The main function of an Engineering Supervisor is to provide direction and leadership to ensure that personnel are following safety regulations and doing what they can to have their plant run smoothly. Their main responsibility is providing overall direction, facilitate and supervise daily processes such as maintenance, waste water, and electrical distribution.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Engineering Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Engineering Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Actively participated in career development: attended career fairs and training workshops, and participated in on-line and off-line interviews and peer reviews.
- Effectively managed engineering logistics; ensured excellence through implementation of best practices, while ensuring all projects were completed on time and to budget.
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills; achieved recognition for organizational excellence, personal development, and community service.
- Achieved quality award; effectively supervised more than 100 staff performing technical roles; ensured excellence through implementation of best practices, while ensuring all projects were completed on time and to budget.
- Received outstanding quality award; ensured continuous improvement through extensive training and education, and the implementation of best practices.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Performed engineering inspections for all of the projects on time and within budget.
- Student Supervision of qualified staff to ensure new hires were trained, qualified, and had completed necessary required training.
- Coordinated with the Project Manager to provide project status updates for both of their teams.
- Participated in departmental meetings to provide information regarding changes in rules, regulations, agencies new policies, laws, etc.
- Performed work on FHA funded properties; responsible for performing walk-through inspections of all work-in-progress on properties.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Played a leading role in securing an award for the entire team; successfully implemented projects with limited resources, which resulted in improved performance.
- Called on to act as Project Manager; effectively communicated plans and policies, liaised with team mediators, and ensured project timelines were met.
- An exceptional leader; effectively directed teamwork and teamwork projects.
- Proven innovator; recognized for responding to changing needs of employees and customers; author of reports that led to improved performance.
- Appointed as team mentor; clearly identifiable by colleagues as an innovative problem solver who was able to influence others through his professionalism, work ethic, integrity, and enthusiasm.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw the design and construction of new manufacturing facilities, meeting project deadlines on time and within budget.
- Researched and implemented environmentally friendly products for utilities that cut production utilities by 40 percent.
- Designed a more efficient product that reduced the costs of production by 15 percent without sacrificing quality.
- Won department award for excellence three times; praised for reducing scrap rates by 10 percent.
- Redesigned an outdated process, resulting in a 67 percent increase in productivity six months later with zero defects on new products shipped out of the plant.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Effectively managed a team of engineers, technicians, and lab technicians while coordinating projects and meetings.
- Effectively managed a team of engineers, technicians, and lab technicians while managing day-to-day operations.
- Effectively managed a team of engineers, technicians, and lab technicians while participating in creative problem solving.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines from customers who had applied for a loan from the company.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively oversaw Office of Learning during orientation training sessions.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Researched engineering projects on the web, updated design specifications for design review board meetings, updated engineering drawings, and created blueprints for new projects.
- Maintained an active engineering file for all new projects.
- Participated in weekly meeting with Engineers to ensure new projects meet required milestones.
- Achieved award for total hours of work performed, receiving merit increases each year during my tenure of employment.
- Received official letter of recognition from Engineering Management advising that I have proven my dedication to engineering by being a “Nature’s Keeper” of all client records related to specific project(s).
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Organized a construction plan on a tight deadline to comply with the contract date.
- Wrote a comprehensive engineering review of a medical facility that included construction specifications and design.
- Developed plans for the reconstruction, renovation, and expansion of a municipal water system as project manager under general supervision. Responsible for hiring of all trades as well as maintaining close liaison with engineers regarding specifications.
- Supervised projects involving fire suppression systems, small box underground sprinkler systems, and automatic train control on high speed rail line.
- Productive and motivated; achieved annual goals and quotas.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Managed a team composed of an Intern and one other Engineer in the development of a new product line.
- Prepared over 200 drawings for use in manufacturing, e.g., electrical schematics, exploded views, CAD layouts, BOMs.
- Acted as backup support when primary engineer was out on medical leave; effectively maintained all projects in various stages of engineering design.
- Prepared design calculations to verify structural integrity, e.g., dead loads and live loads for roof and concrete flooring, motor weights per most current industry standards, etc.
- Guaranteed conformance to industry standards, e.g., electrical code, structural design code, etc.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Engineering Supervisor for a major corporation. Developed occupational health and safety programs. Researching, analyzing, designing, manufacturing, implementing, and supervising the work of engineering staff.
- Developed specifications for computer control systems using Allen Bradley PLC’s. Revised plant procedures to support new design layouts. Installed new CAD/CAM system to speed up the design process.
- Coordinated with different divisions to ensure welding process was in compliance with company standards. Effectively supervised over 12 welders during heavy production schedule; met or exceeded production goal of 120 tons per week.
- Worked with a team of employees to make production layout changes. Revised work flow sequence of work stations. Increased production from 60 tons per week to 146 tons per week within four months, while reducing labor costs by 25%.
- Senior design engineer for a major corporation.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Increased productivity by increasing the effectiveness of personnel–trained 19 employees in resolving customer issues regarding computer hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Developed effective systems for resolving employee errors by identifying employee training needs and recommended options for improving overall quality.
- Reviewed work tickets to ensure that tasks were covered after direct reports were off site or unavailable; identified additional staffing needs based on workload demands.
- Prepared project schedules that took into consideration departmental time frames and deadlines.
- Developed project plans to ensure all deliverables were met within deadlines. Worked with management to maintain production schedules in the event of unanticipated absences.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Performed quality assurance/quality control checks for assigned projects by ensuring that project followed design intent of methods, specifications, codes, etc.
- Resolved customer complaints within 48 hours of receipt; recognized by managing engineers for professionalism.
- Replied to over 500 questions via the Internet on the company web site.
- Created a training program that increased productivity of employees by 100%.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; identified and eliminated several defects in manufacturing process.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Directed the maintenance of on-campus buildings on campus property.
- Supervised the annual engineering plans for campus buildings, halls, and residence halls. Developed financial reports for faculty and staff regarding capital improvements.
- Developed plans for capital improvements to student buildings based on needs identified by the Campus Planner.
- Assisted in proposal preparation relating to state grants and federal programs.
- Developed periodic tasks lists for various projects to help ensure timely completion of works. Quoted properly, worked closely with contractors, and was available to provide input into subcontractors’ proposals.
Engineering Supervisor Resume Sample 13
- Trained engineering staff to install and troubleshoot software applications for hardware devices.
- Led a team of 13 engineers in successful implementation of new hardware device software.
- Cited as a strong supervisor by peers and subordinates; trained staff to perform job duties, as well as handle team responsibilities.
- Orchestrated effective teamwork between programmers, analysts, and designers; improved employee morale.
- Recognized for outstanding leadership; supervised 6 additional engineers; guided managers with decisions pertaining to employee training and development.
Engineering supervisors should have a BS in Engineering as well as experience that includes project management experience and 10 years in manufacturing and maintenance management. Engineering supervisors must demonstrate leadership, accountability, strong communication skills, decision-making, adaptability, attention to detail and great judgement.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.