A loss prevention associate follows procedures to prevent loss of an organization’s assets to theft or vandalism. Duties include vigilant monitoring of company assets, identifying theft and safety risks, documenting security-related incidents, conducting investigations, apprehending shoplifters according to company policies, monitoring security systems such as alarms, locks, and closed-circuit tv.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is required and additional experience in law enforcement or security is often preferred. Preferred skills include the ability to maintain calm in volatile situations, attention to detail, the ability to stand or remain in one position for extended periods of time, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, the ability to write clearly, and the ability to maintain discretion.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Loss Prevention Associate Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Loss Prevention Associate resumes for your reference.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 1
- Monitored, inspected, and searched customers’ property for shoplifting or theft at department stores.
- Detected suspicious behavior of customers through observation of body language, facial expressions, answers to questions during interviews, listening for inconsistencies between answers provided by the customer and other sources.
- Apprehended two shoplifters on their second offense successfully restraining them using handcuffs.
- Actively participated in weekly briefings that alerted associates of robberies occurring both locally and nationally.
- Received outstanding quality award; analyzed data relating to loss prevention cases resulting in high productivity rate.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 2
- Effectively supervised a staff of up to eight security officers.
- Developed and implemented a training program for all security personnel involving the use of force, conflict management, crime prevention techniques, and hostage situation response.
- Identified organizational needs and established effective working relationships with other loss prevention managers from local stores to develop an efficient system of store patrol routes.
- Initiated new procedures that effectively reduced shrinkage by 30%.
- Act as a liaison between law enforcement agencies and store management resolving legal problems as they arise.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 3
- Identified a shoplifter who concealed merchandise in a large purse and alerted security of other unusual activity.
- Educated customers on the importance of adhering to company policy for returns, exchanges, and receipts.
- Prevented several thefts through legal awareness training at establishment entrances/exits by displaying personal knowledge of retail policies and procedures.
- Investigated theft claims by interviewing witnesses and reviewing surveillance footage with managers to draw conclusions about circumstances.
- Received award from the manager for outstanding service provided to team members during an active shooter threat incident that occurred inside the work area.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 4
- Recovered merchandise in excess of $60,000.
- Prevented loss by maintaining awareness of surroundings and identifying suspicious persons inside the store.
- Conducted successful investigations that led to prosecution in each case successfully resolved.
- Served as liaison between management, corporate security, and local law enforcement agencies during serious incidents involving violent crime.
- Received Outstanding Performance Award for arrest rate exceeding 33% above quota; cooperatively developed safety plan with local police department to address shoplifting problem at business locations.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 5
- Conducted physical searches of employees, vendors, and customers at all entrances to prevent contraband from entering the facility.
- Monitored closed-circuit TV surveillance equipment to identify unusual behavior or suspicious circumstances. Trained security officers on law enforcement techniques.
- Identified theft trends by analyzing digital video footage in conjunction with store loss prevention agents.
- Achieved highest departmental grade point average during major studies in Criminal Justice. Excelled at data analysis through the knowledge of statistical software programs including SPSS and Excel for Windows.
- Contributed to the organization’s goal of providing customer service by preventing shoplifting incidents outside the store premises.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 6
- Lead a team of 12 to provide security at three stores including customer service, inventory, and loss prevention.
- Reduce shrink from $160,000 to $90,000 in one year through customer and employee relations initiatives.
- Engaged in active shooter training for 5 employees and 4 customers; saved 2 customers’ lives while managing the scene to ensure safety of all involved.
- Earned “Attitude Of Gratitude” award from President & CEO for positive outlook when faced with adversity; handled irate customer in a professional manner, maintained composure when 2nd cashier was assaulted on duty.
- First at the scene; apprehended armed gunman who attempted to rob store.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 7
- Success fully promoted to Detective. Conducted research on suspects, criminals, previous crimes, and backgrounds in order to solve criminal cases.
- Proven accurate in approach with attention to detail; able to trace evidence at the scene of a crime by searching for clues which would lead to arrest of suspects; received three merit promotions.
- Trained in Emergency Response, Self Defense Tactics (SDT), Crime Scene Protection (CSP), Arrest & Control Tactics (ACT), Patrol Procedures (PATROL-SUPV) and Management Skills (MGMT).
- Assisted customers with issues ranging from store policy questions to theft investigations; developed strong working relationships with local law enforcement agencies.
- Provided crime prevention information to customers and community organizations; served as a victim assistance counselor for crime victims.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 8
- Identified and apprehended two shoplifters by following proper security procedures.
- Aided in the apprehension of over $125,000 of stolen goods; recognized by the store manager for outstanding performance.
- Trained new hires on company’s loss prevention policies and procedures to ensure adherence with laws enforced at all times.
- Resolved customer complaints while ensuring compliance with company policy; recognized for professional demeanor and service skills.
- Received high scores on quarterly evaluations; positively reflected on the business’ image through delivery of extraordinary customer service.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 9
- Conducted surveillance, detained suspects, and maintained order during a high-risk investigation.
- Searched the belongings of customers, employees, and vendors to protect against theft.
- Received recognition from management for excellence in customer service.
- Monitored the activity of patrons on premises as part of contracted security services offered by business.
- Gathered information as a covert operative to prevent acts of terrorism as well as provide protection to those at risk from extremist groups.
Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 10
- Completed over 60 hours of training and workshops, to include Retail Loss Prevention / Asset Protection; successfully completed Six Sigma training; attended seminars on theft deterrence and avoidance techniques.
- Identified and apprehended a juvenile shoplifter (14 years old); approached by suspect’s mother thanking me for acting responsibly and correctly in the apprehension of her child.
- Sought participation with other security officers in proactively identifying potential criminal activity during inspections of stores; developed rapport with store managers and fellow associates.
- Exhibited professional demeanor throughout all approaches, interactions, confrontations, arrests, and detainments; developed ability to lead others when necessary.
- Lead team on night shifts for the purpose of consistently improving daily loss prevention objectives by using a variety of tactics, including monthly audits.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Loss Prevention Associate Resume Samples
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 1
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 2
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 3
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 4
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 5
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 6
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 7
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 8
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 9
- Loss Prevention Associate Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up