Crime Analysts provide analytical services to law enforcement to gather information to improve their performance in the field. Their duties include conducting research, collecting crime data, analyzing the crime data, identifying trends in crime, helping with criminal investigations, and preparing reports on the data findings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Crime Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Crime Analyst resumes for your reference.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in the resolution of over 20 homicides, dozens of sexual assaults, and hundreds of robberies by applying deductive reasoning to convicted offenders’ statements.
- Tracked down two armed robbery suspects using cell phone records.
- Utilized my experience as an infantryman/paratrooper to develop security plans for over 20 funerals, dignitary visits, and special events.
- Penetrated email network of terrorist organization to gain intelligence on planned attacks in the US; this operation was successful in preventing three bombings that would have killed dozens of Americans.
- Provided electronic surveillance support to drug task force in five counties resulting in the seizure of over $3 million in illegal drugs and the arrest of dozens of suspects.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Led a team of four detectives in the investigation and analysis of crime patterns and trends in an urban area.
- Authored detailed analytical reports on criminal activity that assisted investigators with identifying suspects and linking crimes.
- Provided investigative support to field officers during major investigations, resulting in several high-profile arrests.
- managed and directed the flow of information between different law enforcement agencies and departments.
- Received a commendation from the police commissioner for exceptional crime analysis skills and leadership.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Identified and analyzed crime patterns to support community policing initiatives.
- Achieved highest level of certification from the State of California during 12 month probationary period for crime analysis.
- Developed law enforcement surge plan in coordination with Federal, State, and Municipal agencies to maintain stability during civil unrest.
- Developed and delivered crime awareness presentations to over 100 senior military officers during 7 months of active duty for the U.S. Navy.
- Monitored, assessed, and reported on international security issues, including indicators of potential terrorism; identified over 95 high priority targets within a 4 month period.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Identified a trend in the distribution of homicides. Returned case clearance rates to over 90% within 5 months.
- Detected a violent crime pattern and associated terrorist threat, providing Actionable Intelligence which led to an arrest.
- Deployed as a reconnaissance team leader in support of Operation Enduring Freedom; gathered evidence, tracked high-value targets, and maintained contact with local citizens.
- Detected a drug trafficking operation through the collection, analysis, and correlation of multiple data sources to support tactical development efforts leading to asset seizure by Special Agents.
- Identified critical information about terror cell activities, organizations, tactics, techniques, personnel and capabilities; resulting in the prevention of multiple terrorist attacks.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Using various formats, organized and created a working data base of anonymous offenders that have been sent to a diversion program who have done the same crime twice.
- Analyzed over 1,000 unsolved cases to generate new leads and identify suspects in an effort to reduce current crime rates.
- Trained 19 analysts who successfully produced actionable intelligence products that aided in the apprehension of high-profile criminals and the seizure of contraband.
- Authored a study on motorcycle gangs and their activities which was presented to senior leadership and has been used as a training tool for new recruits.
- Led an intelligence cell which effectively disrupted several organized crime groups and seized millions of dollars in assets.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Provided crime analysis support for all felony crimes in the area of responsibility.
- Tracked down leads to reduce burglaries in Newtown Township by 21% over a 6-month period.
- Identified critical needs required to effectively combat gang activity in Colorado Springs, CO., with an emphasis on information sharing throughout Colorado Springs.
- Wrote a comprehensive crime report inclusive of total number of crimes, offenses committed by age group and time, and type of crimes for each precinct.
- Assessed the patterns in violent crimes by comparing them to similar incidents such as motive, weapon used, suspect profile and contact information to determine likelihood that an assault would become violent.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Identified root causes of spikes in crime through statistical analysis and cultivated results-oriented solutions to mitigate the sources.
- Designed a model for suspicious banking transactions which enhanced departmental investigations units.
- Developed e-learning session on homeland security to increase awareness and knowledge of students, faculty, and staff members at a community college.
- Recognized as a Crime Analyst Program Subject Matter Expert by the Intelligence Community for expertise in crime analysis and financial intelligence.
- Advocated for training, personnel, equipment, and legislation needed to improve police effectiveness.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Tracked down fugitives, applied target analysis to predict serial criminals’ actions, and assisted in the establishment of surveillance units.
- Assisted with investigations into drug trafficking, organized crime, money laundering, sex crimes against minors.
- Presented investigative data at daily briefings; briefed senior leaders during weekly commander’s update briefings.
- Assisted in the investigation of a murder which resulted in the arrest and prosecution of a gang member for attempted murder.
- Tracked down a sexual predator arrested for kidnapping, rape, and false imprisonment.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Identified trends of burglaries in a specific area by connecting crime reports with prevalence, seasonality, and weather.
- Uncovered hidden patterns of criminal activity during 4 years of analysis of gang violence between rival gangs.
- Instrumental in the arrest of over 30 criminals for possession and distribution of drugs by performing physical surveillance on their activities.
- Identified a serial rapist while investigating the rape of 22 female victims in a 7 month period by comparing MOs and identifying new leads.
- Influenced crime fighting strategies with analysis reports delivered to the police department.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Researched and analyzed computer crime data to provide protection against cyber threats.
- Rewrote and updated the department’s Cybercrime manual; improved awareness, response time, and prosecution rate for cybercrimes.
- Received awards such as Crime Analyst of the Year for this work.
- Rescue fellow troops in combat by providing cover fire with M16A2 during convoy ambush.
- Saved the lives of two soldiers and injured another during hand-to-hand fighting in Iraq, against Iraqi insurgents.
Crime Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Identified the methods used by kidnappers during case analysis to support local law enforcement agencies in efforts to rescue victims.
- Utilized data mining tools and extracted relevant information from various classified databases to ensure successful investigations of criminal offenses.
- Collaborated with federal, state, and local agencies on several multi-jurisdictional task forces to investigate illicit activities.
- Proven successful track record of identifying illegal transactions within an online peer-to-peer file sharing network resulting in the conviction of several high level drug traffickers.
- Advanced knowledge of biometrics used to identify terrorists, criminals, and other dangerous or wanted individuals during various biometric data collection projects.
To be a Crime Analyst, you must have a bachelor’s degree in the criminal justice field, some experience within the field, and possibly some police academy training. Crime Analysts must demonstrate excellent analytical, critical thinking, attention to detail, computer, communication, presentation, and fast learning skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Crime Analyst Resume Samples
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Crime Analyst Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up