These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Biologist resumes for your reference.
- Perform water quality tests including pH, salinity, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, phosphate, and copper.
- Lead diver of the main dining room tank. In charge of feed and maintenance dives and water quality adjustments.
- Interact with exotic birds including macaws, reptiles such as bearded dragons, snakes, skinks, turtles, and invertebrates such as tarantulas.
- Responsible for large and minute nutrient addition and chemical treatments daily and as necessary as well as logging amounts, time, and reasons.
- Checked ponds densities hourly and harvested when densities were reached as well as logged harvest information and hourly NTUs.
- Mixed large amount of chemicals and refilled chemicals when necessary using proper PPE.
- Working with crews (Both English speaking and Spanish speaking) to prevent damage to resources within the park.
- This included a range of duties from directing where drilling equipment could be placed to preventing crew members from harming any flora or fauna.
- Monitoring for and documenting impacts that occur, and talking with the individuals involved with the impacts about why they happened and steps that can be taken to avoid impacts in the future.
- Maintaining clear, concise field notes to be entered into a daily field report which would be submitted to multiple private entities and government agencies.
- Responsible for training technical staff in both individual technical procedures as well as collective procedures required to execute study protocols.
- Performs verbal and written communication (i.e., status reports) with Study Sponsors and related clients.
- Specialized in endocrine disruptor testing, including ELISA Vitellogenin analysis on fat head minnows thoroughly.
- Performed Tissue Culture based potency assays on live vaccine products, process intermediates, and related experimental samples associated with the Varicella Zoster Virus.
- Prepared culture media, maintained multiple MRC-5 cell lines, and compiled data following good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Ensure that Laboratory Equipment is acceptable for use, reviewed logbooks for organization and GMP standards, and maintained database for CO2-level and temperature deviations for 20+ actively used incubators, refrigerators, and cryogenic freezers.
- High throughput screening efforts to support medicinal chemistry in making go- no-go decisions in early space projects.
- Provided key data in mechanism of action studies for clinical candidates (CETP inhibitor-Anacetrapib).
- Designed and executed experiments to further understanding of compound interaction in pathways in atherosclerosis early space.
- Co-developed and ran counter-screens like cytotoxicity, viability, and compound interference assays for hit validation.
- Co-developed when needed and optimized follow-up assays for lead compound characterization.
- Employed molecular and protein biology and biochemistry techniques like substrate competition, enzyme kinetics, immunofluorescence, qPCR, western blot, proliferation, apoptosis, etc. to validate lead compounds and to determine the AC50, Modes of Action (MOA), and biological target.
- Observed good planning to ensure each project’s milestones were achieved and reported in a timely manner.
- Assess impacts of proposed projects on habitat, coordinate with other agencies on mitigation and concerns.
- Formulate plans for civil works and ecosystem restoration projects.
- Coordinate internally and externally with engineers and construction divisions and contractors.
- Used photography and GPS technology to monitor the location and movement of Gopherus aggassizii in and around a power line construction project.
- Worked alongside construction personnel to aid in maximizing the efficiency of the project while ensuring the safety of the native flora and fauna.
- Lead field teams on surveys for multiple special status plants and animals.
- Coordinate all facets of client’s projects, such as conduct pre- and post- plant and animal surveys, monitor heavy equipment and seismic crews, and give project personnel endangered species training, write pre-construction and post-construction reports, consult with clients and agencies.
- Write re- vegetation requirements for reclamation plan, and carry out those revegetation requirements.
- Write several different regulatory permits for various projects.
- Kept track of incoming samples and scheduled samples to be processed by lab assistants.
- Trained assistants and other lab technicians on methods and techniques to ensure consistency throughout all lab operations.
- Kept inventory of agar media stocks, antibiotic stocks, as well as other lab supplies and placed orders for lab equipment and chemicals needed.
- Prepared agar media for all testing conducted in the lab and ensured that the quality of the media was good by testing its effectiveness to grow our target bacteria as well as its ability to inhibit saprophytic growth.
- Duties included coordinating crews to ensure they were informed of all biological resources and potential compliance issues.
- Conducted daily nesting bird surveys prior to all work activities. Documented all nests located using GIS.
- Created daily reports documenting all biological resources, their status, and any compliance issues that may have occurred.
- Collected post-construction data using GIS and created spreadsheet for use in final post-construction report.