Front Desk Attendants are very similar to Hair Salon Receptionists. The difference is they are usually found working at hotels and apartment complexes. Their responsibilities include greeting residents and guests, monitoring security surveillance cameras, and following all safety and security instructions and programs of their establishments.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Front Desk Attendant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Front Desk Attendant resumes for your reference.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 1
- Provided excellent customer service in a well-organized, clean, and efficient registration area.
- Trained new personnel providing orientation on front desk procedures.
- Developed organizational system to optimize work flow processes during peak periods of high volume checking in/out guests.
- Won recognition award for excellence for creating an organized filing system that saved the company time and money.
- Achieved efficiency by quickly updating computer records through data entry into software program.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 2
- Provided efficient, personalized customer service to over 200 guests daily.
- Needed minimal supervision to monitor front office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- Efficiently scheduled meetings for department manager, including confirmation of room availability with hotel staff prior to meeting date.
- Authored monthly product review reports evaluating the quality of products received each month.
- Enhanced communication between departments after suggesting the installation of two new computer monitors at reception desk for visual access to both security cameras and office software.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 3
- Maintained records of all incoming and outgoing rentals, updating rates daily.
- Presented a professional image to guests by greeting them warmly and respectfully, while maintaining awareness of their needs.
- Promoted hotel services through coordination with colleagues; furthering success through teamwork.
- Gathered information regarding problems or complaints faced by guests for further action or mediation by management staff.
- Achieved personal goal in handling cash operations between $10-20 million per month; recognized by Hotel Manager during quarterly meeting for excellent performance.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 4
- Streamlined hotel check-in process by developing guidelines for efficiently recording vital guest information.
- Improved guest experience and satisfaction by providing a personalized service approach, including greeting guests with a smile and inquiring about their day to ensure prompt service.
- Expanded scope of responsibilities during temporary absence of management team by accurately performing all duties associated with the position, while ensuring no disruption in services was permitted.
- Shaped front desk into a center for excellence through training on new equipment and procedures resulting in increased accuracy and efficiency which saved 3 man hours daily per shift.
- Redeemed $12,000 in expenses due to superior expense management; recognized as an exemplary model of cost efficient practices by upper management.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 5
- Resolved customer concerns with exemplary service while projecting a positive attitude and enthusiasm for work.
- Performed filing, faxing, photocopying, typing, business letter writing, message taking, mail distribution activities for customers.
- Provided assistance to customers by storing luggage at the front desk. Greeted customers on arrival by providing general information about hotel services and amenities.
- Managed front office operations including maintaining daily logs of all transactions, monitoring guest account balances.
- Assisted travelers in planning their stay using the internet/e-mail program; instructed on making airline reservations through global computer reservation system (GDS).
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 6
- Displayed exceptional customer service skills by greeting all guests of the hotel, being aware of guest concerns and requests, and responding appropriately.
- Achieved high marks in phone etiquette by taking messages accurately and providing appropriate responses to customer inquiries.
- Enhanced teamwork abilities by helping co-workers complete assigned tasks on time with a positive attitude.
- Gained recognition as top sales associate for month by surpassing goals each week.
- Presented company with alternative revenue ideas through research on competitive rates and special offers at local attractions during slow season.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 7
- Handled guest requests and complaints in a professional and effective manner.
- Provided personalized information about hotel amenities, directions, and points of interest to guests.
- Promoted safety by instructing guests on property policies.
- Processed front office transactions such as check-ins, room assignments, and requests for housekeeping and maintenance services.
- Maintained the cleanliness of the front desk area and surrounding guest areas.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 8
- Completed professional office support tasks to maintain an organized, efficient work environment.
- Provided administrative assistance to the Director of the Client Services Center during meeting with public officials and representatives from various organizations.
- Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills by arranging personal schedule around company needs; recognized by supervisors for meeting or exceeding requested production standards in complete accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency.
- Performed without supervision as passing line leader for over 650 guests annually until required minimum wage increase to $7.75 per hour.
- Picked up new role as point person for walk-in clients at busy front desk; greeted visitors, answered phones, scheduled, completed monetary transactions under time pressure.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 9
- Received appreciation plaque for excellence in customer service; teamed with customers to resolve emergency, policy, and billing questions.
- Achieved award for exemplary performance at desk; advised customers of progress during check-in/check-out processes.
- Identified opportunities for improvement resulting in $50,000 cost savings through effective management of company property and resources.
- Developed relationship between hotel staff members by leading meetings concerning guest satisfaction, team morale, empowerment initiatives, workflow improvements, knowledge acquisition involving computer software training.
- Redeemed lost time through efficient workflows which allowed free time to be devoted to serving on the board of a local nonprofit organization that seeks to end hunger among children.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 10
- Received the Genesis Gold Front Desk Award for exemplary service.
- Skilled in dealing with customers on a one-to-one basis by handling complaints, requests, and organizing information for use by management.
- Evaluated phone needs of new employees by suggesting best practices to enhance training materials and departmental productivity. Aided in documentation of policies and procedures through data entry into database management system.
- Administered over $20 million in insurance coverage for 30,000 active members; certificate of recognition presented to employee group for excellence of customer service referrals generated from internal sources.
- Provided excellent telephone support experience to more than 200 customers per day during busy Holiday period; recognized by Employee Service Award Program.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 11
- Established friendships with guests, providing prompt service to all visitors.
- Aided in solving guest complaints by investigating reasons behind billing errors.
- Accurately planned banquet halls for receptions and dinners; provided food/beverage suggestions based on client preferences or dietary restrictions.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills by welcoming patrons and attending to their needs quickly and efficiently.
- Greeted patients at the front desk of a dental office; entered data into the computer system while accurately directing each patient’s concerns to an appropriate staff member.
Front Desk Attendant Resume Sample 12
- Contributed to successful government meetings by preparing agendas on all relevant topics after researching the Data Access Act, Freedom of Information Act, and Sunshine laws.
- Recognized for saving an hour each day in transcribing dictation through improved word processing proficiency.
- Provided exceptional filing protection of sensitive materials with 99.6% accuracy rate attained during first three months at new job.
- Achieved 5-star customer satisfaction evaluation from managers after attending training sessions on communication skills, conflict resolution, and guest relations awareness.
- Bestowed a higher level of professionalism among staff members by facilitating continuing education and implementing best management practices throughout the company.
To be a Front Desk Attendant, you must have a high school diploma or GED as well as previous experience in hospitality, great customer service, and be knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Front desk attendants must demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in regards to schedules, computer literacy, strong written and verbal communication skills, organized and attentional detail, and great customer service.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.