Corporate Paralegals are responsible for gathering and preparing documents needed for legal counsel. Their duties include reviewing legislation, updating regulations, drafting contracts, creating reports, conducting legal research, giving legal assistance, and creating other corporate documents.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Corporate Paralegal Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Corporate Paralegal resumes for your reference.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 1
- Organized and managed ten (10) secretaries to ensure timely filing of legal documents, including individual federal tax return preparation.
- Managed the clerical operations of an obscure executive assistant firm to meet increasing business demands.
- Researched and drafted media releases to reduce the administrative burden on a new product launch.
- Drafted and reviewed federal forms, W-2’s, 1099’s, etc., for many clients.
- Processed payrolls provided by a third-party service provider that accounted for nearly $1 million in payroll expenses annually; ensured accurate accounting and reporting by collating work logs with timesheets and preparing payroll deposits.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 2
- Resolved clients’ cases as a member of the firm’s Paralegal Referral Service.
- Monitored and administered client accounts as Associate Paralegal.
- Responded to telephone inquiries, conducted research and transcribed communications for the firm’s collection department.
- Researched and drafted legal documents for the firm’s insurance defense department.
- Created business and commercial forms relating to sales tax and registration compliance.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 3
- Attained award for excellent customer service; handled customer concerns, complaints, and requests for assistance.
- Recognized for exceptional job performance as Quality Control Supervisor; identified opportunities for improvement within processes and manufactured products.
- Achieved award recognizing exemplary performance in an individual project exceeding $50 million in gross revenues.
- Won meeting efficiency award after reducing average meeting time from 1 hour to 20 minutes by restructuring agenda, revising preparation guides, and providing training on the steps to take in order to maximize time and accomplish objectives.
- Received superior letter of appraisal from Executive Board of Directors acknowledging my efforts to improve products based on recommendations made by customer surveys.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 4
- Expertly researched and analyzed the legal rights of clients and their business interests. Performed due diligence during bankruptcy proceedings.
- Determined pertinent aspects of a corporation or limited liability companies by researching state, county, federal records; supplied critical information to attorneys and corporate officers when preparing for trial.
- Provided accurate assumption of legal responsibilities and liabilities in conjunction with contract negotiations in order to protect the company against future litigation.
- Effectively maintained correspondence with the corporate officers, attorneys, customers, vendors, federal agencies, state agencies, other corporations by using WordPerfect software; transmitted confidential information via secured e-mail accounts.
- Evaluated and prepared documents for litigation, including wills and powers of attorney, estate planning, and business succession documents.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 5
- Employed exceptional attention to detail in fielding documents for the company’s acquisition of a new business.
- Achieved excellence in documenting and researching for the company’s incorporation involving thousands of pages of legal documents.
- Determined and documented accurate capitalization figures in providing annual reports as required by law.
- Recalculated, restructured, and redistributed company finances as directed by law and as appropriate given change in new laws.
- Organized relevant data regarding corporate assets after the sale of stock to other business interests.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 6
- Negotiated major account contracts with Fortune 500 firms; averaged $3,000/month in new business profit.
- Suggested and implemented improvements to the corporate filing system; decreased processing time by 50% while increasing accuracy by 300%.
- Handled confidential, sensitive information relating to $1 billion in annual revenue; revealed no confidential information at any time.
- Recognized as the first employee with a perfect attendance record after 10 years of consecutive service.
- Established a formal training program for new hires within my department which resulted in increased efficiency by 30% and reduced processing time by 25% during the onboarding period.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 7
- Accurately prepared and filed legal documentation to support new business developments.
- Conducted meetings conducted between senior executives and outside counsel.
- Worked in a team environment to efficiently resolve corporate legal issues; served as representative to third-party negotiations between the company and other companies on multimillion-dollar contracts.
- Received Confidentiality Award; effectively maintained the strict enforcement of sensitive data relating to competitive analyses, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Monitored the continuation of trade secrets by conducting inspections of competitor activity and by maintaining an effective corporate monitoring program.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 8
- Researched and fact-checked legal issues for corporate attorneys and C-level executives.
- Organized discovery information including box loads of documents, financial records, e-mails, and electronic data.
- Participated in cross-departmental projects to develop database systems for rapid searchability of important information by employees.
- Demonstrated expertise with contracts, bank accounts, insurance policies, trademarks, patents, and licensing agreements.
- Reviewed legal documents for accuracy and compliance, such as leases, purchase agreements, and management agreements.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 9
- Handled 3,000-5,000 documents and provided administrative and clerical support for senior-level attorneys in corporate law and securities transactions.
- Reported to Project Leader, who managed over ten senior attorneys and several paralegals at a national firm.
- Received Outstanding Paralegal Award; assisted with the supervision of eight paralegals.
- Organized record keeping for a large law firm; prepared over fifteen special events from daily cursive notes to elaborate invitations as well as all related documentation such as contracts, deposits, resolutions, etc. on the computer.
- Performed administrative and clerical duties; maintained law library with over 15,000 books, journals, and microfiche.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 10
- Provided accurate, effective, and timely support to the business community by expertly and professionally servicing company contracts, agreements, transactions, and files.
- Successfully negotiated with clients and staff to solve problems or address issues.
- Acted as a liaison between the Government and a client corporation by negotiating with representatives on behalf of the agreed-upon terms of contract agreements.
- Became an expert in handling consumer legislation by researching lawsuits and legal matters as a means to strengthen consumer rights.
- Authored several contracts and agreements that were later used within the corporation as examples for future use.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 11
- Created, maintained, and updated numerous legal documents including contracts, leases, sale, and purchase agreements, bank documents, tax filings, and financial records.
- Supervised interns/clients as they filed tax returns and prepared legal documents.
- Organized files to meet industry standards; tracked customers’ legal document needs for both their current and future needs.
- Demonstrated effective communication with clients by answering questions about their situation and helping them to resolve problems when necessary.
- Negotiated contracts regarding complex matters of client’s businesses within companies that employed the attorney.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 12
- Conducted trial preparation and depositions for cases involving divorce, annulment, and contentious trusts.
- Prepared the general ledger for the annual fiscal year-end audit.
- Prepared disclosure statements and summary financial statements.
- Compiled and maintained index files of case information; served as a research assistant to staff attorneys in a variety of areas including real estate law, banking law, and securities law.
- Worked night and weekend hours during a major turn-around at the firm; promptly compiled case preparation lists.
Corporate Paralegal Resume Sample 13
- Proofread and revised legal documents for corporations in their acquisition of assets and financing, including stockholder documents, articles of incorporation, operating agreements, bylaws, loan agreements.
- Handled all corporate contracts and agreements for Fortune 500 companies by researching contract language and resolving conflicts between parties.
- Advised in the drafting of document language to reflect the company’s objectives while protecting the interest of the corporation.
- Analyzed legal documents to ensure compliance with federal regulations; developed training programs for staff.
- Exceeded annual sales goal by 15%; coached team members to exceed quota.
To work as a Corporate Paralegal, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, or finance and a certificate by the American Bar Association (ABA). Corporate Paralegals must have strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, work well under pressure, be detailed with paperwork, and proficient in MS Office.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.