Vascular Technologists operate sonographic equipment and communicate results of diagnostic exams. Their duties include explaining procedures to patients, performing ultrasound examinations of the vascular system, comparing patients’ current scans to previous scans, helping doctors diagnose vascular disorders, and following departmental standards.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Vascular Technologist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Vascular Technologist resumes for your reference.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 1
- Prepared and transported patients for all types of vascular diagnostic studies; including IV, arteriograms, venograms, and angiograms.
- Trained staff members in positioning procedures to prevent discomfort and complications during testing procedures.
- Evaluated x-rays and routinely examined IV catheters for proper functioning and patency immediately before and after completion of the vascular test.
- Prepared materials for injection, set-up and worked with multiple local anesthesia techniques to prepare test sites.
- Monitored patient’s cardiovascular system during an arteriogram and venogram and ensured safety and comfort throughout all testing procedures.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in the development of a clinical pathway for patients with peripheral vascular disease which was adopted by several clinics.
- Oversaw daily work flow, prioritized assignments to ensure efficient operation, and re-organized workflow into an automated format.
- Instructed medical assistants on proper techniques aiming towards improving their patient care skills; receive testimonials from patients regarding my rapport.
- Initiated a system for time management to help increase productivity and reduce turnover while reducing organizational costs by $9,000 yearly while earning a salary raise.
- Took initiative to create a quality feedback program ensuring conformance to standards while providing auditing procedures within laboratories for monitoring accuracy at three hospitals.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 3
- Gained 6 years of progressive experience in the care and treatment of vascular disorders.
- Introduced advanced, state-of-the-art techniques for diagnosis and management of chronic venous insufficiency across the Southwestern United States.
- Trained foreign clinicians on arterial access device placement at major international medical conference in Europe.
- Received Excellence Award from President and CEO for outstanding performance and performance as a team leader during company’s most profitable year ever.
- Influenced statewide adoption of new practice guidelines related to ultrasound usage in deep vein thrombosis screening.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 4
- Utilized ultrasound equipment and cadaver to learn manual palpation of the carotid, femoral, renal, and pedal arteries.
- Handled two types of vascular procedures including varicose vein stripping, sclerotherapy injection therapy for spider veins, and balloon treatments.
- Composed reports from patient consultations for triage system & presented physical findings from patient diagnostic evaluation sessions with attending physicians.
- Determined blood flow rate through human aorta in order to monitor blood pressure during surgery on a young girl no older than five years old while working at Boston Medical Center.
- Effectively communicated with patients while treating them with compassion during long hours while working at various hospitals in New York.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 5
- Gained practical experience and knowledge of general vascular procedures and equipment through completion of on-the-job training.
- Demonstrated proficiency in vascular technology by developing and implementing patient education program.
- Trained new employees to ensure compliance with established departmental policies and procedures, as assigned.
- After receiving promotion to head of testing, streamlined process for complex imaging studies to further facilitate scheduling and expedite lab testing time frame.
- Awarded Employee of the Year for 2010 as voted by staff; recognized by facility administrators for outstanding performance in annual review meeting.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 6
- Provided effective venous access for patients undergoing chemotherapy, cardiac catheterization, and radiological examinations.
- Instructed patient care technicians on technical methods of prepping and draping procedures to enhance patient safety while maintaining current sterilization standards.
- Achieved “Employee of the Month” recognition for demonstrating high standards in education and certification as a vascular technologist.
- Contributed expertise to resolve cases of arterial collapse occurring during surgery and recovery with patients diagnosed with metastatic conditions.
- Identified critical diagnoses related to symptoms of poor blood flow causing lower leg complications such as tissue necrosis or gangrene leading to possible amputation.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 7
- Effective in meeting the requirements of vascular ultrasounds by administering contrast dye, injecting saline solution, and removing excess limb fluid.
- Familiar with preparation procedures for known examinations including intravenous injections and decubitus ulcer care.
- Accurately performed phlebotomy at least 80 times each month; had success in avoiding contamination using sterile techniques while drawing blood sample.
- Proficiently managed two patients at a time during venipuncture on more than one occasion; effective in following medical protocol to ensure safety of both patients.
- Effectively completed five daily pre-op check lists while maintaining compliance with established standards of dress code, confidentiality policies, and infection control protocols.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated fine needle aspiration technique in obtaining diagnostic specimens from different types of lesions.
- Representative of the central laboratory at a national conference, passing on knowledge and skills to other colleagues in the business.
- Ranked 1 st out of 11 candidates when taking official certification examination to conduct imaging tests in vascular diagnosis.
- Provided personalized care for patients by performing dressings, injections, and catheterizations with empathy and compassion.
- Developed expertise during 17 years working in a busy outpatient cancer infusion clinic where I gained considerable experience in chemotherapy medications and their side effects.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 9
- Instrumental in saving lives during emergency trauma situations by identifying and treating vascular injury accurately and quickly.
- Modified current staff scheduling practices; reduced overtime 50% while maintaining staffing levels and 100% compliance with OSHA requirements; recognized as Employee of the Month.
- Provided needed assistance for one patient who was bleeding profusely resulting from a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm; acted calmly and efficiently to preserve life until surgery could be performed.
- Developed rapport with patients by showing genuine interest, concern, empathy, and optimism regarding their condition as well as treatment options.
- Served as a positive role model for other employees through setting high standards regarding time management, clinical competency, and compliance with procedures.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 10
- Processed specimen specimens by performing blood analysis using manual and automated techniques.
- Provided information to patients, nursing staff, and physicians regarding results of procedures performed.
- Developed skills in image interpretation of vascular ultrasounds.
- Gained experience on three different types of ultrasound machines including cardiac output devices.
- Preserved departmental equipment through preventive maintenance schedules set forth by manufacturers’ guidelines to prevent malfunctions or breakdowns for daily operations.
Vascular Technologist Resume Sample 11
- Prepared and set up patients, sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Checked the function of all equipment to ensure optimal performance; repaired and checked for proper functioning equipment.
- Utilized ultrasound imaging technology to create images of arteries and veins providing diagnostic data to the physician.
- Documented clinical assessments and treatment outcomes, using computer-generated digital imaging and related software programs.
- Provided patient care in a professional manner demonstrating concern, empathy, attention to detail, discretion, respect for confidentiality along with legal boundaries ensuring patient safety at all times.
To be a vascular technologist you must have an associate’s degree in Sonography, Radiology or a related field. Vascular Technologists must work independently or as a team member, communicate effectively, be able to handle protected information, be professional, have a flexible schedule, be thorough and have good problem-solving skills to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.