Certified Surgical Technologists assist surgeons during medical procedures in a medical setting. Their duties include preparing operating rooms for surgery, sterilizing equipment, preparing patients for surgery, helping pass instruments to surgeons or nurses, reviewing patient charts, and keeping records of equipment throughout the surgery.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Certified Surgical Technologist resumes for your reference.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 1
- Performed duties as scrub with the assisting surgeon in the operating room during open, laparoscopic, arthroscopic, and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- Trained all staff on new policy changes to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Provided support for doctors during surgery by maintaining supplies of instruments and equipment needed.
- Identified opportunities to improve workflow processes through team collaboration.
- Held suture kits at patient’s bedside to facilitate quick closure of incision site during abdominal surgery.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 2
- Participated in more than 2,000 surgeries; attended to all responsibilities under the direction of surgeons.
- Reassured patients and family members before, during, and following surgery with positive communication that reduced pre-operative anxiety rates.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients by taking patient history, preparing for surgical procedures; also able to explain post operative care including diet restrictions, medication requirements, use of drains/wound care supplies.
- Booked OR time at hospital three weeks ahead by managing schedules of 50+ staff members simultaneously; recognized by supervisor as “the best scheduler ever.”
- Recognized as an effective communicator who provided outstanding customer service to patients, visitors, and medical staff.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 3
- Introduced new policies to approach patient care in a more respectful, informative, and professional manner while working on the neuro-surgical unit.
- Worked independently without close supervision; served as back-up for several surgical procedures using innovative techniques that led to less invasive surgery.
- Recognized by co-workers for work ethic, superior communication skills, leadership qualities, and willingness to help others.
- Exhibited patience and understanding with patients who displayed emotional problems; worked with hospital staff regarding issues of mental health consent prior to surgeries.
- Deployed knowledge of best practices during cardiac surgeries through research via DNV GL guidelines.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 4
- Achieved California Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) designation; an honor bestowed only on the top 10% of certified surgical technologists in the state.
- Successfully completed CST apprenticeship, passing an exam administered by nationally recognized Academy of Surgical Technology (AST). Participating in required clinical rotations at local area hospitals.
- Attained American College of Surgeons credentialing for perioperative services, allowing me to work in most United States operating rooms upon graduation from one-year certification program.
- Received First Place nomination by graduating class for dedication and commitment to patient care.
- Recognized as a dependable, reliable team player who is punctual and well-groomed.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 5
- Successfully passed the National Certified Surgical Technologist Examination.
- Awarded “Most Outstanding Surgery Technician” certificate in recognition of outstanding performance during a weeks-long surgery rotation involving emergency surgeries, where I was responsible for preparing and maintaining equipment indispensible to these procedures.
- Recognized from peers from other departments for efficient processing of four cases in half the usual time by completing preliminary tasks ahead of schedule while working in a multi-tasking environment.
- Volunteered at hospitals to provide free health care services to underprivileged communities through programs such as Sight For All, Water Charity, Haiti Relief Project, etc.
- Received exceptional evaluation after submitting application for employment with hospital; administrators sought to hire me on the basis of my positive role model for new technicians and potential ability in organ transplant nursing.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 6
- Administered anesthesia before, during, and after surgical procedures to patients under the direct supervision of a physician.
- Prepared operating rooms for surgery by laying out instruments and equipment.
- Monitored patient vital signs throughout surgery.
- Interacted with physicians, nurses, therapists, and other members of the surgical team in order to assist them with their duties.
- Advised surgeons on technical aspects of care based on medical history including anesthesia levels, pain management strategies, incision closure techniques, and post-operative treatment protocols.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 7
- Prepared patient and operative site for surgery by shaving areas, administering preoperative medication, scrubbing and gowning.
- Acted as first assistant to the surgeon by holding retractors; placing sutures; removing excess tissue; cutting suture material; tying knots.
- Assisted in closing surgical wounds by applying/removing staples or stitches, placing bandages on incisions.
- Trained over 10 Certified Surgical Technicians during orientations throughout three hospitals.
- Mentored new hires on proper protocols of sterile technique.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 8
- Accurately and efficiently prepared patients for surgery in a timely fashion in preparation for the surgical team.
- Identified preexisting conditions in preoperative patient visits with surgical specialists which allowed for safer, better informed surgeries.
- Successfully passed certification test on first attempt with top score in my training group. Certified by American Association of Blood Banks (AABB).
- Produced 95% accuracy rate throughout pregnancy ultrasounds performed at hospital; recognized with award by director of radiology department.
- Completed internship program with excellence, documented accurately on all forms with no error or discrepancy.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 9
- Accomplished technical tasks with surgical instruments, lights, suction apparatus, and sterile drapes to assist doctors in performing operative procedures.
- Responded to emergency situations by initiating rescue measures; preserved life during severe cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Identified major factors correlated to accidental separations of catheters from central lines; created preventive measure flowcharts.
- Successfully completed training course for the use of Simpletech software, an electronic medical records system; devised strategies to maximize workflow efficiency.
- Functioned as a surgical technologist in hospitals around the world; positively influenced patients’ healing process through empathy, dedication, and attentiveness.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 10
- Performed over 80 cases each month to ensure a positive patient outcome.
- Facilitated 43 cataract surgeries within one year under the supervision of a Cornea Specialist and Optometrist.
- Successfully created a pre-operative enhanced recovery program for patients, which has led to a lower complication rate and shorter length of stay post operatively.
- Recognized as an expert in patient care adhering to Medicare regulations during monthly audits, including those related to Patient Confidentiality from all departments involved with surgical procedures.
- Promoted as the first Certified Surgical Technologist at this hospital.
Certified Surgical Technologist Resume Sample 11
- Handled six surgery cases simultaneously under close supervision of the surgery nurse.
- Identified enzyme deficiency in patients with symptoms of muscle wasting and impaired glucose metabolism; expedited diagnosis and treatment.
- Prepared five surgical specimens for microscopic examination; accurately recorded results on proper documentation forms to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Reduced patient infection rate by 10 percent through sustained compliance with protective standards during tissue processing procedures.
- Managed three OR teams simultaneously, achieving deadlines for all assigned surgeries within operating room schedule; recognized by the Regional Medical Director as a team player.
To work as a Certified Surgical Technologist, you need to graduate from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program and be certified by passing the Certified Surgical Technologist exam. Certified Surgical Technologists must demonstrate excellent communication skills, team working skills, dedication, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, dexterity, and problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.