Health professionals cover a vast range of jobs but are primarily responsible for providing any of the many services surrounding healthcare. Their duties broadly include consulting on health matters, recommending treatments, discussing hygiene and healthy living, providing medical testing or screening, and interpreting ailment symptoms.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Health Professional Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Health Professional resumes for your reference.
Health Professional Resume Sample 1
- Learned about an individual’s likes and dislikes; developed a relationship with them; and helped them to better understand their condition.
- Brought together family members in order to help them resolve stressful conflicts.
- Discovered the root cause of health problems within individuals and families; organized workshops for self-improvement.
- Reached out to others with similar injuries so they could support one another, using the power of positive thinking to deal with difficult situations.
- Helped individuals direct their own healing process, understanding that everyone has the ability within themselves to achieve recovery.
Health Professional Resume Sample 2
- Learned and maintained up-to-date knowledge of the most current DSM and ICD diagnostic classifications.
- Presented at weekly seminars which resulted in enhanced clinical skill set and greater competency of the various treatment modalities and treatment of various diagnoses.
- Provided individual, group, family, marital, and family therapy to an assigned caseload for each service delivery site.
- Earned recognition as outstanding therapist; provided debriefings for new staff on procedural information exhibited during initial training sessions.
- Led weekly meeting to discuss treatment process and adherence to center policies.
Health Professional Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated superb leadership and team building skills as a member and captain of the company’s Junior Varsity soccer team.
- Avoided termination and was commended for creating a safe environment for the residents by properly identifying signs of disturbance.
- Promoted to lead therapist after one year on the job, contributing to a 5% increase in sales.
- Presented an award for securing sales during a time when annual sales had declined 10% nationally; recognized as an effective leader by director of sales and company owner.
- Received letter of appreciation from state department for implementing creative marketing strategies; saved the company $100,000 and increased client base by 25%.
Health Professional Resume Sample 4
- Conformed to hospital policies and procedures by completing HIPAA compliance training course.
- Wrote discharge summary for psychiatric patient in accordance with state regulations.
- Received recognition for outstanding patient care; documented therapy sessions for two persons with developmental disabilities.
- Proactively identified client care issues with the Director of Nursing; received award for improving client care within nursing department.
- Provided crisis intervention to clients with suicidal ideation; recognized by peers with peer chosen award.
Health Professional Resume Sample 5
- Assessed a patient in a timely manner in order to provide quality treatment for the patient.
- Demonstrated excellent clinical skills, including encouraging positive reinforcement and general knowledge about human growth and development.
- Worked independently in order to meet exceptionally high standards of care and notifying the patient’s family about the need for future appointment even when the time is critical.
- Maintained excellent clinical skills, including empathy and appropriate situation & situation handling.
Health Professional Resume Sample 6
- Effectively diagnosed and treated patients so as to promote mental, emotional, and physical health.
- Adopted an evidence-based approach examining demographic data coupled with psychometric assessments so as to implement evidence-based practices.
- Educated therapy clients regarding their condition/s to encourage adherence to treatment, personal goals, lifestyle changes, and medication regimens.
- Administered therapy sessions by effectively assessing patient behavior or ability to participate in therapy, adhering to applicable codes of conduct for mental health professionals.
- Made progress in therapy by teaching and assisting patients to improve their mental health and emotional well-being.
Health Professional Resume Sample 7
- Performed therapeutic bodywork on individuals with varying disabilities.
- Opened and initiated new offices for doctors in the area; met annual goals for office growth.
- Performed confirmatory sessions to confirm diagnoses and determine treatment plans for patients.
- Created treatment program that included an increase of 90% in revenue while decreasing costs.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to patient visits.
Health Professional Resume Sample 8
- Participated in ethical behavior with patients, families, and coworkers; recognized for performing above quality standards.
- Interacted with individuals of all ages to determine developmental needs; created individualized rehabilitation program.
- Effectively communicated with patients, families, and coworkers; provided excellent customer service.
- Produced records in a timely manner; effectively tracked data using an electronic medical record system.
- Minimized cost of treatment by encouraging patients to avoid unnecessary tests and services; received award for reducing the hospital’s expenses by $25,000 over one year.
Health Professional Resume Sample 9
- Lessened the impact of chronic pain on my clients by teaching them how to use biofeedback.
- Worked in a hospital setting directly with multiple patients, assessing for mental illnesses and prescribing appropriate medications.
- Worked in an outpatient facility where I treated patients who had suffered from post-traumatic stress syndrome, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, eating disorders, and anxiety disorders.
- Earned outstanding customer satisfaction award based upon patient survey ratings; effectively managed patient concerns while adhering to hospital’s guidelines regarding confidentiality and professionalism.
- Obtained excellent customer satisfaction ratings from customers who had previously been in therapy; effectively referred patients to community resources.
Health Professional Resume Sample 10
- Efficiently prepared and delivered over 125 therapy sessions in a medical clinic; identified nonverbal behavior and pinpointed specific issues for clients, communicated effectively with patients.
- Provided individual and group therapy sessions in a residential setting; personalized treatment programs to accommodate clients’ needs for self-improvement.
- Capably integrated holistic therapies into treatment professions that included music, art, dance, yoga, meditative movement, massage therapy into individualized treatments.
- Proved expertise in expressive arts therapy by helping individuals express their personal thoughts onto canvas.
- Skillfully encouraged mental health patients to discuss their feelings in small groups or individually, resulting in positive results for the entire rehabilitation program.
Health Professional Resume Sample 11
- Counseled patients in crisis; recognized for outstanding ability to relate with patients and their families.
- Gave seminars, “How to Choose Your Therapist”; presentations were adored by attendees; greater than 90% of attendees would recommend this seminar to others.
- Led a fundraising event for Haiti Earthquake Relief Fund; raised $2,000 and was recognized by the National Red Cross.
- Received the “Therapist of the Year” award from Women’s Wellness Magazine. Outstanding achievement in providing counseling services.
- Recognized by the American Medical Association for outstanding performance.
Health Professional Resume Sample 12
- Provided professional medical care to patients suffering from various illnesses.
- Received outstanding quality award for focusing on core competencies, performing patient assessments, and accurately recording patient medical history.
- Completed the required hours of continuing education courses. Received an A+ rating from patients who responded to a customer satisfaction survey.
- Recognized by colleagues as a strong leader; served as head nurse for 3 years.
- Earned certification in medical terminology; passed the state boards exam on the first attempt.
Health Professional Resume Sample 13
- Built a strong foundation for a future in which she could address the emotional and mental needs of others.
- Worked with a person in need of emotional support, was able to identify and express her feelings, thus meeting the needs of both parties.
- Trained patients for care in nursing homes and hospitals through training, exercises, and empathy.
- Achieved outstanding customer service ratings from clients who had called for therapy services during major holidays.
- Achieved superior customer service ratings from city council members during city council meetings; also received outstanding quality ratings from clients who utilized her services, many of whom were very satisfied with the services they received at their appointment.
The educational requirements for health professionals range from associate’s degrees all the way to doctorates and almost all of them require some form of licensure from the state in which you are practicing. Common skills in this profession are being highly observant, multitasking, working under stress, willingness for continuing education and knowledge of emergency care, health/safety guidelines, and continuing care.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.