Corporate Attorneys specialize in commercial law and has clients in the corporate sector. Their duties include preparing legal documents for court, evaluating business dealings, representing the business entity in court, negotiating deals as a representative of the company, staying up to date with corporate laws, and researching legal issues.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Corporate Attorney Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Corporate Attorney resumes for your reference.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 1
- Consecutively won multimillion-dollar jury verdicts for two corporate clients in breach of contract and fraud suits.
- Earned $250,000 damage award by successfully establishing a property owner’s innocence in a civil suit.
- Achieved $350,000 settlement by personally negotiating the release of a landlocked parcel of real estate.
- Settled client’s personal injury claim for $200,000; recognizing that his medical bills were over this amount, negotiated to pay only property loss amount of the lawsuit settlement.
- Gained valuable knowledge and experience while working as an intern at a prestigious law firm; accrued skills essential to future law practice.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 2
- Gained recognition as an expert on real estate law, gaining admission to the New York State Bar Association.
- Assisted in litigation and resolution of landlord-tenant disputes by negotiating settlements, including drafting multi-party consent orders and stipulations.
- Developed an interest in commercial real estate law; drafted, negotiated, and processed rental agreements for retail spaces.
- Participated in pro bono clinic to assist developmentally disabled individuals to obtain affordable housing; filed applications with New York City Human Resources Administration.
- Volunteered to serve as a Board Member for a not-for-profit organization administering rent subsidies for low-income individuals with AIDS or HIV disease/infection.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 3
- Drafted contracts and negotiated terms on behalf of clients.
- Authored advice to attorneys on legal issues.
- Reviewed complex real estate contracts, and assisted corporate clients with mergers, acquisitions, and divestments.
- Represented corporate clients in international real estate transactions, advising them on procedures and negotiations.
- Drafted foreign properties into the U.S., by power of attorney; coordinated regulatory compliance with state representatives including Fannie Mae, HUD/FHA, IRS tax advisors, and title companies to achieve desired results in a timely manner.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 4
- Directed attorney team on more than $3 billion worth of deals.
- Ranked as a top-ten lawyer in the state annually for the past six years, and as a top-ten trial attorney for 15 consecutive years.
- Demonstrated winning negotiating strategy by obtaining the largest land purchase ever negotiated in the State of Arizona.
- Successfully defended against three times more insurance claims than other licensees during 2006 and 2007.
- Concluded purchase of more than $800 million worth of real estate project sites.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 5
- Enrolled as a junior in a two-year degree program for a career as an attorney.
- Accomplished legal research, writing, and interpretation.
- Accredited by the American Board of Trial Advocates, New York State Bar Association; bar admission pro-bono services in Cleveland County; and approved by the New York State Supreme Court.
- Represented clients successfully in over twelve hundred trials before juries of all levels, making closing arguments and cross-examining witnesses. (All jury trials are completed without a defense attorney.)
- Directed client’s business affairs through most challenging stages of development.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 6
- Analyzed several real estate transactions and drafted letters and performance contracts for property acquisitions.
- Drafted contracts for purchase, sale, development, remodeling, mortgage servicing, and construction liens and foreclosures.
- Communicated with developers and architects regarding the planned remodeling of residential units.
- Assisted in the preparation of lease agreements between building owners/landlords and tenants/residents; negotiated terms of occupancy conditions on behalf of building/landowners.
- Negotiated loan agreements for the financing of land acquisition for a business venture; drafted loan agreements to secure $7 million dollars in funding from two new lending institutions to develop a business venture (acquisition).
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 7
- Aided in the development of a multi-million dollar medical facility project from inception to completion.
- Collaborated with an alternate developer to achieve a common goal for both parties.
- Concluded negotiations for the purchase, sale, and development of real estate for sale or lease.
- Negotiated contracts for the sale and purchase of real estate in excess of $900 million.
- Authored legal opinion letters and briefs in connection with all aspects of corporate transactions.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 8
- Served as a legal assistant to the General Counsel and then as an Associate Attorney assisting in real estate, insurance, and corporate transactions.
- Drafted and negotiated contracts for the sale of residential real estate.
- Proofed leases to ensure compliance with all aspects of landlord-tenant law.
- Reviewed business operations and drafted transfers of corporate assets.
- Assisted in drafting new contracts including purchase agreements, amendments thereto, warranty agreements, and special retention agreements.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 9
- Wrote the legal code for a proposed smart growth real estate project to be implemented by the City of Seattle.
- Represented a major national company in a foreclosure action filed with the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 company against allegations of pollution in an action filed in Dallas, Texas.
- Resolved issues between two competing companies regarding expansion plans by forming a joint venture and constructing common facilities.
- Recognized as an expert witness on issues of real estate law in Federal and state courts.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 10
- Handled 3,000 corporate real estate transactions, worth over $100 million in assets.
- Acquired real estate consulting business, now with 40 direct reports. Increased yearly revenue by 50%. Provided coaching and mentoring to all managers at all times.
- Conducted negotiations between Real Estate Partners on behalf of the Department of Defense, saving taxpayers millions of dollars per year in property assessments and base closures.
- Created a new program for Real Estate Partners to become self-sufficient with regard to budgeting and planning.
- Consulted with the General Counsel of the Air Force to draft a plan for enhanced Portfolio Management and Asset Planning for military facilities.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 11
- Drafted, negotiated, and reviewed closing documents for various loans and deeds of trust including construction, purchase money, refinancing transactions.
- Proactively and efficiently resolved complex issues such as lender liability in cases involving illegal activity by borrowers.
- Research, draft, and distribute legal opinions to the Real Estate Loan Department and securitization department regarding the enforceability of loan documents in accordance with state statutes and federal law.
- Participated in legal research on new issues resulting from business development efforts; tracked trends in bank loan relationships with property developers.
- Provided technical expertise and reviewed all legal documents, including loan documents, disclosure statements, and real property transactions.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 12
- Secured an $8 million contract for a global corporation by negotiating favorable terms and conditions with contractual parties.
- Developed a $40 million fund for investment in joint ventures through property valuation, negotiation, and analysis of legal documents.
- Delivered superior service to family offices by doubling development budget for new housing projects through negotiations with Venture Capital firms.
- Increased the value of water rights permits by more than 40% through acquisitions negotiated on behalf of large landowners.
- Conferred with international counterparts to ensure compliance with laws and regulations regarding real estate transactions in foreign markets.
Corporate Attorney Resume Sample 13
- Obtained a $50,000, 1-year no-interest loan; secured title and ownership interest to 2 parcels of land.
- Successfully represented a client in a foreclosure action; obtained award as Superior Attorney in Family Law.
- Represented an estate through its distribution process to provide gift tax deductions and assets to heirs.
- Rescued assets from the hands of dishonest agents with liability insurance companies by negotiating settlements for clients.
- Cross-applied for government grants under the authorities of the United States Small Business Administration (“SBA”) for programs targeted to small businesses and entrepreneurial endeavors.
To become a Corporate Attorney, you will need a bachelor’s degree in law, and licensed to practice law in your state. The skills needed for this position are communication skills, analytical skills, problem-solving skills, organizational skills, time management skills, interpersonal skills, and full knowledge of the law.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.