A business consultant works onsite with a company and provides technical and professional skills to the executives and management group. They help improve workflow, increase productivity, and reduce costs or waste. A business consultant must have excellent communication skills in order to work well with many different types of people; they also typically need extensive knowledge of office software such as Microsoft Word and Excel. The top skills for this position are technical knowledge, leadership, problem-solving, professional development, and project management. An advanced degree such as a master’s or doctorate is required along with several years of relevant work experience.
The Best Business Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Business Consultant resumes for your reference.
- Work with the Innovation team in creating proposals to introduce Digital Strategy initiatives.
- Initiated the center of excellence for Business Analysis in defining Agile project delivery methodology and templates.
- Facilitate project status meetings and provide weekly status reports to Business stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews and workshops with end users/SMEs to learn their business needs and perform GAP analysis.
- Researched and launched startups for the purpose of increasing business sales of eight major corporations.
- Consult and build professional relationships with business clients to ensure customer loyalty and minimize churn; as well as ensure the client receives the best prints in accordance with the requests prescribed by them.
- Micromanage meetings between internal and external clients to meet tight deadlines.
- Facilitate the project requirements in a timely manner by organizing the assets, implement a work schedule to process requests for new order entries.
- Create print-ready files, color corrections, resizing and proofing, and coordinate design of the client’s brand.
- Educated and trained workers to effectively obtain and retain work, resulting in an annual 1% gain in employment for two different companies that were close to bankruptcy.
- Worked closely with key customers to keep them updated on process changes designed to improve service.
- Submitted regular reports to the owner about company health and new initiatives in progress.
- Established methods for testing business applications and created templates for reports used to monitor the application’s effectiveness.
- Improved office morale at a company by implementing a new employee training program.
- Expanded business operations through the development of plans for growth, thereby increasing annual sales by 15%. Nominated for Highest Sales Award by Chief Executive Officer. Received a $3,000 bonus reward.
- Establishing and managing database of potential students: phone calls, emailing, SMS actions, newsletter, etc.
- Developing reports to improve sales team performance and forecast sales targets.
- Organizing students’ outdoor activities, graduation ceremonies, and official visits such as ambassador visits, foreign delegations.
- Generated new client leads through effective marketing strategies and relationships with government officials, establishing long-term security for clients’ future financial success.
- Trained and supervised business professionals in the consulting industry.
- Lead a team focused on building and maintaining relationships with key corporate decision-makers, establishing large-volume, high-profit accounts producing high profitability annually while maintaining excellent levels of retention.
- Facilitated the sales process by including strategic partners, such as treasury management, investments, merchant services, and commercial lending services.
- Managed a book of business of 550 clients while expanding portfolio by 30% and having a balanced growth of over ten million dollars in 2016.
- Employee Advisory Panel member dedicated to helping bank enact policies for the betterment of all employees, technology updates, ATM enhancements, and policies.
- Introduced methods of leadership, team building, and personal and professional development for executives in over 50 corporations.
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions on a daily basis for various large and midsize companies.
- Perform full-charge bookkeeping duties, which include preparation of financial statements, journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, and correction of trust account records in accordance with state bar regulations.
- Utilize PC Law, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Office expertise in tracking accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and managing business and trust accounts.
- Organized fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
- Responsible for contacting potential clients; developed a client base of over 1,000 individuals.
- Developed change management program to ensure indirect procurement process and system which was successfully adopted across the organization.
- Experience in assisting & ensuring service delivery of contracts served out of locations across the country.
- Designed and delivered communication and training plans to engage employees for key changes and guided resourcing.
- Offering suite to collectively improve solution market relevancy and drive the increase in customer transformation and client engagements.
- Served as a resource for new business opportunities as well as completed a full year of work as an intern within the homes, gardens, and gardens at Cape Cod National Seashore on Island Massachusetts.
- Act as primary contact for client escalations; resolve issues in a timely manner by partnering with internal teams and vendors.
- Provide consultative guidance to clients and prospects such as proactively formulating and evaluating their inventory plans to ensure company products and services are providing maximum value.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to discuss business expansion based on industry trends and market research.
- Function as a collaborative partner to the sales team to establish and build client relationships for new business and retention.
- Redefined management strategies for international hotel corporations that resulted in significant sales and market share increases for three consecutive years.
- Led 5-person team in developing a feedback-rich customer satisfaction survey, analyzed responses, and reported findings to senior management.
- Focused Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) initiative on building a systematic approach to generating meaningful responses from the customer service survey.
- Recommended Salesforce.com as a technological solution for Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Negotiated key agreements between manufacturer and distributor, which led to increased profit margins for both entities.
- Directed staff of fifteen individuals in growing a small business by 10 percent every year by implementing new operational systems and enhancing sales procedures.
- Analyzed financial performance of sales and costs and increase diversified revenue stream by creating a new channel to distribute leadership training courses.
- Increased and diversified donations by improving the mobile experience by encouraging a higher amount of smaller donations.
- Clarified donor’s motivation by examining the result of Qualtrics survey to improve performance on the impact of donation and public fiscal transparency.
- Introduced programs, procedures, and policies that resulted in improved employee satisfaction; decreased turnover; and enhanced productivity of the geographically dispersed organizations.
- Facilitated cross-cultural communication between a global hotel chain and an American manufacturer that caused the manufacturer to increase its marketing efforts in overseas markets while reducing overhead costs substantially.
- Led team of 4 graduate students tasked with providing statistics and strategic analysis on soft cost insights.
- Executed machine learning (Random Forest) to discern a correlation between project properties and categorized proportion of soft and construction cost.
- Built an interactive tool via Python GUI, facilitating clients to access soft costs results easily by selecting different values of antecedent variables.
- Curated research findings, developed recommendations, and assisted in the implementation of a re-branding campaign.
- Facilitated communication and cooperation among team members to improve individual performance.
- Consult potential clients to determine clients’ assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives.
- Educate clients on energy efficiency and saving them 10% light bill and usage incentives.
- Complete sales order tickets for processing of client-requested transactions and securities.
- Protected company assets by retracing the sources of leaked confidential client information.
- Secured a contract extension with a key client; analyzed data and determined vital areas of future growth.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.