Members of the unix production support team are tasked with the implementation and maintenance of Enterprise Network Management applications. Duties include monitoring the software, correcting technical issues, creating Unix and Oracle tools to speed the process of handling tickets, supporting the worldwide internal network, designing the internal wireless network, and performing data migration.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best UNIX System Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real UNIX System Administrator resumes for your reference.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Administered, configured, and custom-programmed UNIX system to meet changing customer needs for MIS database administration.
- Configured software to control hardware redundancy during downtime to minimize server users’ inconvenience.
- Established automation scripts for efficient application deployment.
- Improved customer service by installing unattended workstations in the account services department.
- Developed user documentation to increase system manageability and performance efficiency.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Constantly managed all mission-critical systems within the DSN across multiple time zones. Created and managed 70 virtual servers, 20 workstations, and a dozen dedicated servers.
- Programmed three major computer system projects from concept to completion with positive results for both internal and external customers.
- Installed a high-end telecommunications system for a major financial organization to meet their rapidly expanding business needs.
- Managed a team of 50 IT professionals with a rigorous performance management program that provided instruction at all levels of the organization. Relentlessly pursued project objectives with minimum disruptions to operations.
- Converted the entire DSN to UNIX for maximum performance and security. Successfully managed multiple time zones, international business, and information privacy issues. Entirely satisfied all customers under very tight deadlines with minimum interruptions.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Created and deployed Server and Client applications.
- Implemented the ability to detect and remove web-based threats.
- Created and released new software products such as server-side database administration, implemented database replication & clustering, installed and configured firewalls, storage, servers.
- Accomplished 2 years of service as a UNIX System Administrator for a Washington D.C.-based law firm, deploying and maintaining the organization’s newly acquired UNIX servers and systems.
- Performed networking, database administration, and web development that allowed for maximum return on investment.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Troubleshot, diagnosed, and resolved computer problems that cross-trained into network access points.
- Supervised six site technicians, four engineering associates, and three administrators to install 6400 workstations throughout the entire organization.
- Created Linux system administration manuals with clarifications of SysAdmin procedures with step-by-step examples of how to solve tasks in Linux.
- Provided firewall solutions for domain users during the installation of firewalls on over one hundred servers.
- Managed teams of programmers, system engineers, programmers support personnel, security specialists, log managers, database administrators, system admins., etc. to assist computer users in solving technical problems.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Instigated and created UNIX systems administration classes for the University’s computing department.
- Systematically performed administrative roles for several departments, including purchasing, accounting, logistics, and equipment maintenance.
- Managed the implementation of database management tools including Informix, Oracle, Sybase, OraServer, and SQL Server.
- Performed system administration tasks under the Resource Manager’s direction for the development of a telecommunications system.
- Planned implementation phases to enhance software development capabilities by expanding payroll processing capacity to include bank reconciliation processes.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Upgraded computer hardware by troubleshooting FDDI cable, SCSI drives, and Printers. Supported network by updating IPX, IP, NetBEUI protocols with Windows NT.
- Coordinated installation of new Fiber Optic T1 lines in order to support bandwidth for ATM Networking.
- Troubleshot database connectivity problems between UNIX System V Release 4.0 with Oracle Corporation’s relational database management system with Sybase software release 5.0
- Developed data network with ISDN and DSL technologies to support Internet services and Home Banking Applications.
- Designed Windows NT 4.0 Server to support multiple independent internet sites without overloading the machine.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Developed complex UNIX server files for optimizing system performance under limited resources.
- Monitored three networked servers, developed user scripts, and resolved problems with non-working software.
- Installed new computers, configured hardware devices, added new users and maintained accurate records of the changes made.
- Researched software products to avoid future conflicts or incompatibility with existing systems.
- Provided client support by conducting onsite training sessions on new operating systems.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Established, organized, configured, and maintained a “DYNAMIC” UNIX System with network security.
- Provided technical support by responding to queries regarding system parameters. Installed new hardware, software applications, and utilities to keep up with company growth.
