The Occupational Health Nurse is responsible for providing first aid and emergency care for occupational injuries and illnesses. Their duties include providing initial assessment of work-related injuries and illnesses, conducting pre-employment physicals and drug screens, conducting accident investigations, communicating safety concerns, preparing injury reports, consulting with on-site doctors, documentation, and conducting on-site assessments. Occupational Health Nurses must be a Registered Nurse who has completed a nursing program(RN). Successful Occupational Health Nurses have knowledge of case management, knowledge of workers’ compensation regulations, familiarity with OSHA regulations, excellent organizational skills, communications skills, ability to handle confidential information, good computer skills and ability to deal effectively with a variety of situations.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Occupational Health Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Occupational Health Nurse resumes for your reference.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Provided quality customer service for over 3,000 employees to ensure a safe working environment.
- Conveyed important medical information regarding the prevention of illness and injury to employees in order to protect them from work-related hazards.
- Identified significant gaps between current policies and procedures; revised programs, education materials, and services that met best practices for awareness on substance abuse, sexual harassment/violence prevention.
- Achieved health unit accreditation award by effectively planning and organizing required documentation.
- Assisted with inspection preparations resulting in a high pass rate of 98% which is well above the national average; recognized by Site VP as exemplary performance.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Provided and updated nursing care plans for patients with stable conditions following best practices and guidelines of the Occupational Health Nurse job description.
- Prepared and provided patient education seminars for health promotion regarding cardiovascular, diabetic, and neurological disorders.
- Collaborated with Medical doctors to consult about nursing diagnosis and patient progress by taking vital signs such as blood pressure, temperature, pulse oximetry.
- Implemented protocols for medical emergencies during work hours including CPR certification; recognized as a top performer of the Occupational Health Department.
- Ensured compliance with safety standards against exposure to hazardous drugs including chemotherapy medications by completing annual training on safe handling of medicationials/pills, needles/sharps, and biohazard waste.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Administered flu shots, prepared documentation for insurance carriers regarding medical necessity, and tracked employee vaccination records.
- Restocked first aid supplies; received recognition by the Occupational Health Manager for my contribution to maintaining a safe work place.
- Resolved difficult cases using clinical skills and knowledge of musculoskeletal injuries; helped employees return to their regular duties without recurrence or worsening symptoms.
- Promoted positive morale in the department; joined activities such as coffee machine gatherings, ice cream socials, movie nights, holiday festivities, wellness lectures about ergonomics and preventing carpal tunnel syndrome (repetitive stress injury).
- Provided emergency care to an employee who experienced shortness of breath and chest pain at the workplace; initiated first aid treatment until arrival by ambulance.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Lead occupational health practice for over 500 employees at one of the largest manufacturing companies in the southeast.
- Provided medical treatment and preventative services to company employees including drug testing, immunizations, first aid, and employee screenings.
- Awarded “Outstanding Performance” recognition from a major hospital system for superior patient care following extensive clinical evaluation of monitor devices.
- Promoted through the ranks from Staff Nurse to Clinical Coordinator within an organization recognized as a “Center of Excellence” within a professional group that was awarded as “Team of the Year”.
- Presented expert testimony regarding injured worker’s rights during Workers’ Compensation hearings twice yearly to achieve consistent approval ratings from both workers and employers.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Achieved 100% compliance with hand hygiene policy; recognized by the CEO for commitment to patient safety.
- Promoted infection control awareness throughout facility through point-of-care testing, negative pressure guidelines, and glove protocols.
- Advocated for optimal staffing levels during twelve hour night shifts to ensure uninterrupted patient care.
- Provided preventative health education on oral health risks associated with diabetes, hypertension, and smoking cessation.
- Assisted in the development of an evidence based guideline for medication administration procedure.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Processed over 400 medical reports, physicals and drug screens in a timely manner using electronic health records.
- Effectively interacted with patients of diverse backgrounds to determine appropriate treatments, procedures, or medications based on patient needs and medical guidelines.
- Consistently maintained nursing certification at the top of profession by investing over 250 hours of both professional development courses and continuing education credits every year since 2005.
- Acted as liaison between physicians and patients during complex infusions; gave injections into gluteal regions for hematology/oncology patients while maintaining sterile protocols throughout process.
- Identified new knowledge gaps within the workplace setting through research of emerging conditions for nurses working directly with patients.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Analyzed laboratory and clinical data of job related accidents or illnesses for the purpose of causal relationship, trend analysis, and accident/illness prevention.
- Collaborated on city wide initiatives to improve occupational health through proactive programs such as ergonomics education, exercise classes, blood pressure screening, etc.
- Provided nursing support during pre-placement physical examinations; helped determine medical clearance for new hires. Promoted safe work environment by maintaining records in a timely manner in accordance with U.S. regulations and OSHA standards in regards to injury & illness incidents.
- Recognized by company managers for exceptional performance in designated time frame improvement goal achievement during flu season.
- Trained/mentored new staff to understand company’s health care services.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Prepared and maintained patient record files.
- Changed and distributed dressings for wounds, burns, and abrasions.
- Performed basic first aid techniques to relieve choking and breathing difficulties.
- Managed therapeutic diets for patients with diabetes and renal failure.
- Maintained sanitary conditions by decontaminating equipment, collecting refuse, taking temperatures, etc., within the occupational health clinic.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Provided quality customer service to patients by identifying their needs and concerns; schedule appointments; answer telephones; triage for emergency room patients.
- Implemented employer’s health promotion plan which resulted in five percent reduction of the number of illnesses cases during flu season.
- Promoted wellness by providing educational resources on how to take control of one’s life through healthy habits.
- Completed coursework in child development, women’s health, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, infection control, menopause management, nutrition counseling, respiratory therapy administration.
- Assisted in the development of electronic medical records system to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Collaborated with Occupational Health Associates to create and maintain Nationally Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (NCMA) certification.
- Served as a key member of the Occupational Health Nursing Team responsible for patient care, incident reports, and incident investigation.
- Enhanced quality health care through effective management of Occupational Health Nurse shortage; achieved savings in excess of $30,000 by reallocating resources to meet critical needs.
- Promoted positive customer service and team building among employees through collaboration with department managers and human resources.
- Collaborated with medical staff and hospital administration to develop new initiatives that improved clinical processes while reducing costs.
Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Provided the best quality of care for over 3000 employees; recognized by human resources and management as a Top 5 performer.
- Trained nursing students in the prevention, recognition, and treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Diagnosed patients with acute health conditions using clinical guidelines to provide appropriate interventions according to current infection control practices.
- Wrote patient education materials used to explain diagnostic tests and treatments; effectively communicated information about medical conditions that would influence lifestyle choices to improve well-being.
- Provided accurate documentation related to diagnosis, intervention, and outcomes; upheld confidentiality standards required by professional licensing board.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Occupational Health Nurse Resume Samples
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Occupational Health Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up