Hair Salon Receptionists are the first faces customers see when they enter a salon. Their duties include providing excellent customer service to their clients, running errands for salon supplies handling all incoming phone calls, managing the appointment book and ensuring all scheduling appointments are recorded as well as pre-booked and assist in other projects and tasks to keep their salons successfully running. To work as a Hair Salon Reception, you must have high school diploma and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications. Hair Salon Receptionists must demonstrate excellent communication skills, hands-on experience with office equipment, strong background as a salon receptionist or a front desk representative, excellent customer service, organizational and record keeping skills, high hygiene maintenance, and the ability to work in stressful situations.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hair Salon Receptionist resumes for your reference.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 1
- Accurately entered customer information in the computer system, answered phone calls in a pleasant manner, greeted customers with a bright smile, and promptly attended to requests.
- Gave excellent customer service by providing recommendations for hair products that met my clients’ needs.
- Placed orders accurately in an efficient manner in order to meet promised delivery dates. Ensured that products were correctly invoiced and billed.
- Participated in the development of new marketing strategies involving social networking sites, which increased overall web traffic by 22% in 5 weeks compared to the previous 8 months period.
- Promoted our professional image through consistent application of retail standards during daily work activities including set up, clean up, and organization of station.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 2
- Enabled collaborative teamwork by staff members through skills of guest relations, sales, and marketing.
- Greeted new customers and scheduled appointments for stylists; coordinated all aspects of salon life to ensure smooth operation.
- Resolved complaints in a timely manner; succeeded in maintaining high standards for customer service.
- Performed filing duties to stay organized; provided back-up coverage to other receptionists when necessary.
- Earned recognition as an elite employee after successfully performing multiple tasks simultaneously during periods of peak business activity.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 3
- Maintained a presence that instills clients with confidence and support by greeting customers cheerfully, answering phones promptly, and responding to requests from guests.
- Provided fast, friendly service at the front desk during high-traffic hours by clearing areas, keeping counters clean and tidy.
- Trained new employees on salon policies and procedures to ensure a smooth transition for incoming team members.
- Empowered to resolve customer complaints by exercising tactfulness when resolving sensitive issues; effectively used discretion when dealing with irate guests.
- Redeemed salon’s reputation after establishing our place in the community through extensive charitable outreach efforts including fundraising events featuring donated products for prizes.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 4
- Recognized as a vital part of the salon team after consistently demonstrating outstanding customer service skills.
- Adept at greeting customers and scheduling appointments in a professional, friendly manner.
- Developed deep rapport with customers during eight years’ experience as a receptionist.
- Experienced at active listening and responding to frustration, hostility, or grief from clients.
- Achieved recognition as a “Top Recruiter” for exceptional performance in recruiting new salon team members.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 5
- Greet and welcome all customers in a friendly and cheerful manner.
- Ensure that customers receive fast, efficient service from experts at their workstations.
- Provide support to team members by maintaining the cleanliness of work areas, restocking supplies, assisting with light cleaning duties if needed.
- Utilize strong communication skills to effectively solve customer issues while being attentive to current events, fashion trends, and beauty industry news. Contribute ideas for new products and services at team meetings.
- Gained an intimate understanding of haircare procedures through hands-on training sessions paired with close supervision from our expert stylists.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 6
- Answered a high volume of telephone calls while simultaneously greeting guests and directing them to services.
- Provided outstanding client service, follow-up, and satisfaction according to salon standards.
- Promoted from Receptionist to Assistant Manager after demonstrating successful leadership skills in training new staff members for all front-line duties.
- Winner of Client Satisfaction Award for providing original hair designs that exceeded expectations of guests and stylists.
- Received praise from the salon owner who noted my attention to detail while responsibly completing multiple tasks simultaneously during hectic workloads.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 7
- Provided excellent client service according to company standards by greeting and directing clients, communicating updates on appointments.
- Achieved 100% positive feedback from customers surveyed at end of appointment for services rendered.
- Maintained a clean and orderly salon environment by following established procedures and practices during business hours.
- Accomplished administrative tasks such as filing documents, organizing, maintaining customer database, updating address book database, generating reports as needed within all areas of the salon from front desk to back office.
- Trained new receptionists with regard to company policies and procedures; assisted in establishing a system to effectively communicate with other staff members regarding customer concerns, needs.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 8
- Trained staff on the latest trends in hair design for women, men, and children.
- Effectively handled telephone calls by greeting callers with enthusiasm.
- Provided quality service to all customers by following up on new accounts or referrals.
- Maintained work area to ensure a neat and stylish appearance during store hours.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction goal after consistently receiving positive customer compliments about services provided at my station each month.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 9
- Greeted and welcomed customers in a fast-paced environment to provide superior customer service.
- Competently resolved complaints, questions, and concerns from customers by promoting company policies and services.
- Proficiently processed credit card transactions as well as daily cash receipts totaling over $5,000.
- Promoted sales of beauty products by informing customers about promotions and up-selling featured items; increased average ticket by 14%.
- Managed monthly balance sheet for salon with an increase in revenue of 21% over the previous reporting cycle; recognized for exceptional performance.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 10
- Interacted with customers in a courteous and professional manner ensuring positive customer experience.
- Promoted brand name products including shampoos, grooming products, makeup, lipsticks, perfumes and colognes to customers through answering questions and suggestions.
- Discovered opportunities for up-selling by suggesting “additional services” to enhance the customer’s total experience at the salon.
- Achieved average check totals per client which exceeded department projections; recognized by Salon Manager as top contributor in achieving salon goals for 2011 fiscal year.
- Placed second in company wide promotional contest earning entry into regional competition; advancement opportunity secured due to success of promotional idea (winning promotion concept was implemented at all company locations).
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 11
- Ensured the hair salon maintained a clean and safe environment for employees, customers, and equipment.
- Assisted with scheduling appointments, managing school bookings, answering telephone calls, accepting walk-ins.
- Dedicated to perfecting all aspects of customer service; demonstrated passion in providing exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Orchestrated successful promotions that exceeded sales goals including hosting contests and creating custom gift baskets.
- Recognized by peers for outstanding performance; praised for ability to maintain composure during busy work days.
Hair Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 12
- Promptly and professionally greeted and directed walk-in customers, as well as scheduled appointments.
- Followed salon regulations regarding sanitation and safety procedures by cleaning and disinfecting all tools between uses.
- Achieved department’s quarterly sales quotas; recognized as Top Performer for three consecutive quarters.
- Assisted with the promotion of products through social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Tested new merchandise to ensure its functionality; used intuition to identify customer needs that were not satisfied by existing products.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.