- Automated operations by using RUPs (Run-Time Units). Integrated processes for migration of system documentation to electronic format.
- Identified trends in industry segments that resulted in actions required for shortening product development cycle time and increasing productivity.
- Established logical partitions for data storage based on four major programs which created the basis for personal computer database applications.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Managed and maintained web and email servers for the department of thirty. Coordinated migrations, installations, and upgrades to operating system software; designed and implemented backup procedures.
- Trained users on the use of VPN (virtual private network) software to ensure secure communication through remote dial-in servers.
- Extensively implemented training programs such as Six Sigma Black Belt into daily operations; increased productivity by 33 percent within the first four months of operation.
- Maintained entire systems inventory; ensured efficient use of system resources and elimination of unnecessary expenditures by correctly identifying excesses and obsolescence.
- Recognized for outstanding employee performance; received company-sponsored awards for excellence in customer service and excellence in mentoring.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Developed and implemented company and personal computer systems and network, network security (firewall), Lotus Notes, Sybase, SQL Server.
- Supported the company’s online database with daily data backups from two UNIX servers, two NT servers added during the holidays.
- Built a DOS network capable of supporting 100 users with three Windows NT servers.
- Demonstrated new skills in general system administration while supporting new hardware installation needed to accommodate an online update of UNIX machines.
- Maintain close contact with outside software companies’ programmers for continual updates of new features on applications.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Supervised the installation, maintenance, and repair of UNIX systems.
- Corrected problems with system configurations.
- Enforced procedures for system backups; provided technical support to end-users; determined hardware specifications for maintaining system integrity.
- Designed new methods of organizing existing systems to increase efficiency, reliability, and security.
- Responsible for the overall administration of over 100 UNIX machines.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Supported the profitability, reliability, and security of over 200 systems by keeping 15 users under control with minimum downtime.
- Performed hardware installation, repair, and troubleshooting via UNIX commands.
- Resolved system problems in a timely manner despite frequent outages caused by faulty hardware or software.
- Taught new employees to install and maintain UNIX systems in-house.
- Deployed UNIX systems for various students in various time zones around the world via satellite links via the internet.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 13
- Collaborated with partner organizations to implement new systems and technology.
- Participated in the implementation of new systems and hardware upgrades for the office.
- Developed system standards, procedures, procedures documentation, and reports.
- Evaluated, selected, implemented, and maintained all security needs of the department. Contributed to quality assurance programs.
- Achieved outstanding quality rating for overall performance; documented solutions to problems encountered.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 14
- Able to scaffold high-speed Internet Web servers at speeds 100% of the time.
- Received award for leading DMZ server replacement project; successfully executed 6-week change out of main Web servers resulting in a reduction of downtimes by 75%.
- Achieved accolades for developing detailed network documentation that assisted in the implementation of new UNIX-based computer systems within the company.
- Earned recognition for maintaining enterprise UNIX server performance by successfully handling issues that affected more than 1,000 users.
- Trained junior UNIX administrators in all phases of implementing, administering, and troubleshooting server security, user management, and directory services.
UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 15
- Volunteers for data processing, database administration, and user group leadership programs.
- Maintains system security by maintaining Permissions, password management, and system configuration.
- Provides technical support services to all email accounts for mainframe, Internet access assigned by assigned/staffed users.
- Voted “Best Support” at the “Information Technology” User Group event.
- Regularly contributes to website maintenance and web hosting services for web pages that are hosted on servers in the United States or Canada.
A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in electrical engineering, computer information systems or related field will be essential. Candidates should have considerable experience in the field, understanding of production support, the ability to work in a team, the flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, the ability to collaborate, and extensive skill sets in Unix, SQL and shell scripting.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best UNIX System Administrator Resume Samples
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 1
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 2
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 3
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 4
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 5
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 6
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 7
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 8
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 9
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 10
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 11
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 12
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 13
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 14
- UNIX System Administrator Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up