An early Childhood Teacher works with children between the ages of 3 and 5. Their duties include ensuring the safety of students as well as materials and environment, removing or repairing threats to children, engaging the children in various activities that are developmentally appropriate, ensuring children have a daily schedule or routine, maintaining a comfortable and safe environment, providing supervision and discipline, and planning and implementing daily lessons.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Early Childhood Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Early Childhood Teacher resumes for your reference.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Motivated over 140 young children ages 3–5 years to attain academic success by increasing self-confidence, enhancing creativity, and developing critical thinking skills.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills by encouraging child respect and understanding of others’ values.
- Trained students to follow classroom rules and expectations.
- Effectively maintained a positive classroom atmosphere while engaging in creative problem solving.
- Developed a “no excuses” attitude toward academic achievement which translated into increased learning and self-confidence.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Attained Bachelor of Arts major in English and Psychology with a concentration in child development.
- Demonstrated excellence in engaged teaching, creative scheduling and lesson design, and engaging curriculum development.
- Awarded recognition for excellence as an Early Childhood Teacher of the Year by the Board of Education (DCS).
- Won distinguished educational leadership award and recognition for outstanding teacher.
- Attended University of Georgia to attain Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership with a concentration in Applied Psychology.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Incorporated creative activities, as well as traditional classroom lessons, into curriculum so students could reach their full potential and develop an appreciation for life.
- Taught children ages 2.5 to 6.5 to childcare and toilet training with resources that were local, practical, and age appropriate.
- Enhanced the self-esteem of the students by helping them realize their individual potential; taught classes in critical thinking, problem solving methods, learning to read, and reading comprehension skills.
- Helped improve the overall behavior of multiple children by creating a classroom environment where respectful use of language was a priority and academic excellence was rewarded with praise for effort rather than grades or letters on report cards.
- Introduced new techniques of teaching and learning to increase student engagement in the classroom.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Developed a curriculum to educate children on how to express themselves creatively through a puppet theater program.
- Recognized by the local child resource center for excellence in educating families and children with developmental disabilities.
- Presented a lecture series of my puppet theater program at the countywide, regional, and national conferences on education and early childhood care.
- Generated funding to develop workshops based on puppet theater history and puppetry artistry; obtained audience enrollment of over 30 students in workshops.
- Maintained the highest Health and Safety Standards for myself due to Little Finger Puppet certification; obtainable only after extensive training, study, and application.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Assisted in the education and supervision of children ranging from infancy to the age of six. Observed, monitored, and assessed each child’s progress and development.
- Planned and taught daily classes that encouraged individual expression. Offered classroom materials featuring music, art, sports, books, puppets, finger plays/songs/stories, nature study and relaxation techniques.
- Provided instruction in creative movement activities; organized step-by-step learning experiences that moved students toward mastery of early childhood skills including language development.
- Directed group play activities that promoted independent thinking. Helped children to relate positively to peers while developing social skills necessary for later stages of learning.
- Collaborated with parents to promote their child’s general development.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Prudently supervised nursery programs to promote health, safety, and personality development.
- Proactively recommended appropriate infant day care resources to parents by encouraging them to engage, stimulate, and participate in their child’s learning.
- Collaborated with other teachers, directors, and school board members to establish individualized curricula that met the needs of all enrolled students.
- Trained teachers on a variety of subjects including in-classroom teaching strategies and curriculum development with effective lesson plans.
- Acted as a mentor teacher for non-certified staff by providing continuing professional education that enhanced knowledge in areas such as special needs education, school safety regulations, and childcare licensing policies.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Trained more than 350 students in education and human development during forty-five years of class teaching and curriculum adjustments.
- Designed curriculum with a logical progression, content, presentation style, and presentation level to meet student needs.
- Organized monthly parents’ and community tutoring programs for preschool children.
- Exemplified a holistic approach to school teaching; worked closely with school administration, parents, and teachers toward the same goal.
- Inspired self-worth among students by example; communicated confidence in his abilities to guide them through challenging instruction. “You can do it.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Conducted weekly music, art, and soccer classes for a diverse group of ten children from 1 to 3 years of age.
- Provided a safe and motivating learning environment for the development of social skills and basic concepts in language arts, math, science, and play.
- Actively engaged in a group program to improve literacy; tutored two classmates after school.
- Collaborated with parents in the implementation of strategies for increased parent-child interaction and reading practice.
- Conducted individualized activities for a sensory-disabled toddler; helped stimulate learning and self-expression by adapting to his developmental level.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Served as a classroom leader and teacher to four classrooms of Kindergarten students with learning and behavior disorders.
- Developed and distributed the “My Promises” program to encourage behavior change.
- Received two effective encouragement award certificates from two parents for outstanding service in the classroom.
- Founded a non-profit organization, The Environmental Education Club (TEE), utilizing positive discipline to teach children about environmental preservation.
- Volunteered in the local community for church events by organizing children’s games and helping at food donation drives.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Improved ability to listen and communicate with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Experienced personal growth by developing emotional support for students’ well-being.
- Demonstrated new skills in communicating with peers and building a network of supportive professionals.
- Achieved recognition as an outstanding teacher in the state of Utah through academic achievements, school improvement plan implementation, service projects, and school year awards.
- Recognized as “Teacher of the Year” by local media within a community that annually selects one winner for this title.
Early Childhood Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Caringly supported emotional, physical, and intellectual development of at-risk inner city children through numerous classes by conducting games, songs, stories, and activities.
- Engaged in local outreach programs to help the homeless: volunteered at a nearby shelter; served meals to those who could not afford a hot meal; delivered donated clothing; on various occasions gave out socks, jackets, scarves and gloves in cold weather.
- Actively involved in the promotion of safe driving habits by organizing car seat safety checks and distributing pamphlets on child passenger safety to parents of young children.
- Enhanced family life skills of impoverished families with weekly visits to their homes.
- Enhanced sense of community by volunteering at the local Urgent Care and filling a position for a team leader for the “Make a Difference Day” service project.
To work as a early Childhood Teacher, you must have a bachelor’s degree and a state teachers license. An Early Childhood Teacher must have excellent communication skills, enthusiasm for children, patience, creativity, flexibility, basic computer knowledge, and a passion for teaching young children.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.