Lawn care specialists help individual clients and organizations with their yard maintenance needs. Lawn care specialists are tasked with a range of responsibilities including analyzing lawn conditions and designing customized treatment plans, applying pesticides and herbicides to treat weeds and insect infestations, design of greenery and planting of grass and flowers, managing customer relationships, coordinating with customers and supervisors to create lawn diagnostic reports, and providing effective services to increase sales.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Lawn Care Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Lawn Care Specialist resumes for your reference.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Inventoried the contents of a rental home’s storage shed to determine what supplies would be needed to care for property.
- Effectively managed and repaired properties from Phase I through construction completion, including pre-stressing work in both soils and rock foundations.
- Trained new employees on proper planting procedures, equipment operation, weed control techniques, and customer relations methods.
- Successfully competed against 3 competitors in a promotional rebate contest by collecting feedback from 75 homeowners concerning quality lawn care services received within 12 months.
- Showcased leadership capabilities while completing paving projects at multiple locations throughout Indiana; displayed creative thinking when resolving challenges with project plans.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Made lawn and weed-free.
- Installed and wired a water feature and fountain for a local business.
- Successfully attained sellout of $200,000 in services within six months; recognized by the manager for outstanding performance.
- Prepared contract proposals to win 8 out of 9 home improvement jobs with an average job value of over $15,000 each.
- Handled customer accounts in accordance with accounting regulations; maintained accurate cost records for billing and payroll purposes.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Managed a team of six staff in maintaining over 1,000 residential and commercial accounts.
- Contributed to a record quarterly revenue increase after hire by increasing client retention, cross-selling services, and leading a team of five technicians.
- Reduced cost per account through effective management of work estimates for jobs that were later completed within the estimate or without changing the estimate based on improved performance from subcontractors.
- Invented an automated weed feeding system that reduced hourly equipment rental costs by approximately 60% ($1,500/day).
- Hi-lighted in high stress situations with clients during emergency service calls including floods, fallen trees, property damage due to fires.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Performed and completed the first phase of the three-tier lawn care treatment for a homeowner consisting of weeding, yard clean up, and fertilizing.
- Completed landscape maintenance duties which included pruning bushes and trees as well as mowing lawns.
- Became certified as an arborist after completing nearly 50 hours worth of course work; awarded by International Society of Arboriculture.
- Identified common tree ailments such as fungus infections, insect infestations, and structural problems; repaired broken limbs using wire supports to ensure proper healing.
- Developed special tools to help perform tasks more hygienically including customized gloves that allow to pick up trash with their fingertips while protecting their nails.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Responsible for the upkeep of over 100 homes.
- Cut grass and performed general maintenance on a weekly basis to meet company standards.
- Known as a dependable employee, seldom missed a day of work.
- Received appreciation from clients by being able to complete small repair jobs.
- Recognized for ability to clean shrubbery around houses without damaging the plants or nearby structures after finishing first in a company competition.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Mower, pruned, fertilized lawns of 30 homes weekly.
- Repaired mowers and installed equipment to the highest standards of the company by replacing transmissions, blades, wheels, hoses, etc.
- Provided exceptional customer service of all clients by liaising with each of them on their servicing needs.
- Trained three new employees to provide quality services of lawn care at competitive rates.
- Handled over 50 phone calls per day from customers requiring immediate response for lawn maintenance issues. Showed excellence in skills.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Designed and supervised the installation of five new outdoor lighting fixtures at $75,000.00 to $150,000.00 per-lighting structure; included conduit work for underground wiring.
- Installed flagstone walkways/patios to precede main entrance; built walls surrounding property encompassing three acres; created drainage system during extensive landscaping renovation.
- Cut trees away from powerlines, repaired shingles on roof, replaced broken windows, installed gutters that would not leak by using approved materials and methods including flashing.
- Controlled growth of grass around three sides of house including removal of wild rose bushes along driveway; installed 6ft fence around backyard patio area with no existing foundation.
- Repaired broken locks on doors, loose debris in gutters, gutter problems, uprooted 5ft tall weeds, repaired sprinkler system, removed debris from in front of garage.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Responsible for lawn care service at five different commercial properties to include fertilization, weed control, mowing, trimming and cleanup.
- Performed basic engine maintenance by changing oil, oil filters, air filters, fuel filters and spark plugs.
- Provided various services to customers ranging from snow removal to gutter cleaning safely while working in all weather conditions.
- Repaired yard irrigation system by replacing failed valves and making piping repairs as needed.
- Responded quickly to emergencies such as gas line breaks or electrical outages providing customers with solutions when required.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Completed extensive landscaping and yard work for all residence on a regular schedule.
- Developed lawn care program for new residents, ensuring that it is planting more flowers, trees, bushes to increase property value.
- Implemented earth friendly fertilizing techniques to reduce impact on the environment.
- Oversaw day-to-day operations of herbicide spraying plans to accurately control weed growth in residential areas of homeowner associations.
- Protected customer’s investment by faithfully maintaining the homeowner contract guidelines through proper fertilization of lawns during drought conditions.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Trim trees, bushes, and cut grass to provide customers with a safe environment for their families.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of plant life after five years as a journeyman landscape designer; responsible for the design and installation of public gardens.
- Improved the surrounding environment through year-round care of over 100 species of plants; recognized by Robert Young as an outstanding Landscape Technician.
- Provided proper maintenance for over 200 different species of shrubs at clients’ residences; recognized by several organizations for excellence in landscaping practice.
- Provided effective service to all clients after completing Landscaping Technician Training (LTT) certification course; acquired skills related to professional standards and practices in the landscaping industry.
Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Achieved industry-recognized status of “Master Lawn Care Specialist.”
- Received award from the Homeowners Association for exemplary service during a two-month period.
- Adhered to strict safety guidelines and procedures while operating mowers, tractors, trimmers, edgers, blowers, and leaf vacuums.
- Maintained an impeccably clean work site at all times according to company requirements; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Attended seminars on lawn care that improved my abilities in fertilization techniques and soil cultivation methods.
This job requires at least a high school diploma, with a 2-year degree in landscape being a plus. Essential skills of a lawn care specialist are attention to safety, excellent physical strength and stamina, an attention to detail, experience with customer service and working within a team, strong communication skills, and a thorough understanding of advanced lawn care techniques and equipment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Lawn Care Specialist Resume Samples
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Lawn Care Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up