Help desk supervisors provide management of IT functions at a company. Their duties include managing the service desk, offering support for clients, ensuring that service levels are met, providing leadership and guidance for service desk personnel, maintaining maximum system uptime, and fostering partnerships between IT and business units.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Help Desk Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Help Desk Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Improved customer satisfaction by 30% in the third quarter; achieved company sales goal for new software sales.
- Identified, developed, and trained two new support staff; improved sales from $200,000 to $350,000 and received recognition from General Manager.
- Achieved award for excellence in management; achieved a satisfactory performance review from HR Director.
- Recommended and initiated changes that reduced server downtime by 50%.
- Achieved award for outstanding achievement; earned $35K in annual incentive plan as incentive manager.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Planned and organized, contingent on requests from supervisors, help desk.
- Installed and maintained computer hardware & software.
- Managed the help desk for more than 300 users.
- Demonstrated customer service skills when assisting customers seeking IT support; knowledgeable in Microsoft products, including Office suite applications and web services.
- Achieved award for accuracy with regularity; organized data entry, accurate tracking of errors & exceptions, presented to divisional manager daily.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Supervised 7 employees; managed and maintained a safe, secure, and professional environment.
- Won employee of the year award for outstanding customer service and mentoring; led team to obtain quota.
- Conducted daily maintenance on customer’s PCs; completed up-to-date data backups and installation of new systems.
- Completed PC rollouts for 3 districts within the city in less than 6 months; awarded as an employee of the month for saving the company $100,000.
- Accrue an 85% customer satisfaction score in less than 6 months; implemented computer rollouts in two different districts within one year.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Met the company’s qualification requirements by successfully completing on-the-job training.
- Promoted from entry-level clerk to the manager of the Help Desk; earned respect from peers and district managers for my leadership and dedication to customer service.
- Oversaw a staff of 6 technicians; implemented training programs, rewarded employees, and presided over weekly staff meetings to address concerns.
- Prioritized workloads in order to minimize downtime and maximize revenues; directed staff in resolving software conflicts and hardware malfunctions via Internet/intranet troubleshooting, repair procedures, network upgrades, and replacement of failed units.
- In recognition of my dedication and performance, received a Special Achievement Award; recognized by HR Director, District Manager, and Regional Manager for outstanding help desk service; earned many awards throughout this tenure.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- A developed new training program for technicians; increased test scores by 25%.
- Established policies and procedures for managing and maintaining inventory; cut company spending on supplies by $30,000.
- Recovered lost data in the flash drive after the manufacturer said it was not recoverable; saved company $80,000 in possible litigation fees.
- Returned $5 million investment in existing systems to state-of-the-art technology.
- Switched from manual to an electronic filing system that saved the company 12% of its current budget.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Supervised two help desks; maintained 24/7 customer service and excellent customer satisfaction scores, while adhering to the banks’ policies regarding all employees.
- Conducted training classes on a timely basis; offered technical advice to employees.
- Participated in monthly pay-for-performance counseling sessions with a 3% increase, when allowed by the bank.
- Achieved award for being an excellent role model for employees who had less than one year of experience at the job; provided significant assistance to new employees, by exhibiting patience, patience, and patience. Worked on a contingency basis.
- Achieved award for a 100% rating from our customers; creating a safe, calm and cheerful environment for them to voice their concerns.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Managed a staff of 8 and the daily operations of a help desk for a nationwide financial institution. Trained employees on software programs, such as Metavante, Intuit, and PeopleSoft; emphasized quality service to clients.
- Developed action plans for improvement in customer service; implemented customer feedback process in dealing with vendors; rewarded employees for outstanding performance in customer service.
- Scheduled and coordinated staff training sessions; updated team members on new software programs; focused on positive employee interactions and morale.
- Increased overall productivity by 200% when assigned 50 additional accounts per day; received special recognition from VP of Customer Service Department.
- Achieved award for performance; increased overall productivity and effectiveness by 30%.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Managed a 13-person staff; successfully trained employees in technical support and customer service skills.
- Streamlined the organization of user accounts to simplify complex network issues; resolved customer’s issues in less than 15 minutes, per client feedback.
- Trained staff to recognize security violators and strengthen accounts against future intrusion; suggested new initiatives including more frequent account verifications.
- Achieved recognition as a high performer by corporate; affected the daily productivity of 25 users by 25%.
- Prevented costly downtime on network infrastructure; minimized user account suspensions while maintaining high levels of customer service.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Managed 85+ customer service agents per month; consistently attained and maintained the highest call volumes for the period.
- Inspired and guided other salespeople to exceed customer satisfaction goals.
- Achieved award for productivity; accurately processed 50+ loans per month.
- Achieved award for teamwork; participated in effective teamwork initiatives with loan processors & appraisers.
- Achieved award for quality; accurately processed 50+ loans per month.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Prioritized, resolved, and coordinated critical customer service issues; provided customers with exceptional customer service.
- Implemented a proactive call monitoring plan through the use of internal and external monitors. Achieved high call resolution rates within acceptable timeframes in response to calls and requests.
- Adhered to strict employee handbook rules while promoting a positive work environment.
- Achieved award for monitoring superstar, maintaining high call resolution rates within the timeframes established by the company.
- Achieved award for achieving projected call resolution rates; met goals while providing exceptional customer service.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Correctly assigned priority to customers’ calls; provided recommendations to other service centers.
- Helped resolve issues with systems and applications; migrated accounts to new servers.
- Easily handled multiple tasks at a time; re-directed busy work to partners when no one else was available.
- Stated call goal on every call, and often achieved it, as well as followed up with the customer when goals were not met or exceeded.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; maintained 5-star rating on feedback survey of customers who attended training sessions on Microsoft Office products.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Balanced IT expectations for multiple departments by streamlining processes and reducing costs.
- Closed more than $5,000 worth of open tickets in a single day; recognized by the Director of Technology for outstanding performance.
- Created departmental standards by attending team meetings and seeking feedback.
- Achieved award for exceeding expectations; demonstrated ability to handle several projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Achieved award as a stress-management specialist; proactively addressed multiple issues before they became crises.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Successfully implemented the vendor’s centralized help desk to the benefit of all users; took online calls, found solutions to technical issues, and directed users to appropriate help desk personnel.
- Ensured that all user-generated data was secure, accurate, and acted in a timely manner; special concern for internal companies visitors.
- Effectively updated/downloaded the company’s internal help desk databases.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; maintained high standards of ethics in accordance with company guidelines.
- Achieved award for productivity; completed 25+ calls per day. Held on-call status during peak hours.
Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 14
- Responsible for daily operations of the Help Desk; supervised and trained 2 part-time and 6 full-time Help Desk Techs.
- Defined daily work routines for Techs who were assigned to offshore projects, making sure all tasks were completed in a timely manner.
- Created a detailed process to assist in achieving goals; served as a model for my employees while demonstrating the importance of accuracy.
- Managed segmented projects that increased efficiency and customer satisfaction; contributed to team’s success by sharing knowledge and training others on new processes.
- Achieved award for team excellence; recognized and appreciated by my peers.
To work as a help desk supervisor, you should have an associate’s degree in IT or related field. Help desk supervisors should demonstrate service desk experience, management experience, critical thinking, good communication skills, fluency in English, the ability to work independently, and the ability to work in groups.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Help Desk Supervisor Resume Samples
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Help Desk Supervisor Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up