A Community Health Worker is a front line public health worker who is a liaison between health and social services and the community. Their duties include treating minor injuries, tending to pregnant women, caring for children, offering family planning services, promoting hygiene and sanitation, and screening for communicable diseases.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Community Health Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Community Health Worker resumes for your reference.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 1
- Provided health care education to the elderly, informed them about new services their insurance would cover.
- Promoted community awareness on government healthcare benefits for low-income families and individuals who did not qualify for Medicaid.
- Increased patients’ access to primary healthcare through bilingual outreach site that targeted multicultural communities in five counties.
- Trained over 100 students during an academic/community service learning course project on infant mortality prevention in Latino communities.
- Achieved improved health outcomes with decrease of infant mortality rate by 18% in two years through education, prenatal support, parenting classes, promoting breastfeeding among high risk mothers in impoverished areas.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 2
- Patiently supervised and counseled dozens of at-risk women, guiding them towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Identified health needs for a community of 14,000 low-income families by planning and implementing an affordable preventive medical clinic.
- Trained 8 young people in the administration of youth programs designed to reduce teen pregnancies and sexually-transmitted diseases.
- Gathered data from hundreds of households to assess conditions for the development of new housing projects that would sustainably improve living standards.
- Successfully raised funds required to establish a community outreach program focusing on wellness education through radio broadcasts.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 3
- Provided 100+ hours of service each month to low-income families by counseling, teaching, and advocating for their health.
- Consulted with clients on community resources available to address their medical, food, housing, income, education, and personal goals.
- Assisted in distributing over 1 million pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables at very low cost to the homeless population throughout America.
- Stimulated local support of underprivileged migrant farm workers/immigrants through awareness programs while coordinating volunteer services in order to provide adequate healthcare coverage.
- Honored with a humanitarian award for outstanding efforts made while providing companionship to terminally ill children within pediatric hospitals across America.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 4
- Researched specific health issues relating to the mission of the non-profit organization.
- Assisted in implementing program for families with children who were afflicted by birth defects resulting from their mothers’ using FDA-banned drugs during pregnancy.
- Helped medical office gain awards for excellence, prestige, and superior services after organizing outreach programs that saved over 500 lives.
- Raised awareness about drug abuse during teen years through first-hand accounts of overcoming addiction at elementary schools reaching 7,500 students.
- Mobilized inner city residents to improve self-esteem and community pride through leadership seminars, anti-gang workshops, and other social improvement projects.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 5
- Worked in a high-risk area that had one of the highest infant and maternal mortality rates in northwest Haiti.
- Provided community outreach for leadership support, advocacy, and education.
- Promoted teaching on prenatal care, breastfeeding, immunizations, and child development through home visits with pregnant women and new mothers.
- Educated over 300 women and children about HIV/AIDS prevention during four months of fieldwork in AIDS clinics; recognized by colleagues as an effective communicator who empathetically shares knowledge with others.
- Mapped out local communities to identify health needs and worked to create sustainable solutions for optimal health care practices; organized monthly meetings with community leaders to develop long-term strategies to address needs.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 6
- Facilitated the education and empowerment of women and helped them to realize their self-worth with regard to health and family planning.
- Led a safe motherhood project that provided educational support, counseling, and medical referrals for more than one hundred pregnant women at risk for poor maternal outcomes.
- Trained over 3000 children on four separate occasions in HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention through interactive dialogue led by peers.
- Empowered youth to strengthen their lives with knowledge about how they can positively impact their families, school, neighborhood, community, city, state, country, world by participating in local service projects.
- Partnered with organizations providing birth services to help educate new moms regarding infant and child nutrition, exercise, and healthcare.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 7
- Trained more than 1,300 community members on how to prevent and control hypertension through blood pressure readings.
- Worked with a team of 100 young people as a radio presenter, news anchor, and producer for HIV/AIDS awareness program.
- Developed a new partnership between the Rotary Club and local hospital for education of children’s sexual health issues.
- Facilitated group dynamics among 15 youth-at-risk participants by promoting cooperation, teamwork, responsibility, and leadership skills.
- Received recognition from the Mayor’s office for outstanding dedication during 3 years of service as a Health Enrollment Ambassador at free medical clinic.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 8
- Led a small team of volunteers to conduct weekly health screenings in the community.
- Trained over 30 students how to administer basic first aid and CPR.
- Worked with two different organizations to lead seven different health fairs that offered free blood sugar checks, BMI measurements, cholesterol tests, hearing tests, and more.
- Developed a service learning project for upper-level undergraduate students where they conducted a survey on nutrition knowledge in the area and helped serve breakfast at a local homeless shelter.
- Achieved certification as an HIV/AIDS counselor after passing written exam and offering three months of counseling sessions to victims in the clinic waiting room.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 9
- Dedicated 38 hours every week promoting the cessation of substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, and domestic violence.
- Actively organized community events to promote health education and awareness in the African-American culture.
- Promoted connection between health care facilities and clients through radio broadcasts and community outreach programs.
- Assisted individuals with accessing public and private resources such as food stamps, clothing closets, Medicaid applications, WIC forms, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), county social services, employment training centers, vocational rehabilitation programs/centers, women’s shelters/supportive services to victims of abuse (domestic violence), runaway shelters for youth, senior centers, community based care for adults with developmental disabilities, and county health departments.
- Engaged in community outreach programs to provide flu shots and glucose screening; educated individuals on proper nutrition.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 10
- Worked with low-income, homeless, and abused children to provide free medical care by making unannounced home visits.
- Provided counseling for victims of abuse; encouraged them to access community resources designed to help them start new lives.
- Promoted the prevention of diabetes through exercise classes for adults in local housing projects.
- Gave presentations about sexually transmitted diseases at health fairs attended by middle school students.
- Led public awareness campaign against sexual abuse; interviewed on major network news stations after winning national recognition for volunteer efforts.
Community Health Worker Resume Sample 11
- Taught citizens about self-care and disease prevention.
- Conducted a wide variety of classes on parenting, including CPR for children and parents.
- Provided support to victims of abuse alongside a child protection agency.
- Reassured community members during stressful times with empathy and understanding.
- Developed skills in conflict resolution, mediation, and negotiation as repeated mediator between conflicting parties. Reduced violence by creating alternative routes for conflict resolution through group consensus building sessions.
To work as a Community Health Worker, you must have a bachelor’s degree in health education or promotion. Ability to speak other languages a plus. The community health care worker must have effective written and oral communication skills, good reasoning skills, problem-solving skills, be self-motivated, work well with others, be a good manager of time-people-things, and the ability to multitask.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.