A marine surveyor is someone who specializes in examining and surveying marine vessels to ensure the quality and safety meets various standards. Duties of a marine surveyor include ship examinations, inspections, damage reports, safety checks, performing annual surveys, testing of ship equipment and safety features, submitting reports, and clearing ships for travel.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Marine Surveyor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Marine Surveyor resumes for your reference.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 1
- Inspected for hull damage, corrosion, and biofouling in accordance with IMCO/USCG standards.
- Trained divers to survey vessels in dry-dock without damaging ship’s hull.
- Resolved several difficult scope of work issues for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers so their engineers could determine whether or not to award contract to my company.
- Completed training on United States Navy Nuclear Weapons handling procedures.
- Presented a paper on my profession at a regional maritime conference.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 2
- Expedited the inspection process by developing computer programs to maintain an inventory of assets and records their condition.
- Presented technical briefings to owner, design engineers, and other project managers on numerous occasions.
- Successfully served as primary support liaison during installation activities for upgrade at shipyard in South Korea; recognized by the Senior Manager for outstanding performance.
- Identified modification solutions for ships involved with mid-life refueling, ship overhauls, repairs, upgrades, conversions, stem-to-stern refurbishment projects.
- Pioneered advanced digital technology that was successfully adopted into company product offering; received patent #7222025 for high resolution optics application in 3D Modeling.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 3
- Provided vessel maintenance and repair to all types of vessels, including naval ships and other military crafts.
- Rehabilitated a Landing Craft Utility by constructing a new bow section after the original was lost in active combat.
- Fulfilled detailed requests from customers with tailored work for each vessel by performing significant customization of tank cleaning procedures.
- Promptly completed repairs on an anchor winch that had been damaged due to foreign object ingestion without delaying other scheduled jobs.
- Responded quickly to the emergency situation of an onboard fire caused by a broken line at 1 a.m.; used quick thinking and knowledge of hydraulics systems to shut off fluid flow before it reached the combustion chambers.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 4
- Developed the knowledge and skills to perform marine surveys for ships, dry docks, and equipment.
- Performed continuous inspections of bridge machinery including bridge cranes, bridge lifts, bridge trusses, cable work support systems; recognized by the company president as an asset to the team.
- Increased productivity through ability to arrive quickly at jobsites with or without assistance; implemented time-saving practices that allowed operators more time on site overall.
- Demonstrated leadership in training new hires; always prepared quality work products illustrating care especially when deviations were required.
- Resolved conflicts between dock staff members resulting in improved morale and compliance with safety regulations; noted for maintaining open lines of communication.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 5
- Assisted in reduction of dockside time for over 20 lines companies by performing vessel surveys.
- Turned around jobs more quickly than any other employee by developing internal communication system with dockworkers.
- Awarded “Marine Surveyor of the Month” three times during first year, helping to double profits within shipping division.
- Trained four employees in vessel survey techniques which resulted in better communication between all personnel involved in project operation.
- Stabilized customer base through superior performance resulting from innovative approach to marine survey business that was presented at state conference for MARAD.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 6
- Repaired, maintained, and serviced vessels in accordance with company standards.
- Conducted equipment inspections on a variety of engines and drive trains to determine repair status and required repairs.
- Trained other employees on marine engine repair after being transferred from the heavy-duty diesel division where I was responsible for training new hires.
- Recognized by supervisors as a reliable employee who routinely worked overtime during busy periods.
- Troubleshot problems related to fuel systems, generators, cooling systems, propulsion shafts, steering gear boxes, rudders, propellers, watertight doors and hatches.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 7
- Skilled in development of plans and specifications for all types of components.
- Completed over 1,000 reports describing shipboard damage control systems, equipment, and alterations.
- Effectively performed inspection during dry-docking or overhauls including pressure tests on piping systems. Prepared Navy Damage Reports relating to system defects.
- Identified corrosion during inspections; efficiently collaborated with other engineers to resolve rust issues before emergency repairs were required.
- Accomplished the annual cleaning program for heating plants while meeting budget constraints. Validated that cleanup was done according to operational standards through documentation and regular follow up inspections with crew members who had assisted in the project.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 8
- Prepared sixty-six Section Survey Reports in accordance with the Bureau of Ships for shipyards across five different naval bases.
- Completed annual inspections on all assigned vessels, comporting to safety and environmental protection guidelines.
- Introduced innovative methods to reduce time required for completion of assigned tasks by 40%, while maintaining 100% inspection compliance.
- Recovered 98% of lost production time due to equipment repairs both at home and aboard ships through effective communication with management.
- Assisted the Fleet Production Supervisor in promoting good morale, which resulted in a 400% increase in productivity among staff members within one month’s time.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 9
- Successfully surveyed over 2,500 vessels’ hulls for damage, implemented repairs to maintain U.S. Coast Guard standards set forth in 33CFR Part 69 regulations.
- Conducted surveys of 100-ton stern trawlers to verify compliance with USCG regulations; inspected assigned areas by utilizing conventional methods and sonar technology.
- Identified necessary repairs through inspection of deckhouse, machinery spaces, living quarters, and other accommodations on seagoing vessels during routine safety inspections performed at sea.
- Devised new methodologies to accurately monitor the condition of large vessels via radar scanning equipment; advised Subchapter M inspectors that led to adoption of this procedure by all government agencies.
- Won Coast Guard Boatswain Mate of the Year Award; recognized for work in developing new equipment and repairing large ships such as oil tankers and container ships.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 10
- Patrolled and inspected over 50 major facilities of the United States’ largest shipping company; updated records with current conditions.
- Identified defective conditions and developed solutions for unnecessary reoccurrences to reduce expenses.
- Illustrated knowledge of standards and regulations within a marine environment as a member on three separate board committees.
- Achieved award from Human Resources for my work in eliminating customer complaints, streamlining procedures, and reducing overall costs by 25%.
- Successfully advocated for company-wide policy changes that significantly improved the reputation of our company as expert marine surveyors.
Marine Surveyor Resume Sample 11
- Conducted, documented, and reported on marine surveys for commercial mariners.
- Accomplished professional technical certifications in commercial navigation safety.
- Earned the highest grade on a national maritime certification exam for shipboard business management. Certified as an MCA-approved instructor for Marine Business Management.
- Identified hazardous material unsafely stored aboard vessels within the Port of Seattle jurisdiction resulting in expensive fines being levied by state regulators against vessel owners.
- Skilled at rewriting reports into clear, understandable language that instructions instructions or procedures easily to clients or employers that are not familiar with nautical terms or jargon; effective communication skills across all levels of employees and management teams across industry sectors; ranging from large corporations to small, privately held businesses.
To become a marine surveyor one must have a bachelor’s degree in naval architecture/marine engineering, or complete a marine surveying professional program. Necessary skills to be a marine surveyor are competency, technical knowledge, communication skills, great attention to detail, integrity, math and computer skills, and technical writing skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.