A banquet coordinator manages the operations of a banquet held at specific locations. A banquet coordinator’s duties include promoting services, coordinating with suppliers, creating menus, purchasing ingredients, meeting with clients to discuss operations, and recommending menu items.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Banquet Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Banquet Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished the following duties:
- Oversaw banquet planning and execution of all events, including planning, purchasing, and procurement of food, drink, seating arrangements, and decorations.
- Organized holiday balls and gift-giving occasions.
- Understood guest requirements by communicating with employees on a daily basis to fulfill event needs.
- Enforced all types of sanitation regulations in order to keep up with the required 80% rate of cleanliness needed for a multi-million dollar highly competitive facility.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Coordinated the arrangements for a company banquet in the style and procedures that have always been followed by the company (e.g.: timely order of dishes, coordination of child care, organization of silverware and glassware).
- Assisted in handling unexpected events and crises when they occurred.
- Created a system for logging expenses throughout the year.
- Ensured accuracy of all order forms, cards, and reservations; prepared notes to assist those responsible for the order.
- Performed tasks with integrity and professionalism while consistently maintaining a positive attitude despite outside pressure and unforeseen circumstances.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Coordinated all aspects of the event including but not limited to catering, seating arrangements, menus, entertainment, and decorations.
- Created signature dishes based on catered food selections (i.e.: Cajun Rice with Crawfish/Crab legs).
- Directed a team of volunteers who helped in cleaning up the facility; effectively managed hard workers and worked well with a diverse group of individuals.
- Collaborated with the hotel manager on planning the events (i.e.: cocktail hour, reception.)
- Organized and executed a prom for over 250 students that were enjoyed by all in attendance.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Maintained a clean, organized, and well-stocked food service table; maintained an accurate inventory of all supplies.
- Prepared and cooked healthy, balanced meal options for employees’ daily lunch break.
- Organized and cleaned up as needed during the lunch break to enable employees to enjoy their meals in a calm and relaxed atmosphere.
- Ensured that catering orders were held with sufficient supplies for at least 45 minutes to one hour.
- Handled special events, such as company meetings and promotional parties, with enthusiasm and professionalism.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Identified and coordinated the needs of guests, devised and facilitated effective programs for over fifteen hundred attending guests in four years.
- Learned on the job how to motivate employees, coordinate functions, assist with budgeting, to successfully plan and implement banquet events.
- Implemented computerized reservation system that allowed seating plans, food orders to be accommodated without having to go through the cashier.
- Improved profitability while increasing attendance by 30% by attending to the needs of customers; enhanced customer service; reduced the loss by $150 per event.
- Successfully hired two additional employees in his department.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Directed a team of eight to analyze and plan for the needs of over 300 wedding guests; established food, beverage, and service schedules.
- Organized a diverse staff to arrive on time, work efficiently, and complete tasks before time expired; completed three banquets with 100% success.
- Incorporated ideas into plans without upsetting previous standards; received praise from the General Manager for efficiently creating innovative banquet design.
- Provided exemplary customer service to over 300 wedding guests; earned cash tips from waiters for creating a fun experience.
- Recognized by General Manager as an effective team leader for handling stressful situations in short amounts of time.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Billed more than $5 million per year in net sales by generating new banquet reservations.
- Reduced operating expenses by $100,000 per year through a new method of food delivery and preparation.
- Raised profits from $300,000 to $750,000 per year as banquet manager.
- Awarded for handling all banquet duties with professionalism and efficiency during a major hurricane when the front desk was swamped with guests requiring assistance.
- Recognized for supervising a staff of 20 on a daily basis; maintained budget, quality control of services, and elimination of employee disputes.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Skilled in the art of coordinating, designing, and maintaining special events for over 600 guests.
- Trained 100-plus employees in leadership and team-building techniques for event planning for one of the South’s largest healthcare systems.
- Kept over 10,000 pounds of inventory in stock; created menus that satisfied all dietary requirements of every guest.
- Assisted with invitations, cocktail service, and table settings for special events/meeting rooms throughout the hospital’s campus.
- Personally contacted more than twenty-five major suppliers to make sure they were available during events in order to provide an exceptional experience for clients.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Scheduled and organized all restaurant facilities, equipment, and staff for 450 guests annually.
- Ensured that staff was scheduled, trained, and provided with necessary supplies to provide clean, quality service to clients.
- Maintained a professional work environment by supervising workers’ activities for all functions.
- Reduced hotel’s food waste by 15% annually by creating a more efficient inventory and purchasing system for the Banquet Hall.
- Recognized for exceeding sales revenues at Thanksgiving Dinner; promoted to Restaurant Coordinator of the Hotel Chain after three years of devoted service.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Organized, prepared, and maintained a variety of community events held in a private school.
- Managed a restaurant’s everyday operations while ensuring each guest enjoyed a positive dining experience.
- Extensively scheduled and prepared food to be served at various events including concert performances, sporting events, fund-raisers, and weddings.
- Compiled menus for special meals for patients at a medical center’s rehabilitation program.
- Stored and ordered supplies for large functions in the hotel by planning menus, coordinating staff schedules, and purchasing food from wholesale distributors.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Saved department’s time and money on food bills by coordinating with catering companies and setting up multi-course events.
- Helped obtain reduced dining prices for contracts with profit margins of 90% or higher.
- Awarded several consecutive Red Book awards for excellence in service and many other awards at the hotels where I previously worked.
- Developed new catering business opportunities in my home state of Colorado; received eight stars out of eight reviews on trip advisor.
- Managed to save over $50,000 by implementing a new menu, offering more items at reduced prices, and eliminating wasteful spending through duties such as planning and reservation management.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 12
- Achieved top-producing status in a two-year period; surpassed sales goals by over 700%.
- Trained and developed new staff to manage banquet events for 600 guests.
- Attained award for achieving best party results according to corporate client satisfaction survey; promoted to Manager, Banquets.
- Mentored new staff in order to gain greater success at event planning and coordination.
- Realized personal growth and development as a result of mentoring skills attained from experiences coordinating events.
Banquet Coordinator Resume Sample 13
- Planned, supervised, and arranged food preparation, cold storage, and cashier functions.
- Acquired knowledge of food items, cooking styles, and utensils.
- Supervised public telephones in all departments; discovered timed-systematic procedures for disbursement of payments to personnel.
- Ready to manage employee training on short notice by individuals or groups; responsible for maintaining all areas of the facility (cleanliness, etc.)
- Efficiently supervised employees to increase production levels, improve quality standards, and maintain constant standards of security.
To become a banquet coordinator, an associate’s degree in hospitality management is typically required. A banquet coordinator must be creative, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be adaptable, must have excellent leadership skills, must be knowledgeable about the food industry, and must have excellent organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.