenance manager is by taking a certification course like certified maintenance manager (CMM) and passing the exam to get your certificate. Then later on you just have to renew your certification every two years.
To be a successful maintenance manager the necessary skills are just to have experience and to take whichever course you feel is best for you to learn all that you need to know about maintenance management.
The Best Maintenance Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Maintenance Manager resumes for your reference.
- Provides strong leadership and technical expertise to maintain existing procedures and continuous improvement.
- Acted as the main point of contact for all maintenance management operations.
- Recommend measures to improve conditions and operations of machines and equipment.
- Maintain records and track work orders, spare parts and maintenance history of equipment and more through computerized system.
- Lead automation and building efficiency projects; total measurable savings exceed US$6MM.
- Consistently achieved yearly energy bill reduction through consumption optimization, installation of solar power systems and tariff negotiations with distributor of over US$400K for the last four years.
- This is $400K less every year with the previous year’s closing figure as a baseline.
- Managed to install parallel power metering systems nationwide for bill comparison with the utility provider, emergency power generation monitoring and branch office support.
- Managed an Ultra Luxury Property with 140 units, an outside pool exercise room and 2 club houses located in Pearl River NY.
- Experienced in Personnel Management, Record keeping, Budget preparation, Vender experience and Strong computer skills.
- Walked all units with Construction and Management before tenant occupancy. Scheduled repairs for contractor in occupied units.
- Directs activities of maintenance staff in changeover, repair, preventive maintenance, spare parts stocking and calibrations.
- Prepared labor and expense operating budgets, evaluates and ensures achievement of budget objectives.
- Clearly define and align departmental goals in support of the technical and operational aspect of production.
- Administers daily functioning of properties – Inspects sites regularly to ensure compliance with organizational established policies, safety measures and quality standards.
- Manages financial operations of various properties – Payments for maintenance and others.
- Analyzes and calculates all essential information required, such as the physical condition of the buildings and grounds surrounding the buildings.
- Effectively assists tenants with complaints and resolves them in a quick and professional manner.
- Efficiently scheduled apartment maintenance (turnover) within company standards.
- Created and maintained, by priority, list of all common areas and landscape maintenance, meeting company standards for property appearance.
- Investigated equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation and made appropriate maintenance recommendations.
- Inspects, operates, and test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Cleans or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Repairs or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassembles equipment.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Knowledge and ability to use methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in Custodial Repair work, carpentry, light electrical, plumbing, marble and ceramic tile work.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices for the area of work assigned.
- Profound knowledge of appropriate responses for emergency situations.
- Very well organized and comfortable working in a multi-tasking project-oriented environment; known as a “highly organized and productive employee”.
- Responsible for two facility’s operations including production equipment, utilities, mechanical and power presses, etc.
- Updated an aged, empty building complex to useful status and upgrade sizable space to food-ready storage condition.
- Upgrade lighting and oversee maintenance of 16-forklift fleet and associated work tasks for my staff.
- Design and build production equipment machinery and maintain the sprinkler and security/fire alarm systems.
- Responsible for the managing the planning, and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities.
- Planning, budgets and schedules facility and equipment preventative maintenance, modifications including estimates on equipment and other related costs.
- Lead and give direction to maintenance mechanics on daily activities and assign and re-assign duties.
- Implement cost rationalization programs validating expenditure needs such as buy new, repair or effectively communicate the financial impact of not repairing scenarios to bring clarity to the budgeted spend.
- Strong business acumen, able to manage an annual repair and maintenance budgeted spend in excess of $2.0MM.
- Develop a capital budget system to reduce repair and maintenance spending while increasing equipment uptime.
- Responsible for project direction and coordination on new power services to plant including replacement of 2500kva transformer and power line redesign that has doubled the ROI in 6 months and removed incident power outages.
- Developed and implemented projects to increase efficiency of waste water treatment and decrease solid waste disposal and equalize chemical treatment with an annual ROI of 16K.
- Developing plant maintenance strategies using MSGIII logic and smoothing maintenance costs and labor across resources yearly.