A Director of Communications is responsible for the flow of information between an organization and the public. Duties Director of Communications include managing the Public Relations staff, formulating communication strategies, contact person for the media, monitoring the company’s image in the public, supervises any communication material for the company and generating advertisement messages.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Communications Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Communications resumes for your reference.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 1
- Spearheaded and managed company crisis rollout and damage control immediately following an attack on three separate regional offices.
- Recognized as company spokeswomen by media outlets; quoted in several local publications about upcoming business expansions, community reassurances, and support strategies.
- Responsible for monthly communications distribution to all staff members as well as updating the company website with press releases, announcements, new product information, and other feature articles.
- Selected as lead speaker at a major national convention; outlined new company philosophies and values while delivering proactive suggestions for reaching broader audiences.
- Received commendations from senior management and clients alike for collaborative efficiency during month of extensive promotional activities that included guest speaking opportunities at regional high schools.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 2
- Oversaw all facets of the communications department; effectively managed multiple simultaneous projects.
- Developed and implemented strategic marketing campaigns for high-profile clients including (name) and (company).
- Delivered results-driven, creative public relations strategies that met or exceeded client expectations; awarded several times by company over past 3 years.
- Received highest 2009 ratings from (city, state) Tourism Board for positive media coverage; garnered several PR awards in regional competitions.
- Improved public relations within community culminating in increased tourism revenue after consulting with focus groups to determine campaign needs.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 3
- Achieved award for Communication Excellence; effectively mass communicated and disseminated information to the public regarding locations, services, and news about my employer’s various divisions.
- Provided outstanding communication through email and telephone during a period of high call volume and high employee turnover which resulted in unprecedented growth and record numbers of new accounts.
- Qualified as one of three finalists from over five hundred applicants for an open position due to superb writing skills, clear speaking voice, professionalism ,and positive attitude.
- Secured funding from corporate sponsorships by developing effective written proposals that clearly described monetary gain or service acquisitions expected from partnerships with my employers.
- Received recognition as a company spokesperson after interviews that highlighted my organization’s recent accomplishments and growth.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 4
- On a team of 14, managed a multi-million dollar PR sector with 80% saved due to effective cost control and streamlining.
- Increased the company’s online presence by creating social media pages for Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn while also increasing website traffic from 2 million hits per year to 4 million hits within 1 year.
- Invented campaign strategies to promote positive emotions among employees at local hospitals through videos about the joys of being a medical assistant.
- Collaborated with freelance writers, editors, and other members of my team to create successful press releases using AP Style guidelines; increased awareness of community service projects organized by local schools.
- Led an award-winning team of writers to produce informative and engaging newsletters with the help of an in-house graphic/web design team; published newsletter with a circulation rate of 28,571.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 5
- Successfully developed and executed a strategic plan that increased organizational membership by over 20%.
- Spearheaded an initiative to partner with global corporations and develop customized communications campaigns.
- Pioneered the department’s first digital media strategy, including the launch of two brand-new websites from scratch.
- Provided public relations outreach to government officials after securing a sizable state contract worth millions of dollars.
- Developed a comprehensive social media strategy focused on audience growth as well as content creation, promotion, and analysis.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 6
- Coordinated public relations and marketing communications for a non-profit organization serving senior citizens with Alzheimer’s disease, including the development of an annual volunteer appreciation dinner.
- Planned, organized, and staffed a national conference that attracted over 200 attendees from around the country, increasing attendance by 20% in three years.
- Wrote press releases that resulted in media coverage from every major newspaper in the state.
- Frequent speaker at local libraries on topics relating to communication and medical research; developed program for after-school detention classes emphasizing communication techniques using role playing.
- Established new communication goals for a local marine life rescue center including regular publication of a newsletter communicating education programs and events held at the center.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 7
- Pivoted strategies to effectively represent the interests of creditors, debtors, and public agencies in the restructuring of loans.
- Spearheaded new business acquisition through rebranding campaign by developing relationships with realtors, bankers, attorneys, accountants, and other professionals while following up on referrals.
- Facilitated professional development programs that enabled staff to grow effective communication skills while engaging in continuous training for HDTV standards conversion.
- Launched an experimental publication targeting millennial audience using digital marketing channels; acquired five advertisers within six months of its launch.
- Spearheaded fundraising campaigns for international travel program by organizing promotional events targeted toward business leaders, college alumni groups, high school coaches, and community leaders.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 8
- Met, exceeded, and extended the scope of assigned projects via public relations campaigns.
- Launched a new community service program serving 400 homeless individuals per month.
- Increased membership in Community Organization (COM) by 15% within 1 year; managed 2 teams totaling 25 members.
- Helped win accreditation for Local Church (LC) with Christian Nonprofit Agency (CNA); initiated essential processes to achieve this honor.
- Guided major expansion efforts to create new opportunities for LC’s worldwide ministry; developed resource development plan resulting in $30,000 raised prior to launch date.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 9
- Established and ensured the effective and efficient dissemination of information in marketing/public relations department, thereby contributing to a 30% growth in revenue.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service when resolving complaints.
- Promoted public relations by handing out free eye exams at the annual National Literacy Convention; tracked news coverage such as published articles, press releases, and newspaper clippings.
- Wrote award-winning article that was accepted into publication by Industrial Communications Magazine.
- Increased readership of employee magazine from 28% to 75%; recognized by Executive Management Team for successful implementation of plan to increase popularity within employee base.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 10
- Planned and implemented five new programs
- Managed company-wide e-mail alert system that reaches over 3,000 employees.
- Coordinated and produced educational seminars for professional development.
- Established and nurtured relationships between stakeholders – i.e., investors, business partners, consumers and media publics – to create consistent and appropriate messages.
- Attained positive recognition through increased communications activity; increased access to executives by media representatives.
Director of Communications Resume Sample 11
- Developed award-winning, integrated marketing programs to promote one of the largest non-profit providers in New England; recognized by the Association of Fundraising Professionals for excellence in fundraising.
- Inspired collegiality and esprit de corps among staff members after restructuring communications department into a more innovative, profitable, and productive organization.
- Introduced new public relations activities that increased web referrals by 50% within 6 months; recognized by senior management for exceptional performance.
- Spearheaded community involvement activities through sponsorships with local business organizations resulting in 18% increase in charitable contributions from businesses during the holiday season.
- Achieved successful media coverage on minority health issues while chairing the Diversity Committee; recognized by senior management for creative solutions to communications problems.
To work as Director of Communications, you need Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations or a related field. Directors of Communications must have good written and interpersonal communication skills, strong presentation and public speaking skills, organizational skills, ability to motivate and result oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Director Of Communications Resume Samples
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 1
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 2
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 3
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 4
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 5
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 6
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 7
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 8
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 9
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 10
- Director of Communications Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up