Estimators provide predictions for the cost of repairs and building projects for people. Their duties include looking over blueprints, determining the time it’ll take on a project, using software to plan projects, communicating with the clients about the project, review requirements and regulations, and identifying what needs to be fixed within the project.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Estimator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Estimator resumes for your reference.
Estimator Resume Sample 1
- Successfully estimated construction material costs based on budget and job requirements while ensuring compliance with construction codes and regulations.
- Trained new employees in estimating processes and procedures; the employer recognized my efforts by granting me a cash award.
- Provided estimates for three residential property reconstruction projects; processed requests for additional services within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ordered materials needed to complete additional services requested by the client; on one occasion, I completed this task during my lunch break, much to the delight of the client owner who praised my service as ‘over-the-top’.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively completed all of the tasks for which I was responsible and excelled in my performance.
Estimator Resume Sample 2
- Selected by the company to attend a training session as an Estimator; displayed extensive knowledge of estimating and building codes as well as other industry-related material.
- Worked with the architect to develop details on the design and layout of new construction projects.
- Assessed estimates and markup on bids, prepared written price quotes for consultants, owners, contractors et al.
- Acknowledged by the President of ABC Company for providing accurate estimates based on confirmed information.
- Estimated market value of land in preparation for a real estate transaction; provided creditable assistance to team members during due diligence procedures.
Estimator Resume Sample 3
- Created and implemented a sales plan for estimating prospective jobs.
- Identified and evaluated market pressures.
- Managed job through design stage from start to finish, and resigned as estimator to pursue opportunities in management.
- Estimator Estimation Award; provided accurate estimates when required.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively closed jobs.
Estimator Resume Sample 4
- Successfully submitted bids to provide cost estimates on a wide range of projects.
- Performed cost comparisons to determine likely profitable methods of construction.
- Provided appropriate cost information and supports to the purchasing department by accurately recording time spent on work orders, time spent on estimating, and other responsibilities.
- Acquired knowledge and understanding of the different methods used in the industry; proficient in methods preferred by the industry.
- Obtained awards for accuracy and timeliness.
Estimator Resume Sample 5
- Compiled and computed totals for labor, material, equipment, and transportation costs for assigned buildings.
- Created construction reports for Administration; prepared cost estimates for buildings.
- Developed floor plans and layouts to determine construction methods.
- Researching zoning requirements as it relates to building plans; verified zoning regulations with municipalities regarding the construction of retail space and homes in residential areas.
- Used production software to generate estimating reports based on project plans; created layouts of building structures and prepared itemized lists of materials needed per contract.
Estimator Resume Sample 6
- Impressive on-time completion of commercial and residential construction estimates.
- Created realistic, detailed estimates for clients.
- Earned award for excellent quality work in the field.
- Taught students how to properly utilize tools, such as AutoCAD, in the field.
- Worked well with clients to understand their vision and create an estimate that tied the budget to reality.
Estimator Resume Sample 7
- Completed assigned jobs on time; understand the importance of timely estimates.
- Prepared new construction estimate reports for residential and commercial properties.
- Recommended cost-saving measures to clients.
- Read and interpreted blueprints, drawings, and specifications to verify costs for construction projects; used computer programs to generate cost estimates.
- Received award for outstanding work performance based on revenue generation achieved through completion of $11 million in revenue-generating projects during one fiscal year period.
Estimator Resume Sample 8
- Managed budget and schedule of projects totaling $15 million; earned appreciation for reducing the time it took to build a building by 15%.
- Procured the best materials for remodeling projects at the lowest cost; reduced customer expenditures on materials by 10%.
- Helped the company recover $500,000 in lost revenues, through recommending and implementing a new method of scheduling; earned appreciation from the president.
- Secured extenuating circumstances award for reducing customer expenditures during planning stage; earned appreciation by senior management and customer.
- Initiated a new, integrated project management system; earned appreciation from the president and his team.
Estimator Resume Sample 9
- Filed, reviewed, and verbally conveyed to owners data which was back-checked on by structural engineers.
- Correctly calculated mechanical and electrical systems for buildings.
- Demonstrated ability to perform calculations of building, mechanical and electrical systems by analyzing drawings, specifications, and computer software.
- Exhibited an impressive skill set for the construction industry in areas such as analysis and interpretation of architectural drawings and specifications for project planning.
- Handled multiple tasks at once in an effective manner with a high degree of productivity; observed others who were in similar positions acknowledging his or her work with praise or enthusiasm; demonstrated a “can do” attitude.
Estimator Resume Sample 10
- Organized and prepared building-related estimates for the A.S. Cruz Construction Company based on client needs and preferences; effectively secured contracts from clients.
- Analyzed blueprints to create accurate estimates for building materials and labor; earned letter of appreciation from General Manager Laurence Mascara for being named the #1 salesperson for new account growth in the Southeast region.
- Assisted in forecasting building projects by preparing realistic job costs based on material availability, scheduling, and manpower requirements; provided technical expertise.
- Awarded for safety awareness and concern for others; avoided potentially hazardous situations; recommended modification to the facility that reduced employee injury and liability.
- Earned letter of appreciation from Vice President George Adamski for being named the #1 salesperson for new account growth in the Northeast region.
Estimator Resume Sample 11
- Estimated subcontractors’ work on commercial and residential buildings.
- Established project budgets for all projects; worked with coworkers to maintain budgets.
- Overcame obstacles and obstacles with next-day solutions.
- Received award for consistently completing projects on schedule and within budget while maintaining exceptional customer service standards.
- Gained respect among peers as a self-starter; launched several initiatives that benefited both me and the company.
Estimator Resume Sample 12
- Calculated labor and material costs; developed schedules and estimates of personnel, equipment, and materials needed to complete projects.
- Maintained an inventory of raw materials; scheduled weekly delivery of substrates and pigments.
- Researched available hardware products; analyzed prices for specified sizes and quantities.
- Welded defective steel columns to specifications; erected scaffolding prior to painting.
- Adhered to safety regulations during hazardous projects utilizing strict adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures manual for welding operations.
Estimator Resume Sample 13
- Accurately evaluated specifications and blueprints for building improvements and renovation of residential properties.
- Rode the phone well; excellent customer service skills.
- Proactively set up design meetings with clients to address clients’ concerns and needs.
- Awarded for work done in a short time period, independent review from clients on file, and BPI award for communication with clients.
- Received outstanding quality award; guaranteed project delivery date even though the firm was new to the field.
Estimator Resume Sample 14
- Prepared designs for exterior, interior, and overall metal roofing systems; submitted plans for verbal approval, final review, and construction permits.
- Effectively reduced bid costs through coordination with the project manager; realized cost savings of approximately 30% on all projects.
- Effectively bid jobs, negotiated/submitted competitive plans to code officials, and ensured compliance. Submitted competitive proposals on time that met or exceeded bid criteria. All jobs ranged in value from $100,000 – $500,000.
- Effectively analyzed information and implemented changes to accommodate the needs of the customer. Reorganized and recharged departments within the project’s timeline.
- Effectively communicated with the customer, project manager, and architect. Spoke with contractors on a daily basis regarding schedule changes, work in progress, and project completion.
To be an Estimator, you must have a high school diploma and several years of estimating experience; some positions may require you to have a bachelor’s degree, though. Estimators must demonstrate great attention to detail, financial, analytical, research, negotiation, organization, and reliability skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.