A Project Accountant monitors the finances of a company project. Their duties include tracking budget requests from Project Managers, recording approved project budgets, reviewing and auditing invoices, reviewing and reconciling vendor statements, updating the accounting system and recommending changes to capital planning processes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Project Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Project Accountant resumes for your reference.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Faced technical and human accounting-specific challenges daily during one year as a field accountant and bookkeeper for a small firm.
- Researched and established month-end procedures; created monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; prepared settlements; posted salaries; maintained invoices; booked expenses; maintained inventory records; established accounts payable & receivable methods.
- Facilitated the development of accounting processes such as check writing, general ledger entries (bookkeeping), payroll, direct deposit, and credit card authorization/issuance.
- Supplied guidance to three employees in the application of personal financial management techniques to business practices.
- Trimmed net income variance to below the company average by 10% through creative cost-cutting measures.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Learned all steps of the accounting cycle from entry to a daily close.
- Prepared financial statements for small international corporations.
- Accomplished accuracy in recording and analyzing small transactions, including preparation of reports using software purchased from a private company.
- Completed self-study courses from a professional organization during my early 20s in order to become a certified A&A accountant.
- Delegated many tasks in a fast-paced environment, even while working 60 hours per week.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Completed initial 25 hours of a college education.
- Submitted multiple CPA exam review courses (papers and quizzes) for review and correction by instructors.
- Created advertising literature for local martial arts schools.
- Performed financial analysis of business performance, operating costs, and cost-cutting opportunities.
- Analyzed and reconciled bank statements of single and family businesses.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Delivered accurate and timely financial data and reports for global businesses, large and small.
- Advised and directed staff on all accounting, tax, and financial policy matters to ensure optimal cost savings.
- Managed over $17 million in annual personnel, material, and travel expenses to ensure accuracy of internal controls within budget.
- Negotiated multiple contracts for company advertising with major television networks to promote brand recognition.
- Trained thirty-five new staff on advanced general ledger procedures within six months while maintaining current client account management.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Studied, introduced, and implemented process improvement methods in a growing multi-location company.
- Created, maintained, and continually improved project accounting systems for six different accounting & auditing services.
- Assisted with quarterly financial reports to 100+ clients for the past five years.
- Researched and analyzed over $1 million in annual project costs to $) company’s nine subsidiaries.
- Diagnosed potential liabilities under the Internal Revenue Code.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Enhanced organizational performance by recommending daily cost controls, record analysis, and streamlined work procedures.
- Diagnosed business problems through process flowcharting of work-in-process documentation to reduce costs by 50% in six months.
- Troubleshoot logistical problems that caused service interruption for 10 stores in three states with effective switchboard routing during shift change.
- Increased company profits by 20% within 15 months of on-the-job training while defining all business procedures applicable to a new strategic plan.
- Secured $500 million in capital investments for new development projects with comprehensive proposal presentations.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Certified as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor, and audited more than 60 corporate and small business financial records using software and procedures of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Helped businesses and individuals recover more than $350,000 in income that was improperly reported or not reported at all on tax returns.
- Increased revenue for a corporation by more than $300,000 through training and supervision on accurate bookkeeping practices.
- Created accounting software programs to improve internal control systems for two companies, as well as streamlined accounting tasks for ten additional companies.
- Helped a corporation avoid the loss of federal and state tax credits by successfully contesting IRS rulings.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Developed methods for assigning, tracking, and collecting the cost of emergency response inventory.
- Led transition of departmental procedures to multi-year budgeting with zero rate growth because of increased employee efficiency.
- Balanced every monthly account statement without error during the first three months on the job.
- Focused on corporate growth after identifying opportunities for using excess inventory as promotional gifts for clients.
- Increased income from $900,000 to $1.2 million during my first year as Account Manager by establishing new accounts and improving marketing techniques.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Maximized the financial effectiveness of over 25 businesses by streamlining expenses, reducing waste, and analyzing profitability.
- Improved record accuracy by 20% through computerization of financial records.
- Was responsible for developing new cost-cutting procedures to increase profits while reducing overhead costs at the corporate office.
- Pivoted the corporate structure from a departmental model to a service-oriented business model.
- Increased the quarterly revenue for Group X by 30% after instituting an incentive plan to motivate technical employees.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Reconciled discrepancies in the financial records of our organization within budgets, deadlines, and legal constraints.
- Maintained the integrity of our company’s assets through company audits, including inventory countdowns, IT system security, and source code validation.
- Assisted in the development of the fiscal budget for our organization by determining revenue estimates for new clients.
- Tracked cash flow projections for our financial operations across multiple fiscal periods by using calculators, spreadsheets, and database management systems.
- Resolved complex accounting issues from multiple public utility companies by inspecting receipts, applying accounting principles, and compiling audit reports.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Filed and compiled monthly accounting, tax, quarterly financial statements, and annual auditing reports for the Women’s Martial Arts Program.
- Created graphs, charts, performance sheets, after-tax customer profit analysis reports for five personal training businesses.
- Reviewed supply contracts for quality control prior to acceptances.
- Reviewed invoices to spot discrepancies.
- Cited credit card overcharges to banks for repayment.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Trained professional accountants, particularly in the areas of government taxation, itemized deductions, and personal income taxes.
- Designed and implemented computerized financial management systems for small business clients to generate accurate financial statements.
- Developed procedures for collecting delinquent accounts receivable, organizing collections into 30-day delinquency cycles, and developing corresponding budget forecasts.
- Managed costs for five different costs centers to maintain corporate profitability.
- Developed compensation structures for twenty-two employees to maximize productivity with limited overhead cost.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Top-rated employee among new hires after learning job duties, software, and company policies within two months.
- Drafted numerous useful suggestions that were implemented into the accounting department workflow increasing efficiency by 20%.
- Achieved 100% on daily balance reconciliations with no errors for five consecutive months.
- Improved internal procedures of the company’s accounts payable department by 10% resulting in $25,000 of annual savings.
- Managed the three largest accounts totaling $1 billion annually for an international business client.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 14
- Served as the primary financial supervisor for Kaiser Construction Organization’s quarterly budgeting process, which resulted in a near 100% accuracy rate during the past five fiscal years.
- Coordinated successful submission of Kaiser Construction’s annual tax filings during the past decade, accounting for complex debts and credits between federal, state, and municipal agencies.
- Resolved all outstanding auditing issues during annual audits by mid-level corporate managers.
- Maintained Kaiser Construction’s monthly cash book and S-26 reports throughout the past fifteen years.
- Resolved all issues regarding Kaiser Construction’s IRS audit during the past two years, as the primary financial director of Grand Operations, Inc.
Project Accountant Resume Sample 15
- Audited over 5,000 businesses throughout the Midwest, East Coast, and Pacific Northwest.
- Assisted small/medium-sized companies through financial management & strategic planning.
- Wrote books on personal financial management for small business owners to prevent unnecessary losses.
- Investigated every penny spent by over 4,000 clients for free personal tax preparation.
- Created CPA firm with over 100 employees serving more than 500 clients nationwide.
To work as a Project Accountant you must have a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field. To be successful as a Project Accountant you must have excellent computer skills, a complex understanding of mathematics and accounting, have strong problem-solving skills, the ability to communicate clearly and work with a team, possess strong analytical skills, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.