Operating Room Nurses are in charge of assisting surgeons during operations in a medical facility. Their duties include assessing patients before surgery, gathering all supplies needed, keeping the operation room sterilized, positioning and preparing patients on the table, passing medical instruments or other objects to surgeons during operations, and monitoring patients’ vital signs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Operating Room Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Operating Room Nurse resumes for your reference.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Performed a technical task (flow management during surgical labor) that saved the patient’s life.
- Successfully completed surgery for a ruptured aneurysm; stabilized patient recovery to allow for discharge home with follow-up visit in 24 hours.
- Coordinated with other hospital staff and successfully implemented a medical decision-making protocol to assist another healthcare provider with management of the patients’ condition.
- Maintained awareness of all emergencies and complications associated with the treatment area.
- Received recognition from physician for her outstanding interaction with the patient and excellent nursing skills. Sustained an overall score of 91%.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Earned appreciation award for completing 8 root canals in 4 hours.
- Presented at the regional conference on “Trauma Nursing and Management” while operating on a man whose leg had been crushed by a truck tire.
- Received award for best operative report for “Splenic Cystectomy and Splenostomy”.
- Achieved award for assisting with the highest number of surgeries during the sales contest.
- Made department head for owning 15 patients admitted for laparoscopic surgery in one day.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Providing care to patients within the OR to make them as comfortable as possible, both pre and post op.
- Working with surgeons and physicians on pre/post-op care of patients.
- Assisting in the daily flow of operation at the hospital by informing the surgeons of their next patients arrival, taking them to operation rooms, or receiving and redirecting them depending on their needs.
- Learning new procedures from surgical technicians in order to aid in training other staff.
- Committed to continuing education of self while being taught best practices by peers. Earned credit for each course taken at local medical school and hospital.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Performed examinations, intervention, & surgery for patients that were in critical condition; observed victims of natural and man-made disasters.
- Developed an extra care plan for each patient as a result of injuries sustained due to accidents or medical conditions.
- Created & documented medical official report documents for individuals that had sustained severe injuries.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager as a top performer; earned the opportunity to be part of Team Docs!
- Saved a patient’s life and received the award for Clinical Excellence during the month of March.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Gave first-aid to dozens of children during dances and parties.
- Provided mental health counseling to children, parents, and senior citizens.
- Enrolled family members into physical therapy.
- Received award for saving a life.
- Received award for improving community relationships through service to the elderly and children.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Performed well in a wide variety of surgical specialties; demonstrated superb technical skill and keen observation.
- Trained in related areas of Medicine and Surgery.
- Received appreciation for excellent performance on call in OR, PACU, as well as Labor and Delivery units.
- Recognized as a team player; received a leadership award for improving the overall department’s productivity by 13% while raising the department’s patient satisfaction level to above 85%.
- Received award for exceeding desired number of paper folders used during ED shift.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 7
- As a member of the team at XYZ Medical Center, I am responsible for the health and well-being of each patient. I perform this responsibility with compassion and dedication to duty.
- Adept in performing general operating room duties including scrubbing, placing instruments and maintaining a sterile surgical field.
- Provided primary care and assistance to physicians, surgeons and the clinical staff. Attended staff meetings, reviewed departmental records pertaining to daily activities, updated required forms per doctor’s requests, assisted in departmental budgeting processes, initiated and provided follow up on surgical reports regarding equipment inventory control issues.
- Ensures that all equipment and supplies ordered by the OR staff are maintained at proper levels.
- Maintains an overall responsibility for the departmental budgeting process.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Achieved high level of proficiency in a specific area of expertise.
- Received excellent performance evaluation relating to exceptional customer service; consistently exceeded expectations; personally completed more than 200 procedures per year during an 18-month period.
- Achieved top score on five patient care skills tests; added value by challenging the patient’s treatment plan and reworking ideas that have proven unsuccessful over the past six months.
- Participated in two cancer walks, two senior citizens volleyball games, two local car shows, seven community events and five church activities in the past six months; participated in over 50 events since entering employment.
- Recognized for consistently completing the highest number of new patient visits, on time and with a friendly attitude; patients sent more than 50 letters of appreciation to employers.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Completed 3 years of advanced training as an Operating Room Nurse for the University of California at LA.
- Registered and certified in the geographic territory that encompassed LA County, San Diego, Long Beach, Bakersfield, and Ventura.
- Adhered to guidelines regarding sterilization procedures when preparing instruments.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; received award from the Regional Manager for consistently delivering superior service on a daily basis.
- Performed 10-year Cancer Care Nurses Maternity Leave for maternity coverage of patients with malignant disease.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Ordered equipment (regardless of urgency) and ensured that the items received were to the physician’s satisfaction.
- Received many compliments for exceptional bedside manner. Promoted on account of excellent communication skills, all in all a very pleasant experience.
- Created a uniform policy for use of patient records and called attention to discrepancies in documentation style, with immediate effect; received appreciation from patient care coordinator and physician.
- Gave great care to each patient; met with specific staff members regarding deficiency; provided prompt follow-up at end of shift. Received praise from the physician and hospital administrator.
- Received the esteem of the nurse manager for excellence in service; was rewarded for excellent performance.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Providing compassionate care to patients and their families with a positive attitude while maintaining professionalism.
- Achieved highest level of proficiency in Gynecology during my first year of employment.
- Monitored, charted and documented patient progress on an electronic health record within a timeframe that surpassed the goals set by hospital management.
- Received recognition for excellence in patient satisfaction during annual employee survey.
- Achieved award as Nurse of the Month for March 2011.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 12
- Rescued victims from the operating room.
- Communicated effectively with patients, family members and physicians during the time of an emergency.
- Rescued victims from ICU; treated a patient after a contaminated fluid was given to him.
- Implemented an accurate blood pressure and heart rate monitor on each patient; charged appropriate medication, prescribed or ordered by the physician.
- Achieved award for assisting with the highest number of surgical oncology cases in a single day as a team member.
Operating Room Nurse Resume Sample 13
- Handled delicate surgical procedures during emergency times, directed nursing personnel and supervised the activities of the operating room in accordance with established standards.
- Performed routine surgical procedures including; changing sterile dressings, assisting surgeons during surgeries and administering anesthesia to patients as directed.
- Trained and developed new nursing personnel for operating room department; acted as training coordinator for pre-employment classes and in-service training for present staff.
- Established cost control measures for operating room area.
- Recommended changes to medical staff that resulted in better organization of emergency trauma activities.
To work as an Operating Room Nurse, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Nursing and a Nursing license. Operation Room Nurses must demonstrate organizational skills, communication skills, emotional stamina, physical stamina, computer skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.